• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most visually impressive game

DOSS216

What game in your opinion is the most visually impressive whether in terms of how it looks stylistically or how impressive it is from a technical level. My personal opinion is Red Dead Redemption 2 though...

g1OuM0G.gif

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Red dead redemption 2 really hoping to get some next gen improvements on consoles

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Art style is nice, as is often the case with Vanillaware, but boy does it give me a low-res vibe.
I would say this screenshot even do justice hoe it looks in person, to me it drop dead gorgeous! Especially when you see in motion like background animation and character animation.

Horizon zero dawn on pc with a gpu that can hold 60+ at 4k (so only the 3080/3090 and new amd GPUs, presumably)

It's horribly optimized and uneven in spots but goddamned if it's not the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen at times. Takes my breath away. Obviously death stranding's pc port on the same/similar engine is far superior and that game could be considered more impressive technically (while still having great art). But if I want fantastical prehistoric cross robot future vibes in open world game, I don't think they could've done it any better

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Both these games have dark contrast and the glowing colors. On a 4K OLED in motion they are the most stunning games I've ever seen. Sometimes while playing I'm overwhelmed with how damn lucky we are to have these kind of experiences at home.

Doom Eternal:
2507465e209ade725da6.40543493-Baron-of-Hell-scaled.jpg

gameplay video

Darksiders 3:
Darksiders-III-13.jpg

teezzy

Banned
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare on Game Boy Color still kinda makes me take a step back. Considering the limitations of the platform, and viewing it on a smaller screen like the one on GBC... it becomes even more relevant to this discussion.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

I bit hard to say since i usually consider other factors when checking out a games visuals.
I guess i'll give the cake to RDR2. Game looks fantastic and has an absurd amount of details, all while being open world with dynamic weather and time of day.
Other contender would be Flight simulator 2020, but only if you take into consideration the scale of the game

But for a personal favorite, i'd go with No Man's Sky. Not only do i like space settings but the game also has pretty much an unlimited amount of landscapes of many different types. Its the only game where i actually spend time taking screenshots.

THEAP99

Banned
From the games I've played on my ps-4 pro and 4k monitor.

Red dead 2
Tlou2
Death Stranding
Horizon zero dawn
Spider-man

Last edited:
Top Bottom