• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mornin Joe claims Trump asked "If we have Nuclear Weapons why can't we use them?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rlan

The guys on Morning Joe are all fucking terrified.

Joe still thinks that Trump's some Democratic plant though.

No matter what anyone thinks, I believe it's fairly obvious that the Clinton campaign will begin to roll out a Johnson/Goldwater type of attack campaign against Trump...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbIfVEboAzg

She is not going to win by continuing with the "everything isn't so bad" message from the convention. If she wants to win, she will need to convince people how bad it at least "could" be if Trump wins.

She has so much content for attack ads from just last year alone that I bet her PR team must feel like kids at a candy store.

FStubbs

I mentioned Goldwater before but remember he carried the South.

Trump will just say "I was joking around off the record. I wasn't serious. But if I did nuke ISIS the world would be a better place" and his base will eat it up.

Trump will get 45% of the vote and a bunch of red states no matter what. I think people underestimate racism.

Markoman

Ok...ok....let's stay positive GAF..... Maybe we are the crazies and Trump isn't thaaat bad.
There has to be at least one positive thing about nuclear holocaust, right? Right?

If Trump really is that shitty and crazy how can a beautiful and intelligent angel like Melania love this guy? Amirite?

The guys on Morning Joe are all fucking terrified.

Joe still thinks that Trump's some Democratic plant though.

No joke, I actually got someone to switch their vote to Johnson after explaining to him that conspiracy theory. He's got Johnson bumper stickers over his Trump ones, now.

Supast4r

Trump stopped being funny a long while ago. Honestly, I don't even care anymore about the misogyny, racism, bigotry, xenophobia, petty insults and everything else. This man is a threat to the world.

When you actually do not understand why we cannot use nukes and are advocating for using nukes against others and arming more countries with nukes, you are a threat to the security of the world and I would vote for any candidate that isn't you.
His racism bigotry and his xenophobia were already threats to the world. Just not to you hence why you don't care about them.

zigg

Trump's base: "He's right you know, let's just nuke Syria and get it over with"
I dunno if this is supposed to be funny or not, but I've had a couple right-wing acquaintances straight-facedly advocate for turning the Middle East into a "sea of glass"

deadzonestillson29essy.jpg
Trump is Stillson come to life.

jmdajr

If anything the electoral process would save us. Why else would you have it?

I don't think it will get to that though.

I genuinely hope he wins. Not because he's the right candidate, because everyone over the age of six knows he isn't...

But he's definitely the most interesting, and as it isn't my country? Sure, Viva Trump! I just wanna use the line "Well you guys made your bed & now you have to lie in it," just like so many non-Brits did over Brexit. Tears, please.

It's a shame he won't win.
Get this shit out of here.

I genuinely hope he wins. Not because he's the right candidate, because everyone over the age of six knows he isn't...

But he's definitely the most interesting, and as it isn't my country? Sure, Viva Trump! I just wanna use the line "Well you guys made your bed & now you have to lie in it," just like so many non-Brits did over Brexit. Tears, please.

Truly the strangest thread you could make this statement in. Unless you intentionally picked the worst one, or maybe you do this a lot?

le.phat

Fuck off with that shortsided shit. Him being president will affect every single land in this world.

BokehKing

Banned
We (Republicans) wasted an easy victory and opportunity to beat Hillary by selecting this guy through out the year, unreal....we should have had this in the bag and now we got this buffoon talking about nuclear codes.

That or he is just doing this for buddy clinton, to secure her position in the white house. If so, he is destroying the GOP masterfully and it's a shame because we need balance

who says he wont bomb/ nuke your country?

Don't even joke about it,just don't

The schadenfreude will feel nice until he's nuking the middle east and we all die from a mix between Israel, Russia, China, Pakistan, France, Britain launching nukes all over the world.

Coincidentally, where do you think the survivors are going to go?

SilentRob

Fucking terrifying. Get this guy out of here.

Also, it happened months ago, why are we only hearing about it now???

Probably because you have to verify what your sources are telling you and make absolutely sure it is true if you are going to say it publicly.

E92 M3

That is about the dumbest logic I've read today.

"I hope other people suffer for my entertainment."

kmax

It wasn't even that long ago it was all smiles and laughter when the Morning Joe panel were talking with or about Trump and his "amazing journey".

Now look at their faces. It says it all.

Never done it before. In fact, I don't think I've ever posted in a Trump thread before... Definitely haven't posted in one saying I hope he wins.

As a foreigner, it's just too interesting to not wanna see. Will it affect my country? No doubt, but we're fucked anyway so heyo, who cares.

Everyone whose sense of critical thinking and empathy isn't damaged.

If you're not being sarcastic, this shit isn't funny anymore. Trump is a legitimate threat to global stability and human rights.

You're a horrible human being if you actually think this way.

The funny thing is that if Trump really said this in private he'll say it in public when asked about it. So we'll know later today or this weekend. A normal person would just deny this. Trump will likely wonder "why deny I said something so smart."

There's zero chance it's happening, but it would be such an epic moment if Trump was elected and then he immediately retires, declaring he was trolling all along and just wanted to show us how fucking dumb people can be.

He might be veering in the same direction as Putin's doctrine on nuclear weapons - the Russian military apparently believes that 'limited' tactical nuclear strikes will break an enemy's (read: NATO) resolve and will actually de-escalate the possibility of nuclear retaliation.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either but that's how the Russians have been training and talking.

NATO and the US being level-headed in the face of these weird pivots is currently preventing another arms race... but suddenly: Trump.

Vagabundo

It wasn't even that long ago it was all smiles and laughter when the Morning Joe panel were talking with or about Trump and his "amazing journey".

Now look at their faces. It says it all.

It was actually pretty sobering just how scared they were the silence after the General dude said "no one". I kinda expected one of them to start screaming into the camera.

Septic360

Banned
I mentioned Goldwater before but remember he carried the South.

Trump will just say "I was joking around off the record. I wasn't serious. But if I did nuke ISIS the world would be a better place" and his base will eat it up.

Trump will get 45% of the vote and a bunch of red states no matter what. I think people underestimate racism.

If Trump gets 45% of the vote, what a massive indictment that will be against the American populace.

I mean, the fact that he's the Republican front-runner; that alone is mind boggling. The shit he has said is just ridiculous- it would be instant political suicide in most countries around the world but this guy just appears to get away with it.

With the things he is saying, he shouldnt even have 1% of the vote. Wtf is going on? Scary state of affairs.

Nivash

I basically choked on me coffee reading this. And that's in spite of the fact that I already assumed Trump today be this dense and dangerous - it's just so shocking to actually read it spelled out like that, I can't pretend that I'm just being paranoid anymore. Jesus Fucking Christ.

Ok...ok....let's stay positive GAF..... Maybe we are the crazies and Trump isn't thaaat bad.
There has to be at least one positive thing about nuclear holocaust, right? Right?

If Trump really is that shitty and crazy how can a beautiful and intelligent angel like Melania love this guy? Amirite?

A nuclear Holocaust would solve global wealth inequality, overpopulation and even reverse climate change. It's not all bad!

/S

Apparently it isn't. I guess GAF was the wrong place to say something so obviously daft, so apologies for the minor detour. I shall go back to the gaming side with my nuclear tail between my legs.
Jokes about an existential threat are no laughing matter at the minute. You want him to win but that would affect people more than Brexit ever has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom