• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mornin Joe claims Trump asked "If we have Nuclear Weapons why can't we use them?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't even that long ago it was all smiles and laughter when the Morning Joe panel were talking with or about Trump and his "amazing journey".

Now look at their faces. It says it all.

He was always a shit-show though, and the fact they ever supported him says enough.

I still think Trump is going to lose, and saying garbage like this is sure to guarantee it, but it's depressing to think that tens of millions of people will still vote for him.

Tenebrous

Jokes about an existential threat are no laughing matter at the minute. You want him to win but that would affect people more than Brexit ever has.

We're facing existential threats through other means anyway. Whatever president the USA gets won't do anything to try and at least curtail the impact of global warming, but that's no doubt another thread.

Not trying to say that because we're already facing one we should ignore the other - I just wish people paid a little bit more attention to, well, both.

Redd

We (Republicans) wasted an easy victory and opportunity to beat Hillary by selecting this guy through out the year, unreal....we should have had this in the bag and now we got this buffoon talking about nuclear codes.

That or he is just doing this for buddy clinton, to secure her position in the white house. If so, he is destroying the GOP masterfully and it's a shame because we need balance

Balance is a given. Republicas will still hold the House. If Trump wins though it would probably mean republicans would have the house, senate, scotus, and potus. That's not balanced at all.

Servbot24

Banned
I still think Trump is going to lose, and saying garbage like this is sure to guarantee it, but it's depressing to think that tens of millions of people will still vote for him.

Unfortunately yes. Even when the right candidate wins this year, America has still lost a lot during this cycle. Maybe not lost, but at least been exposed.

We're facing existential threats through other means anyway. Whatever president the USA gets won't do anything to try and at least curtail the impact of global warming, but that's no doubt another thread.

Not trying to say that because we're already facing one we should ignore the other - I just wish people paid a little bit more attention to, well, both.

This sort of thing is why this election isn't already a historic blowout. There is a distance as wide as the Grand Canyon for what action on climate change would be taken under Clinto when compared to Trump. Pretty embarrassing that in the face of the stark contrast between the choices Obama and Bush made, you can still say something like this.

We (Republicans) wasted an easy victory and opportunity to beat Hillary by selecting this guy through out the year, unreal....we should have had this in the bag and now we got this buffoon talking about nuclear codes.

That or he is just doing this for buddy clinton, to secure her position in the white house. If so, he is destroying the GOP masterfully and it's a shame because we need balance

Sorry, but why the fuck would you think you would have "had it in the bag"? What good have republicans done in the past 8 years to get one of their guys as POTUS? The party as a whole has done nothing but obstructionism, their single goal being making Obama a failure at the expense of the country, and dog-whistling everything from islamophobia, to racism, to bigotry along the way. Trump wasn't created in a vacuum, he's the logical result of GOP rhetoric for the past several years. There's no reason any republican candidate should have had or deserves an "easy victory" against a democrat this year. Trump is human garbage, but it's not like the rest of the roster is inspiring in the least. Your claim of "balance" is also laughable, as if swapping parties every time accomplishes that. Obama wasted his presidency fighting tooth and nail to accomplish a small fraction of what he wanted to.

Tenebrous

This sort of thing is why this election isn't already a historic blowout. There is a distance as wide as the Grand Canyon for what action on climate change would be taken under Clinto when compared to Trump. Pretty embarrassing that in the face of the stark contrast between the choices Obama and Bush made, you can still say something like this.

The difference of a Grand Canyon isn't too significant when we need to cover the distance across the Atlantic. No doubt she'd do a tiny bit more, but either way, it'd be nowhere near enough.

Garlador

Trump: "Hey, what does this button do?"

Ren-and-Stimpy-red-button-anim2.gif
We know he couldn't help himself.

Supast4r

Trumps rhetoric isn't that far from what many of the GOPs lead politicans think, just more extreme versions of it.

ultron87

That's completely terrifying.

Shame we don't have his voice saying it. That'd be a killer attack ad. Maybe someone will ask him about it soon and he'll be like "Oh yeah, why can't we use nukes? When I'm in charge I'll make the best decisions about how to use our weapons. The best decisions."

And the emails are being used to destroy the Democratic or at least Hilary..this is some shit.
Democrats are more together than the Republican Party are right now. We know that the only argument that Conservatives have is freaking emails. That's all. While Trump is the gift that keep on giving with his absurdness. He's is making Republican look like complete idiots and truly making them look uneducated like the statistics show. Top Republicans are leaving the party to join the Dems, not the reverse. But say what you feel to make you feel better.

Seriously, if you choose to vote for him, Why? Hes already shown hes a manchild, and you want to give him control over a world superpower?

I hope for the worlds sake that clinton wins.

Biske

Blah blah blah, Hillary and Trump are the same, blah blah blah.

Jesus christ. This is fucking mental.

Why we don't use nuclear weapons is clear as fuck. No sane person would ask this.

bionic77

This is pretty consistent with him.

He wants to explore all options. Defaulting on our debt, abandoning our allies, launching nuclear bombs, abandoning the Geneva Convention and torturing suspected terrorists (along with anyone who dared criticize the fuhrer), etc.

He was 100% right that his supporters would not blink if he shot one of them. I am not sure what it would take for them to jump off the bandwagon at this point.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
His racism bigotry and his xenophobia were already threats to the world. Just not to you hence why you don't care about them.
?

Passive aggressive much with that 'Just not to you hence why you don't care about them.'. Where did I say that those things did not already make him a threat or that I did not care about them? I believe I made it clear in previous posts of mine that I already considered him a huge threat to everyone and everything ( see posts below ). What I meant to say with the post you quote is that him asking why we can't use nukes makes him very, very much more dangerous than we already know he was. Yes, everything coming out of his mouth is terrible and scary and a threat, but please do forgive me for thinking that his apparent willingness to use a nuclear device in war, possibly triggering nuclear retaliation from others or at least plunging the world into war is by far the most dangerous thing we have heard from him recently.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=211822584&postcount=328
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=211817016&postcount=231
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210768018&postcount=9045

Also - if I am not mistaken - it seems you assume me to be a straight white male for some reason; aside from the 'white' part, that assumption would be wrong.
Sorry in advance if your reply wasn't meant as personally as I am taking it.

Keasar

Just to be on the safe side, before Trump enters the Oval office and Obama leaves it, all buttons will be rewired to do one thing.

giphy.gif

Plum

You know the world's gone to hell when this is a realistic prediction and not just a Flash cartoon from the early 2000s.

this alone should be enough to keep anyone from any political position, let alone potus. but then he goes and says it 3 fucking times to make sure listerners know how stupid he is

RPGCrazied

If this doesn't make up the minds from undeciders I don't know what will. Holy shit. The man would literally use nukes. That is fucking horrifying.

But he said this a while ago in a private briefing. There was no expectation that this would become public knowledge.

Donald Trump honestly doesn't know why we can't use nukes.

This was something he asked an adviser, in private. If he doubles down on it in public, yeah, then I agree with you.

edit: goddamnit dragonsworne :p
lol I've been thinking this guy was just trolling in his speech to appeal but he is real crazy.

Your party has done shit-all for this country and will continue to do so in the future. The Republican Party is a disgusting group built by racism and hatred. And now they are dealing with a monster of their own making...Trump. They started this and Trump will now finish them, like Frankenstein to the mad doctor.

Thorgal

Well, he is right about that.

Those things are just sitting there collecting dust.

Whether to fire one is another matter though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom