• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple cases of racist incidents reported after Brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A high skilled worker to me is anybody that contributes to the country is a positive way, that may be working on the bins or in a bank, makes no difference to me, highly skilled to me means competent at the job as far as I am concerned.

That's not a high skilled worker. A high skilled worker is someone with a... high level of skill and education.

I am not advocating xenophobia whatsoever, knowingly or unknowingly, if people are going to be xenophobic they are going to be, my opinion has no influence over them.

How is it text book discrimination? Do you actually hear yourself right now? Me wanting a better system that is more inclusive of every country, can provide more people opportunities and make sure that we are taking people into the country who wish to work and provide to the economy is text book discrimination?

This is the bigoted garbage you wrote:

This is what this is about in terms of immigration, a fair policy one that doesn't encourage free movement of people who don't even contribute to our economy or our culture and instead choose to segregate themselves and simply send money back home out of our economy without working a damn hour for it.

With a better system in place, we can have better skilled foreign workers and a better system that encourages multiculturalism without allowing a small minority of abusers to ruin it for everyone else.

You claim that people are not contributing to the economy because they are not highly skilled. Just because someone is of low skill doesn't mean they should be ostrictized or you should embrace xenophobic policy because a few individuals abuse the systems.

You've been told time and time again in this thread that immigrants are boon. It's discriminatory to pass legislation that disparge everyone over the actions of a few. It's literally discrimination via generalization. text book discrimination.

You tout this nonsense about a fair immigration law, thinking you can vet anyone who come inside the country to suit your xenophobic standards. Instead of just accepting that abusing social security has nothing to do with being immigrants, while ignoring all the locals who abuse the systems, to, you latch right for the fucking juggalers of those few bad apples who are unavoidable.

I have not blamed the immigrants for anything, yet again people putting words in my mouth like many others have, I have said numerous times in this thread that immigrants are good for the economy, that this country depends on them to thrive and they are most certainly not at fault for this our problems, you can blame that on the conservatives and their Austerity which has never and will never work.

BUT that does not mean our immigration system is hugely flawed and trying to argue against that issue with "You're a racist, you're a xenophobe" and aiming it at everyone is childish and shows a lack of rational or critical thought when people do so.

We would never solve these issues from within the EU as I have shown earlier in this thread, this isn't an argument we will ever win remaining if it was then it would have already been done.

You're saying empty words that doesn't mean anything. You don't even seem to understand that the EU or its immigration policy is not the cause of this fearcampaign of which you speak of. And the solution you claim to be a fairer immigration policy by citing countries like Pakistan to give creedence to the idea that britain should have a stronger immigration policy is absurd.
You talk two games, and you defend yourself but you don't clear yourself other than just repeating your not a racist. You're the one who accuse people who don't fall into your categorization of "high skilled workers" as being non contributing to the economy. Instead of improving the social security and benefit laws, you go for draconian isolationism policies. It's not fair. And your arguments for the justification over this due to what you cited as a small minority is a bad look for everyone to be hurt by this.

It's the right thing to do not discriminate against who comes to your country, as long as they are not a threat in any way. To scout for high skilled workers who are only allowed to come to your country because you cannot look at them as human being but just a ends to a means is cruel, and shows an inability to look at them as human beings. As I said before, in most countries immigrants improve the economy and do the jobs the advantageous locals don't want to do. The problems that exist with the immigrants can be fixed within the countries laws, not by isolation or blaming the EU which has nothing to do with it.
Either you arbitarially want to discriminate against the free movement of people depending on their skill level or you won't. There is no room for interpretation here. And you've clearly said that these "Non contributing" immigrants just send money back home. That its a small minority, you've explained is no cause not to punish all immigrants on the alter of your fearmongering. Tell me how that is not offensive or bigoted xenophobia?

bidguy

Banned
honestly if i were a foreigner who was subjected to this blatant racism and had the opportunity+means to leave the country i would without even thinking about it

sure social media is making it bigger than it is but i cant help but feel like racism is far bigger than it was a few years back. i also feel like its gonna get far worse before it gets any better

I read an article on the BBC a few years ago which suggested that the proportion of migrants who come into this country and claim benefits was almost exactly on par with the proportion of native Britons who do the same, and I seem to recall it was about 1.5-2%. Wish I could find the article but I didn't make a note of it and I've never found it since. I showed it to my mum to try and dispel this sort of shit that immigrants come to this country, are instantly given housing and benefits and send some of that money home, but I don't think it worked.

It worked with my mom, she changed her vote from Leave to Remain after showing her the statistics.

PopeReal

It's getting worse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36634786

_90124443_racism4.jpg

What kind of fucking idiot do you have to be make things like that? Jesus.

That's not a high skilled worker. A high skilled worker is someone with a... high level of skill and education.

This is the bigoted garbage you wrote:

"This is what this is about in terms of immigration, a fair policy one that doesn't encourage free movement of people who don't even contribute to our economy or our culture and instead choose to segregate themselves and simply send money back home out of our economy without working a damn hour for it.

With a better system in place, we can have better skilled foreign workers and a better system that encourages multiculturalism without allowing a small minority of abusers to ruin it for everyone else."

You claim that people are not contributing to the economy because they are not highly skilled. Just because someone is of low skill doesn't mean they should be ostrictized or you should embrace xenophobic policy because a few individuals abuse the systems.

You've been told time and time again in this thread that immigrants are boon. It's discriminatory to pass legislation that disparge everyone over the actions of a few. It's literally discrimination via generalization. text book discrimination.

You tout this nonsense about a fair immigration law, thinking you can vet anyone who come inside the country to suit your xenophobic standards. Instead of just accepting that abusing social security has nothing to do with being immigrants, while ignoring all the locals who abuse the systems, to, you latch right for the fucking juggalers of those few bad apples who are unavoidable.

You're saying empty words that doesn't mean anything. You don't even seem to understand that the EU or its immigration policy is not the cause of this fearcampaign of which you speak of. And the solution you claim to be a fairer immigration policy by citing countries like Pakistan to give creedence to the idea that britain should have a stronger immigration policy is absurd.
You talk two games, and you defend yourself but you don't clear yourself other than just repeating your not a racist. You're the one who accuse people who don't fall into your categorization of "high skilled workers" as being non contributing to the economy. Instead of improving the social security and benefit laws, you go for draconian isolationism policies. It's not fair. And your arguments for the justification over this due to what you cited as a small minority is a bad look for everyone to be hurt by this.

It's the right thing to do not discriminate against who comes to your country, as long as they are not a threat in any way. To scout for high skilled workers who are only allowed to come to your country because you cannot look at them as human being but just a ends to a means is cruel, and shows an inability to look at them as human beings. As I said before, in most countries immigrants improve the economy and do the jobs the advantageous locals don't want to do. The problems that exist with the immigrants can be fixed within the countries laws, not by isolation or blaming the EU which has nothing to do with it.
Either you arbitarially want to discriminate against the free movement of people depending on their skill level or you won't. There is no room for interpretation here. And you've clearly said that these "Non contributing" immigrants just send money back home. That its a small minority, you've explained is no cause not to punish all immigrants on the alter of your fearmongering. Tell me how that is not offensive or bigoted xenophobia?

It's ironic that Phil0sophy hates generalisations that he/she might be called a racist for voting Leave but is happy to use the generalisation that because a few immigrants are on benefits not working, he/she is happy to enforce stricter ("fairer" as he/she calls it) immigration rules on everyone.

I love that Phil0sophy believes voting Leave would have stopped free movement, when it can't if you want the single market and has been debunked by Leave campaigners. He/she says that he/she isn't influenced by politicians, but he/she ate that lie right up! XD

Apathy

I read an article on the BBC a few years ago which suggested that the proportion of migrants who come into this country and claim benefits was almost exactly on par with the proportion of native Britons who do the same, and I seem to recall it was about 1.5-2%. Wish I could find the article but I didn't make a note of it and I've never found it since. I showed it to my mum to try and dispel this sort of shit that immigrants come to this country, are instantly given housing and benefits and send some of that money home, but I don't think it worked.

This is always the case when it comes to immigrants. Immigrants come to a new country to get a better life for themselves and their families not because they want to leech of the system. Sure there are always bad apples that do but the vast majority are hard working people that don't want any trouble. Because they are the"other", they always get targeted as the scapegoats for racists and demagogues.

Blader

Guys please don't judge the English by these idiots.

Social media if anything has made it easier for Idiots to be Loud Idiots. There are 67+ million people in this country. Half voted remain and half voted leave. I don't think half my country are racists. I think there are a vocal minority who are using this result as vindication for their views.

The only thing that needs to be done now is for the the police to clamp down on this asap. People are afraid and they shouldn't have to be.

It'd be pretty preposterous that literally half the country is racist or xenophobic. But, polls the day after voting showed that immigration and multiculturalism were far and away the top issues driving Leave voters.

I get that there are non-racist, non-xenophobic, non-anti-immigrant reasons for voting Leave; I'm betting/hoping that those bigotry-free reasons were what compelled Leave GAFers to vote the way they did. But I think it's also disingenuous to claim that the racist/xenophobic segment of the Leave electorate is just a vocal minority. By all accounts so far, it seems to be the biggest issue for the majority of Leave voters.

My experience living in England is that most everyone young is fine (except for those that aren't) and some older people are racist shitbags (except for those that aren't).

I am not surprised at all by any of this.

Do you not see that what you have just said is incredibly racist? Everybody is capable of being racist and racism towards any race is disgusting.
Sure, but this has nothing to do with what you're quoting, unless you get mad when white people in particular are accurately portrayed as having racists among them.

AJLma

I'm fully expecting this racism to bleed over and amplify racism in the USA.

Probably a bunch of other places too.

I voted remain but I feel I need to comment here; what is it it you are suggesting leave voters should have done? Are you suggesting that they should have voted against what they believed best for their families and the country so as not to embolden the scum of the country? I'm as sad as anyone about the result but implying people should have voted against their beliefs incase an undesirable person agreed with them seems to defy the whole point of a democracy?

Same thing I expect republican voters to do. Vite however you want but if you are supporting an openly racist xenophobic side dont act like a victim when that's what you're called. If you're voting with your heart and all that bullshit does not bug you in the slightest then you'll live.

Same thing I expect republican voters to do. Vite however you want but if you are supporting an openly racist xenophobic side dont act like a victim when that's what you're called. If you're voting with your heart and all that bullshit does not bug you in the slightest then you'll live.

I think your missing the point, no one was voting for a side or a new leader etc, this was not an election, they were voting on a simple yes/no question.

PhilOsophy, you keep repeating the same nonsense sthick while making this about you. You talk about multiculturalism and wanting a better immigration system but you have been completely incapable thus far of explaining to anyone what a better immigration system looks like.

Furthermore, I think your problematic thinking can be summed up into what you wrote her;

Unless you are suggesting every single individual immigrant that comes to the United Kingdom does in good faith with absolutely no intention of abusing the system?

Surely you aren't saying that are you? It would be absurd, that's like saying no UK born citizen abuses the system.

Your entire philsophy is that everyone should be punished over the acts of a few. It's completely irrelevent asking me if I think or don't think even a single individual immigrant that comes to UK has no intention of abusing the system. Your entire ideological imperative is that you support discriminatory generalized legislation because the actions of a few. It's deeply concerning that you are unable to see (as Messofanego also pointed out) how generalizing you are.

You think this is about you voting leave, but it's not. But like Trump supporters or NRA members, you don't get to sit there and say that you're part of the movement for other reasons, and you are off the hook of everything they do. I'm calling you out on your Trump-like repeats. You keep saying better immigration system. more fair. multicultarlism. Something something pakistan india immigration system. Like any of that shit fucking means anything.

You cannot explain to anyone here in detail why EU immigration laws cause immigrants to abuse the system, because there is no empierical incentive to think that. It's a bullshit conservative myth. Like they take the jobs. Or bring crime or are rapist. Your warped version is that some of them of them abuse the system and "doesn't contribute", and now you're backpedalling on others like myself as to, if even a tiny fraction of a large group of people do something, anti-legislation must be placed that punishes everyone, while completely ignoring the abuse of the public systems of the local british. In other words; bigoted, discriminatory scapegoating.

You got nothing besides your xenophobic beliefs.

With regards to your skilled worker semantic - I said HIGH SKILLED WORKER. High skilled workers are top of their fields and studies. That is why they are called high skilled workers. You brought up that, so don't waddle back to bringing up a definition of regular skilled workers, a very different thing. A skilled worker is anyone with a trade, a high skilled worker is a top performer in a prestigious field or education.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The most hated minority are whites. Poles.

Given no brown people in the area to demonize, white people discriminate between the right type of "white." If anything, the Brexit has made it abundantly clear that this practice is still thriving.

Jonnax

Moved into a small town in Berkshire half a year ago. Haven't experienced racism yet after the vote.

But I've had kids shout racist stuff at me quite a few times and people shouting stuff at me from their cars before.

So I'm pretty much constantly on edge when I'm not at either home or work.

UrbanRats

It actually means "Make England white again".
Although muslims seem to be the main target, it seems like Greeks, Spanish, Eastern Euro etc are catching shit too.
It seems like some of these cunts were penting up the xenophobia for a long time, and couldnt wait to just fire off at any target.

Anyway, democracy was clearly a mistake.

Moved into a small town in Berkshire half a year ago. Haven't experienced racism yet after the vote.

But I've had kids shout racist stuff at me quite a few times and people shouting stuff at me from their cars before.

So I'm pretty much constantly on edge when I'm not at either home or work.

These kinds of incidents I typically associate with the rural south in the US, not jolly proper England.

Zakalwe

Banned
First of all, after reading your completely patronizing and sanctimonious rant, let's break things down here, Let's start with looking at the definition of "High Skilled worker" shall we?

"A skilled worker is any worker who has special skill, training, knowledge, and (usually acquired) ability in their work. A skilled worker may have attended a college, university or technical school. Or, a skilled worker may have learned their skills on the job."

Pay attention to the last part "May have learned their skills on the job" which means it could apply to anybody, as long as they are competent at their job I have no issue whatsoever, as a country are we not entitled to have an efficient work force?

Also none of what I wrote was bigoted, you really need to look up the definition of words before you throw them at people because it really doesn't help your argument at all, what I wrote however is a reality, check your facts, I said a small minority of individuals didn't I?

Unless you are suggesting every single individual immigrant that comes to the United Kingdom does in good faith with absolutely no intention of abusing the system?

Surely you aren't saying that are you? It would be absurd, that's like saying no UK born citizen abuses the system.

The next part of your rant let's me know you haven't read a word of what I have said previous to this post or after and are simply coming at me with an agenda but let me entertain you for a moment since you obviously crave it.

Since I have already explained the definition of High Skilled worker to you I won't even bother to respond to that part but the next part I will, first of all, I HAVE said time time and time again in this thread that immigrants are a boon I have also said that multiculturalism is important for this country as is diversity, I fail to see how a better immigration system is going to harm this? It will only improve it because the small minority of abusers of the system will not be allowed in the country, therefore making the country and economy more productive and also having a better immigration system will allow immigration from countries outside of the EU to be easier therefore increasing diversity and multiculturalism, what part of that is difficult to understand?

Are you saying that there is no room for improvement in our immigration system? There is nothing xenophobic about wanting a better immigration system, stop watching UKIP morons on the news telling all the immigrants to go home and start paying attention to real issues, not everyone that wants a better immigration system means they don't want immigrants.

Again, it is not discrimination to want a better immigration system one that increases diversity, provides more security and is better for the economy, you just believe it's discrimination because it doesn't align with your beliefs.

My xenophobic beliefs? LOL, get a fucking grip, holy shit, I am a descendant of immigrants I am stating facts when I say the following, immigrants abuse the system, UK citizens abuse the system, yes it's a small minority but it happens, f you are telling me otherwise you are full of shit quite frankly, also again if you have read anything that I have written in this thread you will also see me talking about locals that abuse the system, don't try and pretend my sole focus is in immigrants when it clearly isn't.

We are talking about the referendum hence why the focus of these conversations in particular have been on immigration, this is the problem in here, it's not a logical discussion it is a witch hunt against anybody who didn't vote remain, throwing your fucking toys out of the pram like a big baby because you didn't get your way and now throwing words like racist and xenophobe around, do you not see the hypocrisy? You claim to hate people who judge others and yet you are doing the same.

I sincerely don't know why I am even wasting my time responding to you quite frankly because you aren't wanting to have a logical debate you are actually just wanting to throw accusations towards me because you don't agree with my decision on the EU, one of which I have outlined multiple factual reasons for leaving in this thread alone which you have chosen to ignore or downplay to fit your narrative.

So ok, if you want to think I am a xenophobe or a racist go ahead, think it, it's your choice if you wish to remain small-minded and have hate in your heart, I know my vote wasn't based on a hatred of immigrants, it was based on me wanting this country to have control of it's own destiny, to be able to have a better economy in the long run (hopefully) a better way of life for UK citizens and for immigrants that come to live here, I want us to be a nation where you can achieve anything you want with hard work and determination, since you seem to find that an issue or disagree with me then I think it's pointless to continue the discussion, I am not going to continue wasting my time repeating myself.

Your definition of high skilled worker is wrong, and Walrus is right in calling you out for your generalizing xenophobic comments.

Please keep your promise.

Baybars

Banned
Some non-white people voted to remove the Eastern Europeans out of a deluded idea that this would me more immigration from the commonwealth and/or more jobs for them.

They think the racists gives a damn about their colour. To the racist they are all shit and need to get out of the country

hohoXD123

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/27/sadiq-khan-muslim-council-britain-warning-of-post-brexit-racism

Police believe there has been an increase in hate crimes and community tensions since last week’s referendum. Initial figures show an increase of 57% in reported incidents between Thursday and Sunday compared with the same days four weeks earlier, the National Police Chiefs’ Council said – 85 incidents were reported compared with 54 during the earlier period.

“It’s no coincidence this has come off the back of the EU vote,” said a police source.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/27/sadiq-khan-muslim-council-britain-warning-of-post-brexit-racism

Police believe there has been an increase in hate crimes and community tensions since last week’s referendum. Initial figures show an increase of 57% in reported incidents between Thursday and Sunday compared with the same days four weeks earlier, the National Police Chiefs’ Council said – 85 incidents were reported compared with 54 during the earlier period.

“It’s no coincidence this has come off the back of the EU vote,” said a police source.

That should settle the debate that this is definitely spurred on by Brexit rather than being the normal amount of hate crimes.

Susanna Reid on Good Morning Britain just said there's no proof any of these attacks had anything to do with the Brexit vote. Until there's proof, people shouldn't blame leave voters. Leave voters are not racist.

I cannot even believe she had the balls to say that shite.

Piers fucking Morgan sitting beside her the only one talking sense in the subject.

That should settle the debate that this is definitely spurred on by Brexit rather than being the normal amount of hate crimes.

Brexit has given a small minority of pre-existing sponge brains the courage to act because they somehow think it validates their views. These fuckwits have always been around except they've kept their views in the pub before Brexit.

DaveMG

Banned

IMO nobody can argue that the increase isnt down to voting leave but you're looking at an increase of 31 (reported) crimes. That is less than 0.0002% of leave voters and even with the unreported cases of verbal abuse its still a tiny percentage.

Jackpot

Banned
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ice-england-wales-eu-referendum-a7126706.html

Hate crimes surge by 42% in England and Wales since Brexit result

There were 289 incidents on 25 June alone - the day after the result was announced

Police have said the number of hate crimes recorded for the last two weeks in June has spiked by 42 per cent on this time last year.

A total of 3,076 incidents were recorded across the country between 16 and 30 June – a dramatic increase on the 915 reports recorded over the same period in 2015.

The biggest number of recorded incidents came on 25 June – the day after the result of the EU referendum – when there were 289 hate crime related incidents.

Similar figures released by Scotland Yard show there were 599 incidents of race hate crime reported between 24 June and 2 July – an average of three an hour.

It comes as a Polish family from Plymouth told the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme they fear for their safety after they were threatened and had their shed set alight on Wednesday evening.

Adam and Gabriella Abrahamovic said they received a note saying "go back to your f*** country next time it will be your family" as their shed burnt.

Facism

forgot my gym ID today, so had to give the guy in reception my full name so he could look me up and let me through. As soon as i give it, older women standing in front of me immediately jerks her head my way and gives me mad stink-face.
Then there's the old guy in the actual gym who wears an INGURLAND hat, that constantly stares at all me and all the other foreign-looking dudes.

What a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom