• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple SNES Amazon.UK orders dropped to only one order

GlamFM

Banned
I mean.... this is good to fight Scalpers, but it really sucks for people who ordered for their friends/family.

The pre-order window was so brief that I bet a lot of people actually did that because not everybody could be in front of a computer at the time.

One per person is happily how it should be and I am absolutely glad Amazon cut those orders down. Also, for the UK folks that are upset at us Americans for pre-ordering from Amazon UK, I totally get it. The real asshole is Nintendo and their choice to only create a limited supply full well knowing how many people want one. Not only that, but NoA is just horrible overall.

Regardless, I hope Amazon keeps our orders, as I don't plan on cancelling mine.

angelic

Banned
Good. You don't need more than 1.

yes, because everyone should have been online with access to their argos account at 9.30am - 11am last week. I await the police visit over my outrageous order of one for me, one for my mother.

I never said that it was on Amazon, and to reiterate, as I said in my prior post I am wholly for limiting all limited products to 1 purchase per account. I myself would like to buy a second one for a friend in that very situation, and yet I understand that this is the best way to handle things.

My point is that, regardless, "too bad, whatever, go somewhere else" is still a condescending and dismissive response, at least in the way you've presented it twice now. You sailed right over empathy and straight to "don't give a shit, go somewhere else" which, 1) no shit, and 2) might not even be possible to begin with for the same reason locking down an Amazon pre-order wasn't. It isn't exactly a helpful or constructive responsive.

I think you're misinterpreting. I'm not being dismissive; I'm simply being a realist. Like I said, it's shit that there aren't enough units, and anybody who wants one and cannot get one (regardless of their circumstances) has a right to be upset. But if that happens, they should be upset with Nintendo. Amazon can't be blamed for this decision, and the original post I quoted was arguing otherwise.

With any luck, Nintendo will deliver on their promise of additional units, and it will be enough to satisfy demand and everybody who wants one will be able to get one (and as a bonus, fuck over scalpers who bought multiple) making all this moot. Things might be bad now, but it's possible that retailers have jumped the gun on pre-orders, and should have waited. We won't know until we find out just how many units are being produced/how many we start seeing in stores.

A local retailer here in Estonia said they would do the same.

Frankly, unless you've got a damn good reason, you don't need more than one.

This shouldn't have to be stated, but here I go: Fuck Scalpers.

It's also true that Nintendo shouldn't try to be as exact with their shipment amounts (they clearly made a limited stock of NES Classics because they didn't know how popular it would be, and did not want anyone sitting on shipments), so if this does inconvenience you, please make sure to yell at them.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
They did this with NES Classic Mini as well. There was no limit and I had two preordered. Luckily they dropped it to 1 unit rather than cancelling the whole order.

JP

I wouldn't be too surprised to see this happening with other retailers, to be honest. It's what Nintendo themselves are doing and let's be honest, they have all the power here because they know that if retailers won't do this then they'll be a very long list of other retailers who would be happy to take that stock from Nintendo and do it.

If you're going to order more than one, I think you're much better off using different retailers.

Shiggy

But they're saying there's only the 69.99 listing available now. Which isn't the RRP one?

That's bad wording on their side, I supposed. I ordered both, and for me the more expensive listing got cancelled. But others who didn't order the cheaper listing are still stuck with the more expensive one.

JoeNut

I'd have been annoyed if Argos had done this, i ordered one for me and one for my brother, why shouldn't that be allowed?

I'd have been annoyed if Argos had done this, i ordered one for me and one for my brother, why shouldn't that be allowed?

Argos took our money. They can't amend pre-orders like Amazon just did. There are only two things Argos can do is:

1) Go ahead with the full order
2) Cancel the whole order altogether and refund the amount (which will be super terrible for the consumer)

I'm confused, there is only one listing and that's for the one I ordered, which is still showing £79.99

zGub8xC.png

Silveredge9

Neo Member
I'm confused, there is only one listing and that's for the one I ordered, which is still showing £79.99

zGub8xC.png

I'm in this boat as well. Pre-ordered the initial £79.99 variant, even though there was a later £69.99 variant which was added.

Explained this to Amazon Live Chat and this is what they're saying:

aLoP01r.jpg

I still suspect I may have to chase up the extra £10 come September though :/

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm in this boat as well. Pre-ordered the initial £79.99 variant, even though there was a later £69.99 variant which was added.

Explained this to Amazon Live Chat and this is what they're saying:

aLoP01r.jpg

I still suspect I may have to chase up the extra £10 come September though :/

In the same boat, hoping for the best but expecting the worst. £10 extra isn't the end of the world though. I'm not altering that pre-order in any way though, just incase they put me to the back of the queue (which they have been known to do).

What if you're buying one for a friend? I'd say it's justified. Some friends aren't able to hound an amazon page or thread for an entire day.

Get better friends. I don't want people in my life who won't take time off work for important gaming releases.

Sillverrr

I only ordered one, and count myself ****ing lucky to have been there when they were available. You could argue Nintendo is ultimately at fault for limiting availability (in fact, I probably do - scalpers are just taking advantage of the situation), but hopefully this means there will be more to go around if another batch of pre-orders opens up.

Blam

I only ordered one, and count myself ****ing lucky to have been there when they were available. You could argue Nintendo is ultimately at fault for limiting availability (in fact, I probably do - scalpers are just taking advantage of the situation), but hopefully this means there will be more to go around if another batch of pre-orders opens up.

I doubt it I'm sure amazon just oversold.

Blam

Then too bad; said friend should have to look elsewhere or be prepared to queue when it's released. They certainly shouldn't get priority over people who *do* check Amazon all day yet still get unlucky because all the units were snapped up within minutes due to people ordering multiple units.

Personally I think they should get priority since they are paying for it. But like someone said in this thread, tough luck. I'll find another way of getting 2 and I'll make sure my friend receives his as well.

Gaspard

Mine was less than what people are posting rn, is that like the Prime discount or something? Not sure of UK law.

KsqkXy0.png

EDIT: Oh I see, VAT is what is used to match it to retail price.

Top Bottom