• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im 32 now, Played FF7 way back in 1997....

Still to this day the greatest gaming experience iv'e had, My gaming time now isnt like it was way back in 1997, Barely anytime at all to play.

But i would play the living shit out of a proper remake for FF7!

Same age. FFVI is still the best for me but didn't stop me from playin the FFVII demo included with Tobal #1 500 times just to see the Leviathan summon

But still one of the top RPGs ever

Good luck Mr. Cloud Strife :D

No you're not
tumblr_mpdfhpFIlI1sxldazo1_500.gif

Moofers

This is fascinating to watch develop today. I'm in hype overdrive. My body seriously isn't ready for an E3 where we potentially have FFVII remake, Shenmue, and Last Guardian all at once. Fucking crazy.

Gotta remind myself that it's probably going to be CallaDuty, Morpheus, and Powers.

Wazzy

Banned
It'd be really great if they went with the Kingdom Hearts style characters and artstyle, over AC. I feel like they're just cartoony enough to still keep the light hearted moments working, while also being a huge step up graphically. But what the hell, I'll take either.

Thisssss x100

I just can't see AC style working with VII's tone. Not only that but the original style is the best looking and what everyone fell in love with.

akileese

Since many sources are now reporting it there has to be some truth behind it.

Not really. It could all be coming from one bullshit source with the rest of them rehashing it. Never underestimate the desire to get scoops on the busiest traffic traffic week of the year for gaming sites.

Not really. It could all be coming from one bullshit source with the rest of them rehashing it. Never underestimate the desire to get scoops on the busiest traffic traffic week of the year for gaming sites.

This is truth. I want to believe but I'm still in the no column.

HeelPower

I nominate LEVEL 5 as a suspect dev ,if outsourcing rumors are true.

They're probably the only ones that have the talent(and a good past relationship with SE) for this kind of project.

They also have decent managers and actually ship games.

Mr. RPG

I nominate LEVEL 5 as a suspect dev ,if outsourcing rumors are true.

They're probably the only ones that have the talent(and a good past relationship with SE) for this kind of project.

They also have decent managers and actually ship games.

One of the sources say it is CyberConnect2.

For the last time, it won't be Level-5.

It'd be really great if they went with the Kingdom Hearts style characters and artstyle, over AC. I feel like they're just cartoony enough to still keep the light hearted moments working, while also being a huge step up graphically. But what the hell, I'll take either.

As much as like the KH Cloud design (better than his original imo), I doubt SE would opt for that...

Maybe if Nomura has more freedom on the designs, he can come up with stuff like that for the rest of the cast, but I doubt it.

fernoca

Would be cool, but I still wonder the development process around it.

-They struggled with FFXIII and even made it a trilogy to recoup more more money.
-They struggled with FFXIV, to the point that they had to re-work and re-release the game.
-They struggled with (now) FFXV, which basically was in limbo and changed the entire staff, just to start making the game.

Now, maybe is because Square is not working directly on it and Sony probably funded it, that development of a remake went smoothly and is ready to be announced. Who knows.

Vena

If you put the dots together, it means that Sony knows that they have nothing to be scared of because they know that they have the nukes ready to be dropped.
OMG BELIEVE!

Nintendo in the wings with an announcement of The Lasterest Guardian 2.

If Last Guardian and FFVIIre both get announced at this Sony conference, does the space-time continuum open up?

As a physicist... I have no idea what that means.

People will stop asking for it definitely, but people won't stop complaining, people will never stop complaining.

Some people want a hundred million dollar budgeted blockbuster of a game. Some people want the same quality of content as something like The Last of Us but eighty hours long. Some people also want exactly the same dated battle system but with upgraded graphics. Some people want 4K prerendered backgrounds. None of that's gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom