• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies with beautiful cinematography

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsnepo

Bwakaw (couldn't find images without the watermark)

BWAKAW07-jpg_050115.jpg

BWAKAW02-jpg_050102.jpg

BWAKAW13-jpg_050132.jpg

NinjaBoiX

I still kick myself for missing its theatrical run. :( I would've loved to see it in 3D.
I watched it in 3D on my dads super fly TV. The intro was incredible. You could reach out and touch the snowflakes! Then when the camera whooses down into the station, it was utterly exhilarating.

Yeah, definitely Drive. That movie being so well shot really hit all the right buttons for me along with the soundtrack, the total quietness of it, ect.

I can't believe no one has said 2001: A Space Odyssey. That movie really impressed me from the first scenes.

Ionic

A friend and I started watching some classic Japanese films and the cinematography in some of them is incredible. Most of these shots are pretty low resolution, so they don't always do the scene justice.

Harakiri:
harakiri_550.jpg

harakiri%20(2).jpg

Seven Samurai: This one was especially beautiful. Almost every single shot is composed to show more than one person's face on screen.

654282-sevensamuraibowbaja.jpg

This is one of my favorite shots of the movie, but it's a bit of a spoiler for those who haven't seen the it.
Seven Samurai ending spoiler.

Ran:

kurosawaran1-620x.jpg

ran_6.png

There's a lot of great films I never knew about.

Edit: I guess somebody had the same idea while I was looking for these images. Seven Samurai is truly gorgeous.

Forsete

The first movie to come to my mind is The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford. Beautiful.

Time to watch it again. :>

inky

Some great choices guys. I can't find good pics, but to add to the period pieces, Spanish movie Alatriste comes to mind.

urYhSzu.jpg

xKpGLsP.jpg

5Ibkn1k.jpg

Some of my favourite

Roger Deakins:
Fargo
The Man Who Wasn't There
O Brother Where Art Thou?
True Grit
The Assassination of Jesse James....
The Hudsucker Proxy

Jeff Cronenweth: