• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift |OT|

EktorPR

Ranger X said:
Why don't you try deleting the trophies?

Wat? The trophies can't be deleted.

I just tried starting the game with my European Account and it did so perfectly. It's definitely that "locked save" shit, and I'm really, really screwed now. Will be calling Sony costumer service tomorrow. :(

Some more pictures.

3006882443_c2dd829722_o.jpg

3007718154_65226c4eed_o.jpg

3006882505_d37782f2a2_o.jpg

3006882531_3d01453748_o.jpg

3007718250_46e5c795b4_o.jpg

slider

My copy has posted. 3-5 days for delivery. Bummer.

Oh well, at least I'll get the t-shirt... actually, that's not much consolation at all. :(

Ranger X

EktorPR said:
Wat? The trophies can't be deleted.

I just tried starting the game with my European Account and it did so perfectly. It's definitely that "locked save" shit, and I'm really, really screwed now. Will be calling Sony costumer service tomorrow. :(

Have you tried pressing triangle button on the game?
I know it's 100% at least on a PS3 test kit. I'm gonna test it with a true retail console tonight.
You enter trophy and press triangle button on a game in the list. Then you will have a delete option.

BeeDog

slider said:
My copy has posted. 3-5 days for delivery. Bummer.

Oh well, at least I'll get the t-shirt... actually, that's not much consolation at all. :(

Damnit, Play still hasn't shipped my copy (still says Packaging). They freaking suck.

Dante

djtortilla said:
wife loves the game.

been playing a lot of 2 player screen.

one of the best and only split screen next gen racers

Tried to get my GF into it because she like wipeout HD, but she just couldn't grasp how open the track design is. It's funny because that's what I love most about it, well that and the lighting :)

Ploid 3.0

This is like my 3rd ticket race in Motorstorm 2. I got pretty close to getting first place in the video. I stinking screwed up and flipped over near the end. I tried to ram the car but I guess, because I was a buggy, I had no real weight advantage over the rally car. Finally the weight class feature is playing a bigger role this game. Last game it was if you boosted into the back of a stronger weight class you'd damage or destroy yourself, and they'd be able to run all over you (man handle).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmJbYpizwoM

I need to find out how to upload HQ videos to youtube. These uploads are looking bad and I had this vid at 640x480 before the upload.

Dante

Ploid 3.0 said:
This is like my 3rd ticket race in Motorstorm 2. I got pretty close to getting first place in the video. I stinking screwed up and flipped over near the end. I tried to ram the car but I guess, because I was a buggy, I had no real weight advantage over the rally car. Finally the weight class feature is playing a bigger role this game. Last game it was if you boosted into the back of a stronger weight class you'd damage or destroy yourself, and they'd be able to run all over you (man handle).

I need to find out how to upload HQ videos to youtube. These uploads are looking bad and I had this vid at 640x480 before the upload.

What are your general impressions so far?

Ploid 3.0

Dante said:
What are your general impressions so far?

The game is balls to the wall sick. Loving every second. I'm trying to capture the chaos in video. That was a test to see if I could make a quality capture for youtube (off screen video capture and not direct feed though).

Dante

Ploid 3.0 said:
The game is balls to the wall sick. Loving every second. I'm trying to capture the chaos in video. That was a test to see if I could make a quality capture for youtube (off screen video capture and not direct feed though).

Cool I'll have to pop it in next time I see you on so we can race. Damn this time of year, too many games.

BeeDog

Ploid 3.0 said:

Is the track in the video from the game soundtrack, or did you add the track yourself? In any case, do you know the name of it? :D

Ploid 3.0

BeeDog said:
Is the track in the video from the game soundtrack, or did you add the track yourself? In any case, do you know the name of it? :D

It's the game. I wouldn't dare add music to youtube videos lol. I don't know the name of it.

EktorPR

Glad everyone is enjoying it. :)

I'm like...really sad. Called Sony customer service today, and after being with the guy for about 30 mins. (and even restoring my unit to "Default Settings" :/), the only thing he could tell me was "oh well, your trophy set appears to be corrupted. Play it on another account."

Sony, Evolution, somebody: release a patch for this. :( It's ironic seeing that I was really super pumped for this...and now I can't play it because of a stupid locked save.

EktorPR said:
Glad everyone is enjoying it. :)

I'm like...really sad. Called Sony customer service today, and after being with the guy for about 30 mins. (and even restoring my unit to "Default Settings" :/), the only thing he could tell me was "oh well, your trophy set appears to be corrupted. Play it on another account."

Sony, Evolution, somebody: release a patch for this. :( It's ironic seeing that I was really super pumped for this...and now I can't play it because of a stupid locked save.
When you go to check your trophies, does it give you an error code? I had something similar happen, I might be able to help.

EktorPR

edible_candle said:
When you go to check your trophies, does it give you an error code? I had something similar happen, I might be able to help.

Nope, no error code. They display fine. :/

It all goes back to when I copied the save file for back-up purposes. When I booted the game after that some hours later, the notification came up ("The trophy set for this game has failed to initialize. You must exit the game now."). After a few reboots to both the console and the game itself in order to see if it began to work again properly, I went to the save file in question to delete it, in case that was the catalyst. When I pressed "triangle" on the file, it said "Lock: Copying Prohibited" and I remember saying out loud "I'm fucked!".

Why not state this "lock" situation in big, bold letters on the instruction booklet? This is the first game I've encountered that does this, and it fucking sucks. :(

Ploid 3.0

2exnhxk.jpg

Big Foot is no longer my hero. They are such jerks ; ;
15yxf1x.jpg

10icu1t.jpg

qpq9hv.jpg

mmdegk.jpg

Oh and I love the eliminator mode. Although it's still racing Gametrailers, it adds more to the tension and the whole rat race of stepping on someone's head to move up in the line. I can see this being a ball online. I haven't checked out online yet because I want to be familiar with the tracks.

calder

I finally quit whining and just ran some cat5 from the den to the living room so I could plug my PS3 in instead of using wireless and wouldn't you know it, my PSN problems just went right away. :p Fucking cheap ass router.

Online is crazy fun, although the racist/homophobic jackasses I kept racing against tonight had me pining for the days when no one had mics and online PS3 games were silent affairs. :p

Oh, I still do have a weird disconnection problem every now and then. Sometimes I will either drop or be dropped from a race without any warning, except the game still thinks I'm racing so I finish in first and then do an endless victory lap until I quit. Very very annoying, especially as it's happened twice when I was legitimately winning a race right close to the end. Then it seems to actually remove some of my level ranking, it's so odd.

imperium

I liked the 1st game and figured the sequel would be good but I wasn't expecting it to be quite this good. I really like the more open and varied track designs although this has led to the occasional crash because I wasn't sure where to go.

And as good as the game can look in pictures, you really have to play it to appreciate just how good the graphics are. There are of course some blurry textures, but you hardly notice them while racing. I did notice some very minor scenery pop in but it really only caught my eye because the game can look almost photo realistic at times which makes the pop in stand out a little more than usual.

I just had one race that left me shaking my head in amusement. I was on an ATV and was in the home stretch neck in neck with another vehicle. My turbo was almost maxed out so I smugly figured I'd blow myself up and catapult across the finish line. I did catapult myself but instead of crossing the finish line, I smacked right into the top of the metal structure and fell to the ground like a wet rag. I finished third.

With so many good games out now, I hope PR doesn't fall under the radar. It's just so much fun.

Forsete

This game is fuck awesome. Adrenaline to the max, especially when driving the roads for the first time not knowing whats behind the bend.

BatmanX

Strangely enough given your enthusiasm for the game, I was pretty cold after first impressions, yesterday. Technically has its high and low and the handling didn't gave me the fun factor the original motorstorm did.

Maybe I was expecting too much, I'm going to find if the online test will change my mind

Forsete

Mmm, loving it even more now. I'll give split screen a go tomorrow when my bro comes over to visit.

MSPR_fastson_1.jpg

MSPR_fastson_4.jpg

MSPR_fastson_5.jpg

MSPR_fastson_9.jpg

MSPR_fastson_10.jpg

Whoever said this didnt look better compared to the first? :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Forsete, this is the game MS1 should've been, in terms of content, right?

Ranger X

EktorPR said:
Nope, no error code. They display fine. :/

It all goes back to when I copied the save file for back-up purposes. When I booted the game after that some hours later, the notification came up ("The trophy set for this game has failed to initialize. You must exit the game now."). After a few reboots to both the console and the game itself in order to see if it began to work again properly, I went to the save file in question to delete it, in case that was the catalyst. When I pressed "triangle" on the file, it said "Lock: Copying Prohibited" and I remember saying out loud "I'm fucked!".

Why not state this "lock" situation in big, bold letters on the instruction booklet? This is the first game I've encountered that does this, and it fucking sucks. :(

Just saying, you were indeed right about the trophies. I thought it was possible to delete them but it seems it's just a feature that is on the test kits...

Forsete

Seiken said:
Forsete, this is the game MS1 should've been, in terms of content, right?

Yup. :) I've only played for about 2 hours in total but there is more to it than just racing. You have elimination, time trial etc. within the "tickets".

And you can finally choose "free ride", aka set up your own game with classes etc.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
People need to add me for some online excitement. Just got a headset and am ready to toss some mud around!

PSN ID: No Depth

GodofWine

Brandon F said:
People need to add me for some online excitement. Just got a headset and am ready to toss some mud around!

PSN ID: No Depth

Will add. (PSN : TheGodofWine)

However I lent MSPR to a friend who just got PS3..and he didn't bring it to work today..no MSPR this weekend for me....

G-Bus

Banned
Most fun I've had with a racing game in a loooong time. Online is intense! wish I had a mic so I could talk some shit.

Couple pictures I took.

MSPR_Player1_1.jpg

Atomspike

I'm getting my ass kicked in the last tickets , the AI can be ruthless sometimes , always pushing me into my demise.
the graphics and especially the lighting are out of this world and the Online is a blast , Motorstorm PR is hands down my favorite racing game ever.
add me if you're not afraid of being crushed.
PSN ID :ATOMSPIKE

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I want to bang someone, right now. Right this instant.

Ploid 3.0

Seiken said:
I want to bang someone, right now. Right this instant.

Yea that car looks too clean. It needs a lot of dents, chipped paint, meshed windows, less glass, and other things.

Yoshichan

chubigans said:
Why yes, I do have more pics. And they're ALL MINE! MuhahahHAHAAH!
Please man :/

Yoshichan

EAT IT CHUBI >:)

finally Sony gets what it takes to make good commercial :lol

now make one with 4 cute girls playing LBP and do something about R2's lack of female presence. (haven't played R2, judging that just from previews)

Ploid 3.0

Did another video. I don't see how you can upload HQ videos. Do I have to make the footage in HD (sanyo HD camera). I'm getting bad results, I really wish this game had a video replay saver and upload to youtube or hdd feature.

Edit: Found it out I think. "&fmt=18"

Click image to view the vid.

Top Bottom