• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Edition (JP) |OT| The World is not enough

Its been there for some time though, just hidden behind the rewards screen I believe. New/Returning is the option to hide the UI to be able to see it.

So... how DO you take screenshots on the Switch in MHXX. I thought they disallowed it.

The square button on the left joycon under the directional buttons.

Hunting stuff to 90s Shakira, and Julieta Venegas, gives hunts that oomph factor they didn't need, but makes them even more... interesting 👌.

GAF, when are we playing? Help a bitch get to G-rank. I have the urgents ready to go, but I went back to do village since I wasn't having any luck with people joining when I tried.

Also, what exactly is Hunter search? Should I turn it on? I have yet to see any friends as online when I play. Does that have something to do with it?

My switch code is 1590 5112 0060 for those who may wanna try to get some hunts going.

Tattoo it on your arm if you have to, nekobabe.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Look into the Black X armour, the one you get from mining the giant sword in Pokke. It's perfect for a GS. Atal Ka GS also gets 20 hits of purple (330 Raw, 60 DEF, 3 slots) without any Handicraft skills at it's final upgrade which can be maintained indefinitely with Absolute Readiness, even without Razor Sharp. If you can fit Critical Boost with a charm, 3 slots of the weapon and 2 slots on the armour, it would be THE GS set.
Thanks for the tips. I actually have the Atal Ka GS. Good to know that it's actually 20 hits of purple, since I tried counting it once but stopped after 10 to focus on the fight.
Since I only need 2 more frenzy monster juices and I already have the Atal Ka gem required for level 3, maxing it out shouldn't be a problem.
Based on what you're saying, even with my current Diablos armor, going for Critical Boost and Quick Sheath sounds like the way to go. I'm not giving up the latter, it's just too useful!

Lizardus

Hunting stuff to 90s Shakira, and Julieta Venegas, gives hunts that oomph factor they didn't need, but makes them even more... interesting 👌.

GAF, when are we playing? Help a bitch get to G-rank. I have the urgents ready to go, but I went back to do village since I wasn't having any luck with people joining when I tried.

Also, what exactly is Hunter search? Should I turn it on? I have yet to see any friends as online when I play. Does that have something to do with it?

My switch code is 1590 5112 0060 for those who may wanna try to get some hunts going.

Tattoo it on your arm if you have to, nekobabe.

I'm free for couple of hours if you want to get a room going.

Thanks for the tips. I actually have the Atal Ka GS. Good to know that it's actually 20 hits of purple, since I tried counting it once but stopped after 10 to focus on the fight.
Since I only need 2 more frenzy monster juices and I already have the Atal Ka gem required for level 3, maxing it out shouldn't be a problem.
Based on what you're saying, even with my current Diablos armor, going for Critical Boost and Quick Sheath sounds like the way to go. I'm not giving up the latter, it's just too useful!

Yeah the Black set gives you Focus, Critical Draw, Sheath Control (Punish Draw + Quick Sheath) and Blightproof. With one Critical Jewel 3 on the Atal Ka weapon, one Critical Jewel 3 on a three-slot charm and two Critical Jewels 1 on each of the armour slot, you can ads Critical Boost, don't even need a god charm.

Yagami_Sama

This might be besides the point,but if I transfer my save from the 3DS version to Switch is it possible to transfer back from Switch to 3DS?

Any issues with this process? Like save data been erased or something like that?

Doombear

It is setup to go both ways easily. Much like it was with MH3U. I went back and forth between systems hundreds of times and never once had any issues. No reason to think this would be any less safe. I've heard nothing about saves getting lost.

Lizardus

This might be besides the point,but if I transfer my save from the 3DS version to Switch is it possible to transfer back from Switch to 3DS?

Any issues with this process? Like save data been erased or something like that?
Nope, pretty easy. There's even an option to have your data backed up each time you transfer if something does go wrong.

Lizardus

Did you guys play with any 3DS player ? If so, there were performances issues or something like that ?

I've played as a 3ds player and with 3ds players and no issue, just make sure you don't make your room "Switch only" or they won't be able to join.

That'd be great. I'm home and settled now, though I was running late. MH is my plan for tonight so I'll be around for a while now.

Give me 20 minutes.

Juraash

I've played as a 3ds player and with 3ds players and no issue, just make sure you don't make your room "Switch only" or they won't be able to join.

Give me 20 minutes.

Sounds good, just doing random gathering quests and what not for the time being.

Juraash

Ready, got a room up?

Not yet, I'll muddle through setup since I haven't done it much on this version. I'll update this post once I've sorted the room.

Room: 09-7539-1174-3940 no pw since I couldn't remember how to set it and was taking too long lol.

Boogiepop

So, I set up custom firmware on my old 3DS for my friend, got it running and the English patch too. Only problem... the game seems to want him to install an update to play on line. He goes through with clicking the prompt to update... but it doesn't seem to work, as he just keeps getting prompted. And the eShop button seems to take him to the English eShop, so he can't get to the update directly like that.

Can anyone help out here?

Edit: Got it, after probably way too much effort.

Not yet, I'll muddle through setup since I haven't done it much on this version. I'll update this post once I've sorted the room.

Room: 09-7539-1174-3940 no pw since I couldn't remember how to set it and was taking too long lol.

The room full I take it?

Lizardus

Think he was looking for a boost too. I can't stand LR and most of HR so the goal was to get most of that out of the way.

Yeah, LR is a snoozefest, I don't know if you want to kick one of the randoms out and invite him. I don't envy people who couldn't data transfer and have to go through LR and HR again.

Juraash

Yeah, LR is a snoozefest, I don't know if you want to kick one of the randoms out and invite him. I don't envy people who couldn't data transfer and have to go through LR and HR again.

Yeah I have like 200 hours on Gen alone and a solid set of gear. But we could just remake the room with a pw if you wanted. But it's all lr for me, so it's ok if you don't want to hang. I'll slog through village until I can solo if need be.

Yagami_Sama

That's good. I saw some people complaining. But maybe that was just lag instead of 3DS player.

Maybe I will play the 3DS version, in order to gather some high rank stuff, I was doing HR6 quests prior to quit.

Sorry, guys, I was making food, but I just got done eating. I'm ready to join you guys if you wanna remake the room so the four of us can play.

Yeah I have like 200 hours on Gen alone and a solid set of gear. But we could just remake the room with a pw if you wanted. But it's all lr for me, so it's ok if you don't want to hang. I'll slog through village until I can solo if need be.

I don't mind helping people through the slog of low rank cause it really is boring. You guys can go ahead and keep going.

Edit: Forget what I just said, remake a room lol.

Juraash

I'm definitely up to remake with more GAF folks. Now everyone here has done the urgent so we've been fair to all.

New hub: 44-3799-3809-1356

Pw: 3590

I'm a scrubby LR looking to reclaim some of my dignity by powering through the garbage.

So I take it this isn’t a good choice for my first monster hunter game considering I don’t speak Japanese, or would I be able to manage without too much of a headache

Seik

Banned
Fuuuuck.

Just bought Generations on Ebay with a friend that moved away so that we keep playing something, but I'm really tempted to buy this one too.

If there no localisation announced after December, I'll jump in and import.

So I take it this isn’t a good choice for my first monster hunter game considering I don’t speak Japanese, or would I be able to manage without too much of a headache
Not a good starting point at all, unless your masochism levels match your patience.

Most people that imported are used to the game's flow and know the more important items, and figuring out what you need isn't as big a deal when you already have a clue. Also, muscle memory helps a ton for menus.

Top Bottom