• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr Aladdin Sir you've never met a movie like me aka best 90s Disney movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just recently picked this up on the BR, and yes after all of these years the movie still GOAT. Sorry Lion King fans, but Aladdin the best.

The story is interesting. The music is still top tier. Oh and Robin Williams still the best thing ever in a Disney animated flick.

Pure cinema masterpiece!

disney-aladdin-prequel-movie-genie.jpg

How do you feel about the Blu-ray quality? In some scenes, the background looks very blurry for some reason and it's bothering me.

Still my favorite Disney movie. And Jasmine is still the finest Disney princess. Yowza.

I'm probably the only one, but I really wish this got a stereoscopic 3D remaster a la The Lion King.

The Lion King + 3D looks sooooooo good, and I feel like Aladdin would work even better.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
Lion King, Beauty & The Beast, and Aladdin are the cream of the crop from the Disney Renaissance.

Honorable mention to Mulan, and Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
How do you feel about the Blu-ray quality? In some scenes, the background looks very blurry for some reason and it's bothering me.

Still my favorite Disney movie. And Jasmine is still the finest Disney princess. Yowza.

I was happy with it, but I'm not super picky.

The only real drawback is they tried to mix CGI with the hand drawn which looked amazing in 92. Now the CGI say in the Cave doesn't hold up so well.

impact

Banned
Aladdin, Lion King and The Incredibles are the GOAT animated kids movies

Beauty and the Beast even being mentioned :lol

AniHawk

Lion King, Beauty & The Beast, and Aladdin are the cream of the crop from the Disney Renaissance.

Honorable mention to Mulan, and Hunchback of Notre Dame.

hunchback has some great music and tony jay going for it. frollo basically carries the film and any scene he's in is fantastic. no other disney renaissance villain gets there like he does.

The only real drawback is they tried to mix CGI with the hand drawn which looked amazing in 92. Now the CGI say in the Cave doesn't hold up so well.

Wait really? I haven't watched this movie in quite a while, but I don't remember there being any noticeable CGI at all. (emphasis on noticeable; obviously I'd expect them to make use of computers)

Forkball

I would say Beauty and the Beast is probably the best. It teaches you an important lesson: no matter how you look, you can still find love. If you have a giant mansion.

I would say Beauty and the Beast is probably the best. It teaches you an important lesson: no matter how you look, you can still find love. If you have a giant mansion.

And once you do find love, you'll suddenly transform into a beautiful prince anyway!

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
hunchback has some great music and tony jay going for it. frollo basically carries the film and any scene he's in is fantastic. no other disney renaissance villain gets there like he does.

Hellfire is arguably the best Disney song.

The gargoyles kinda kill it for me though.

v1lla21

Word. Aladdin is definitely the best. As far as favorites go, in no specific order
Mulan
Aladdin
Lion King

I've never seen Beauty and the Beast

Yup, one of my favorite movies wver since i was a wee lad, and it's still great. Lion King is freat as well, its scope is just grand.

It's really hard to pick the best among the 90s Disney films (including Mermaid even though it's 89). It was hot fire straight up to Tarzan. The only real weak link I would say was Pocahontas which still has its moments. I could probably articulate five solid reasons for each of the other films being a favorite, although Hunchback would probably win for me. I'd say Beauty and the Beast is the best on a technical scale (in the same way I'd say Citizen Kane is the best movie ever even though it's not my favorite).

Aladdin is interesting because its influence carries so strongly into Hercules and Emperor's New Groove. It has a much stronger cartoony quality about it than something like Mermaid or Beauty, but still has a sentimentality about it that Hercules and especially Emperor's New Groove move further away from.

If you have the Aladdin blu do yourself a favor and watch the Robin Williams outtakes. They're all hilarious. There's supposed to be fifteen hours of unused Genie lines and I would watch every minute.

Zetta

Genie is my favorite Disney character so this has always been my favorite. I stay singing Prince Ali all the damn time, I mean come on he has 75 golden camels.

Bitanator

People in here shitting on Beauty and the Beast? It is in the top three of the 90s movies, I'd rank them Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast. Everybody is sleeping on The Rescuers Down Under, like the red headed stepchild of 90s Disney.

I always forget Mermaid isn't technically a "90s Disney film." The beginning of a legendary run of animated classics.

Hard to believe that's all gone now.

UraMallas

I just watched the BluRay this week, actually. It really does hold up and had me laughing the whole time. I watched Beauty and the Beast last week and it holds up as well. It's not as funny as Aladdin, though. I give the edge to Aladdin. Robin Williams killed in it. Gaston is a better bad guy than Jafar but Jafar's last act and demise is much better than Gaston's.

If I had to pick the absolute best movie in the Disney animated line, it would be Lion King. The movie as a whole is as close to perfect as Disney has ever gotten.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Aladdin's cool, but 101 Dalmations, Robin Hood, and The Great Mouse Detective area all superior. Maybe even Mulan. Oh and Tarzan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom