• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple people shot at Wisconsin Sikh temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombadil

Banned
I thought someone just posted the suspect description. Maybe I was wrong.

No, you're not wrong. But the description, the veracity of which has yet to be ascertained, posted by Halogamer, says:

"According to recent information broadcast over police radio, a witness to the shooting told law enforcement the shooter was a white male, with a heavy build, bald head and wearing a sleeveless T-shirt. He was last seen with two handguns."

White, bald guy.

methodman

Banned
I had no clue until I saw this thread honestly.
I'm Hindu, but my cousins follow Sikhism, this hits really hard and close to home regardless of why it happened or who did it. I go to temple once every month or so, and it's such a calm place. fuck

Volimar

Probably because a lot of people don't know what sikhism is.

It just struck me as funny. I wonder how many wtf is sikh? tweets they got before they added it.

[Update 1:22 p.m.] Two men have been admitted to Froedtert hospital, a hospital spokeswoman said. One is in critical condition in the surgical intensive care unit; the other has been sent to an operating room.

I hope they find him before he does any more.

jehuty

I live in Milwaukee county (city of Milwaukee) so this is all they are talking about. Our city newspaper along with most news stations here are reporting about 4 dead along with tons of people wounded and a hostage situation.

This is a quote from most of the new stations around Milwaukee "Suspect is still at large, white male, large build, white sleeveless tshirt last seen with 2 guns."

Riggs

Banned
I'm Hindu, but my cousins follow Sikhism, this hits really hard and close to home regardless of why it happened or who did it. I go to temple once every month or so, and it's such a calm place. fuck
Makes it even worse that it was at a temple :(

Dear Racists Nitwits:

Sikh's are NOT Muslims. Yes, I know the brown skin can confuse your tiny brains, but they're not alike in any way other than perhaps that their skin tones might be similar. So if you're going to shoot someone because they're not white, you might want to try harder being a bigot, But if you're going to half-ass it like this, you might just want to stay at home and shoot yourself instead because damn.....seriously....Sikhs? What the fuck they ever do to anyone?

Awful, awful... I have no words. I hope they catch the scumbag who did this. For me, this is just as disturbing as any other shooting. People getting killed while in the act of worship is a despicable act.

Davedough

Fuck man.... Sikhs?? Why? Every single Sikh person I've ever met in my life has been a gentle and kind individual. So is this a case of some fucking redneck saw a "towel" and thought it was a muslim terrorist hang out? Horrible news.

Ramirez

You sure, they are still saying "One suspect" and he is at large.

edit: they updated it to gunmen based on what another station is saying.

Yea, they said shooters were still inside multiple times.

Ok, now the guy said at least one, maybe more inside.

Bombadil

Banned
Dear Racists Nitwits:

Sikh's are NOT Muslims. Yes, I know the brown skin can confuse your tiny brains, but they're not alike in any way other than perhaps that their skin tones might be similar. So if you're going to shoot someone because they're not white, you might want to try harder being a bigot, But if you're going to half-ass it like this, you might just want to stay at home and shoot yourself instead because damn.....seriously....Sikhs? What the fuck they ever do to anyone?

Do you believe a racist cares enough to distinguish between a Muslim and a Sikh? If he did, he'd be well on his way to not being a racist.

I remember even here in Canada, Sikh and Hindu temples were vandalized after 9/11. I do not know how people can be so ignorant.

itxaka

Defeatist
My point is how can they shoot and kill the person "believed to be a killer"? They're not going to try to catch him and take him to court or at least thoroughly verify that he was the shooter?

I guess that if the guy(s) are still armed and there are civilians close...you shot them instead of risking more peoples lives.

kirblar

My point is how can they shoot and kill the person "believed to be a killer"? They're not going to try to catch him and take him to court or at least thoroughly verify that he was the shooter?
Because they're protecting people's lives. If you're threatening the lives of others, you've essentially forfeited the right to yours.

Chakan

Yeah just saw this on CNN.

Apparently about 100 people were inside on the moment the shooting started. Suspect still at large, maybe still inside the sikh temple. And now the CNN host said "multiple shooters", at least 2 gunmen.

Crazy stuff, eh? One massacre per month now. My condolences to the relatives of the victims. May God bless you in this moment of pain.

Steelrain

I have no idea what is hard to understand about why the gunman would be shot. Maybe you can explain to me what you think should have happened.

Zzoram

I guess that if the guy(s) are still armed and there are civilians close...you shot them instead of risking more peoples lives.

What if the armed person was a card carrying NRA member with a permit to conceal trying to stop the shooter? How would SWAT be able to tell it's the shooter or a citizen trying to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom