• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amused

Why does it have to be a 2 hour conference. First 35 are going to be amazing. Next hour will be terrible. Then all the great stuff in the last 25.

komorebi

Holding-Hands-GIF.gif

You and me at 8:59pm EST

R-User!

I suspect the innate need for universal balance will result in at least a massive earthquake (more likely a massive meteor strike or global war, something on that order). We few survivors crawl out of our bomb shelters, dust of our PS4s, and then (cue twilight zone music and camera zoom), realize that PSN is down... Forever.

Time Enough At Last: but the joke will be on us, because the world will end before the remake can be developed!!!

THAT'S the twist!

wmlk

So? He also directed and designed KH lol

Yeah, but that's a Kingdom Hearts game. It's Disney-fied and things aren't directly connected to FFVII.

Advent Children and all Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Dissidia, etc. are more accurate representations of FFVII since it's based on the original work.

SkylineRKR

Turn based is done for.

If FFVII gets a full on remake, I'm willing to bet that they're going to drop the original static combat completely.

Thats why I always place question marks here. People are asking for a remake for ages now. But WHAT do you exactly expect from it? 1997 gameplay with 2017 graphics? I honestly don't think this will add up.

It won't be like the old game at all. I think Square would want to make Advent Children combat some sort of a reality (which they're kinda doing with FFXV).

Mr. RPG

Nomura directed Advent Children, so I don't have faith in him with regards to the direction.

I don't know who to trust on the staff lol. That's why I'm so afraid of whatever this is going to be.

Kitase directed VII. Trust him?

Turn based is done for.

If FFVII gets a full on remake, I'm willing to bet that they're going to drop the original static combat completely.

Thats why I always place question marks here. People are asking for a remake for ages now. But WHAT do you exactly expect from it? 1997 gameplay with 2017 graphics? I honestly don't think this will add up.

It won't be like the old game at all. I think Square would want to make Advent Children combat some sort of a reality (which they're kinda doing with FFXV).

If they make this game in to an Action RPG it's going to be hilarious. :)

tensuke

Also would they announce this tonight? Or at the SE conf? If it's PS4 exclusive I could see tonight but seems like SE would do it at their conf just because SE.

Windforce

If the costs were too high to develop on PS4, Sony should pay for a Vita port. Final Fantasy VII:
Vita means Life Edition, only version where Aeris could be ressed.

the reason they keep porting the original game is because they hope fans will replay it, realize its not that great and stop bugging them to remake it.

hating on ffvii is so 2008. There's nothing wrong with it in the slightest. I went back and played it after years of internet bashing expecting a few laughs and what I got was the most epic final fantasy of them all. It's the perfect extension of the mechanics from FFVI brought into 3d. Only problem I have with it is the poor translation and the dated graphics. Other than that it's a classic.

chrono01

If the costs were too high to develop on PS4, Sony should pay for a Vita port. Final Fantasy VII:
Vita means Life Edition, only version where Aeris could be ressed.
Actually, I would be okay with a Vita rermake, preferably bundled with a nice LE Vita to go along with it. But the idea of a full-fledged PS4 remake is too exciting to ignore. Granted, given the supposed development time, I can't see it being as in-depth a remake as many assume, but the fact that it's [apparently] being made at all makes me happy.

I seriously cannot wait for Sony's press conference. I must prepare my body/mind.

Taruranto

Personally I don't care much for a FFVII, but I want it so people will shut up about it and realize it was a bad idea once SE ruins it with AC style and all the FFVII compilation garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom