• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X on PC (500,000 SOLD) not getting Kombat Pack 2 or XL version

I didn't buy the latest disappointments from WB (Batman AK and MKX) but I'm beginning to become more and more convinced to put all future games, across all systems under the banner of WB on my personal ignore list. Unfortunately I've already bought Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max months ago, I still need to play them but I'd rather refund them now if it were possible.

Lomax

Better yet, we should do that for all games (especially for genres like fighters).

Maybe then, these companies will get the hint & stop the shit with all of these BS practices of theirs & put out a complete, finished product.

Continued support of a game over time isn't a bad thing. People aren't complaining the dlc exists, they're complaining the pc isn't getting it. Lumping all dlc together as a universally bad thing is reductive and basically goes against the entire point of this thread.

xHiryu

So PC players aren't getting the new Netcode or Kombat Pack 2....

Come on WB, me right now.
2bSLXa6.gif

SURGEdude

WB is the worst. The fucking worst. So glad few of their titles appeal to me. Sad to hear about this for people who got screwed buying it on PC.

Fmal

Banned
This is karmic justice for how obnoxious PC players were when the game first came out.

Are there any numbers for how many people still play this game on PC? All the people I know that still play it seriously play on PS4.

This is karmic justice for how obnoxious PC players were when the game first came out.

Are there any numbers for how many people still play this game on PC? All the people I know that still play it seriously play on PS4.
The only obnoxious thing I see are console warriors.

Nabs

Bull.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

What reason could MKX PC players possibly be obnoxious about? PC version was literally broken at launch.

Like... what the fuck dude?

Fmal

Banned
The only obnoxious thing I see are console warriors.

I'm not going to say it's the biggest reason why I stopped giving a shit about MKX after release, but going into every thread here on GAF, Reddit, and SA and having good discussion about the game get drowned out by PC players bitching about their mickey mouse version of the game being shitty was incredibly obnoxious.

Sucks to suck I guess. As much as people are going to want to lambast NRS here, they're still fixing the netcode and adding a shitload of serious content to the game almost a year after release. It sucks that the PC version continues to be shitty, but the vast majority of people who bought this game are going to be happy.

What reason could MKX PC players possibly be obnoxious about? PC version was literally broken at launch.

Like... what the fuck dude?

You're right man, I forgot the way to unfucker the Steam preload thing was to keep complaining about it in discussion threads, my bad.

I'm not going to say it's the biggest reason why I stopped giving a shit about MKX after release, but going into every thread here on GAF, Reddit, and SA and having good discussion about the game get drowned out by PC players bitching about their mickey mouse version of the game being shitty was incredibly obnoxious.

Sucks to suck I guess. As much as people are going to want to lambast NRS here, they're still fixing the netcode and adding a shitload of serious content to the game almost a year after release. It sucks that the PC version continues to be shitty, but the vast majority of people who bought this game are going to be happy.

And if the PS4 or Xbone version had been busted, would you tell them to fuck off and deal with it too?

Fmal

Banned
And if the PS4 or Xbone version had been busted, would you tell them to fuck off and deal with it too?

I don't know how I'd react, but I know I will never have to worry about it because I don't see NRS handing over development of their premier versions of their games to High Voltage lmao.

Lomax

You're right man, I forgot the way to unfucker the Steam preload thing was to keep complaining about it in discussion threads, my bad.

Wow, of all the pointlessly hateful posts I've ever read on GAF, I think this may be the worst.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The game was literally unplayable for the vast majority of people, and those who could play it were limited to a single level and a few fighters. The notion that the resulting complaints were "obnoxious" is ludicrous.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't know how I'd react, but I know I will never have to worry about it because I don't see NRS handing over development of their premier versions of their games to High Voltage lmao.

You are literally going "lol sucks to be you, my version is good, dont clutter my threads with stories about other versions being shit i dont care" and youre calling other people obnoxious.

Nice.

Fmal

Banned
The game was literally unplayable for the vast majority of people, and those who could play it were limited to a single level and a few fighters. The notion that the resulting complaints were "obnoxious" is ludicrous.

I never said the PC version wasn't completely broken at launch. I'm just saying that I've been part of communities that have had shitty launch experiences before (see all this queue stuff with Blade and Soul) but I've never seen threads get contaminated with crybabies as much as every place to talk about MKX did during launch.

Maxximo

I never said the PC version wasn't completely broken at launch. I'm just saying that I've been part of communities that have had shitty launch experiences before (see all this queue stuff with Blade and Soul) but I've never seen threads get contaminated with crybabies as much as every place to talk about MKX did during launch.

Sucks to be you I guess...right? :D

SURGEdude

Not sure I'd call people sharing their opinion's about a debatably broken product crybabies.

JaseC

Ah, so you agree, then, but "I got mine; I don't want to hear about yours."

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Look at all those people who haven't used the refund feature.

Kinda hard to refund something that is past 2 weeks and 2 hours played, yeah?

That said, I feel like Valve should throw WB game owners a bone and allow them to refund any WB game they want. Because, seriously: Fuck WB and their "support."

Steroyd

This post is funny because you called other people obnoxious.

Corpekata

Banned
The important thing isn't that the game was broken, but that Fmal's great discussions about Mortal Kombat on Reddit were not on the topic he wanted.

JaseC

I'd say there's valid reason for Valve to grant refunds now. A publisher abandoning a game is one the reasons why the refunds FAQ explicitly states that the two conditions are not exactly set in stone.

That said, I feel like Valve should throw WB game owners a bone and allow them to refund any WB game they want. Because, seriously: Fuck WB and their "support."
Maybe if there was a shit ton of refund requests for the same game they'd intervene, I dunno. Certainly will be harder to get refunds now but when they were first introduced people should have acted.

Fmal

Banned
I'd say there's valid reason for Valve to grant refunds now. A publisher abandoning a game is one the reasons why the refunds FAQ explicitly states that the two conditions are not exactly set in stone.

I agree they're abandoning it, but from WB's perspective they've provided an up to date version for almost a year, and they never promised a second Kombat Pack. I'll be genuinely surprised if any sort of refund plan goes through. It'd be nice if they gave people the option though.

JaseC

I agree they're abandoning it, but from WB's perspective they've provided an up to date version for almost a year, and they never promised a second Kombat Pack. I'll be genuinely surprised if any sort of refund plan goes through. It'd be nice if they gave people the option though.

The fact remains that the PC version is the only version no longer being supported, and fortunately the decision is entirely Valve's.

Does the PC version get all the updates and balance patches available?

Work was halted on a patch back in October. What PC players currently have is all they're going to get unless WB has a change of heart.

d3vnull

In every comment section where this is being discussed I read comments like (or far worse) than this.
Where does this hate come from? Is the "PC master race" community really that bad to deserve it?
And even if so, shouldn't console players be worried too instead of calling this bs karmic justice?

Adnor

Banned
"Nobody read my posts when the game came out so now I'm happy that paying customers are getting shitted by WB and NRS"

Sijil

Well that sucks, been a MK fan since the beginning on Sega, didn't buy MKX due to the bad port but was hopeful it was going to be fixed. Guess it's off my Steam wishlist barring a change of mind on WB part. Not going to bother with the console version either.

Roshin

I didn't buy the latest disappointments from WB (Batman AK and MKX) but I'm beginning to become more and more convinced to put all future games, across all systems under the banner of WB on my personal ignore list. Unfortunately I've already bought Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max months ago, I still need to play them but I'd rather refund them now if it were possible.

There's nothing wrong with either Shadow of Mordor or Mad Max, though.

There's nothing wrong with either Shadow of Mordor or Mad Max, though.

I'm aware of that, I remember gaf praising Mad Max for being a very good version of the game on PC, and I already have it so I'm probably going to play it, same with Mordor. But at the end of the day WB has my money and they seem to not beat around the bush with what they think of their support for their pc sector/business, so I'd feel better not buying anything from them at all. In an ideal world, devs like Avalanche and NetherRealm would find a better home than WB.

Fishook

If you want to play fighting games or sports you are better getting a console its what these games are meant to play on. It like when people get laptops and pre build pc's and then moaning when they can play there games.

You need a fairly hefty PC to play multi-format games due to the games often not being optimised properly, this is coming from a strictly only PC gamer, My 4 and half year rig run games fine, but needs a complete overall for my tastes due to it playing up, Just waiting for next gen graphics cards

Mohasus

If you want to play fighting games or sports you are better getting a console its what these games are meant to play on.

lol wut

I'll play SFV next month agaisnt PS4 players. What exactly would be different on PS4 other than the lower resolution and the paid online?

-MD-

This is just sad.

Zafir

Really sucks that they've decided to do this. It's a good job I got MKX really cheap on PC(had some discount I needed to use up and so got it for £10). It's just been a mess from the start.

This is just sad.

I wouldn't bother with him, he keeps going into threads bitching about people trying to "troll".

Well don't I feel like a dummy, I bought this on Steam during the Winter Sale as I was excited about having an Alien v Predator fight in Mortal Kombat. More fool me for keep buying Warner Brother games on PC.

Sounds like an absolute shitshow of mismanagement on WB Games' part. Between this, the Arkham Knight PC fiasco, and the similar nonsense pulled with MK9 PC and Injustice Wii U, WB Games seems to be striving to be a downright awful publisher.

KingBroly

Banned
Sounds like an absolute shitshow of mismanagement on WB Games' part. Between this, the Arkham Knight PC fiasco, and the similar nonsense pulled with MK9 PC and Injustice Wii U, WB Games seems to be striving to be a downright awful publisher.

Striving to be?

They are. And have been for quite a while.

Fishook

They should support it on all formats, but like all multiplayer focused games its no fun unless you dedicate hours to a game due to unlocks, or memorising combos.

Unless the game is a level playing field, you have be in from the start or put serious hours in to at a decent level, if you are prepared to do that the game dies due to player lack interest. That's why I dont play multi-player games anymore because I do have the time to level up and stuff.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
this..
I've got well over 250 hours in mkx..
not going to support NR anymore at this point :)
Same. But the reality is as much I'd love to tell them to go fuck themselves, I love the game too much. I'll buy a console in March just for the game.

Top Bottom