• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade Vita screenshots

Sushigod7

The Odin Sphere system is really weird/unique. Basically, you get seeds from chests. Enemies drop phozon, which is your XP in the game, but also your MP. If you put a seed down in the ground during battle, it will also soak up phozons and grow into a plant, which you can harvest fruit (or animals...) from. When you eat the fruit, you get seeds leftover. You can also use the different fruits/seeds/animals to make special food dishes that permanently raise your stats and make potions for battle.

I thought it was masterfully done, but some people loathed it.

Thanks for that sounds fun really.

Hoping this version gets lots of love and upgrades. If we get stateside I agree new translation please. Some new bosses would be awesome too.

~screenshots~

alkavdkffsg.gif

Same. I felt all its systems complimented each other and were really well designed.

Always thought of Odin Sphere as a 2D monster hunter, with the emphasis on crafting/farming/preparation and combat where positioning and enemy knowledge were way more important than reaction and keeping combos up. (When you aren't cheesing the game by doping up anyways)

Always felt people unfairly disliked it for not being something it was never trying to be.
I think that last sentence sums it up well. If you took the game on its own merits, it was really good. If you wanted it to be a 2D brawler, it was terrible. The combat is, as you suggest, much closer to Monster Hunter than Bayonetta. Timed strikes and strategy.

Get on my level ;//
Kongiku. :3

IrishNinja

damn, just picked this up for wii a few months back..whenever i get a vita, i might double-dip on this in the buy/sell thread or on a good sale

It'll sell even more like shit on Vita, but at least they haven't done a Little King's Story to it.

wait, what happened to LKS, did that not go well?

Meanwhile, in the real world.....

i honestly have no idea what was wrong with the statement you quoted

A couple posters, 1st run soundtrack, Momohime figure, pre-order wall scroll, guide, the letter is from Ignition for participating in a chat that got me one of the posters. Didn't include my Play magazine that had the same image that's on the soundtrack Kamitani-san's painting of Momo.

Are we doing this? :p
cardsz5jww.png

From left to right:
Imagine exclusive pre-order bonus original book card
MediaLand exclusive pre-order bonus original telephone card
Messesan'oh exclusive pre-order bonus original telephone card
Sorry for the shitty
Vita cam
pic ;//

Wonko_C

cardsz5jww.png

From left to right:
Sorry for the shitty
Vita cam
pic ;//

For a while I thought it was possessed-Momohime who was doing the "sexy-pose" (she has her armor on). Until I saw that Jinkuro's soul is actually on the side. *sigh of relief*

Sushigod7

cardsz5jww.png

From left to right:
Sorry for the shitty
Vita cam
pic ;//

Yes we are doing this! Nice collection didn't know these were even out there.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Is there anything to this game besides it looking pretty? I've been burnt by Odin Sphere and this looks very similar. But on the other hand GrimGrimoire was a good game, so you never know.

kuroshiki

Is there anything to this game besides it looking pretty? I've been burnt by Odin Sphere and this looks very similar. But on the other hand GrimGrimoire was a good game, so you never know.

Oh man grim grimoire is such a good game. First time in game I actually witnessed lesbian protagonist.

Anteater

I thought it's great fun for the first few hours, especially if you play on shura, but it gets a bit repetitive since you run through the same areas a lot fighting the same enemies.

It lacked a bit of depth and you generally use the same moves. The bosses were cool though.

This is what I want to know. How does Muramasa compare to Odin Sphere? I didn't like Odin Sphere all that much.

Already there brother

edit: A couple posters, 1st run soundtrack, Momohime figure, pre-order wall scroll, guide, the letter is from Ignition for participating in a chat that got me one of the posters. Didn't include my Play magazine that had the same image that's on the soundtrack Kamitani-san's painting of Momo.

I bought that Momohime figure while I was in Japan. Still one of the best looking figurines I have.

Can't wait to play this on Vita. That system makes 2d-games (like Rayman) 'pop' like no other....

Sushigod7

Yeah, I have that one too... as well as the Odin Sphere figures. They're all really well done.

Momohime is a awesome figure Alter is getting ready to release Kongiku

ibxuZuBUW2Wdn6.jpg

Those Odin Sphere figures are tempting they are republishing Velvet, comes out in December almost ready to pull the trigger on that one too.

I thought it's great fun for the first few hours, especially if you play on shura, but it gets a bit repetitive since you run through the same areas a lot fighting the same enemies.

It lacked a bit of depth and you generally use the same moves. The bosses were cool though.
Yeah, the graphics are great, but the gameplay gets very repetitive. I like the game, but haven't haven't manged to get myself to finish it once yet... you pretty much do the same thing all the time. I like beat 'em ups, but it gets old after a while. I like the visual style a lot and it looks better than GrimGrimoire, but for gameplay I probably like that one more.

Get on my level ;//

cardsz5jww.png

From left to right:
Sorry for the shitty
Vita cam
pic ;//
Heh, I used to think that I was a hardcore Vanillaware fan before this thread humbled me. I'm now naked and groveling in the dust in the face of all this goodness :bow

kinggroin

Banned
Played it on Wii and already got rid of my Vita, so no double dip for me.

For you Vita owners that havent played this, buy this. Buy this with the quickness.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
First Vanillaware game I played that wasn't horrible.
It was even kind of good at times.

The translation was 100% incomprehensible though.
I played through the game with both characters and still have no fucking clue what it was about.

If it comes out here for a decent price and with a true localization, I'd probably double-dip.
This kind of (rather simple) action game would fare rather well on a portable, I think.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Tentacles make a return on the PSVita!
Day 1

Jawmuncher

I think I might just give my wii copy to a friend and wait to play this on the Vita.
This is just the original game with more content right?

Sushigod7

Just came here to post Kongiku is up for order. You can order from various places I like Otacute they have handled my figures awesome lately and their shipping is reasonable. Love the fact that the lantern has a LED in it. Wow the first quarter is Muramasa all the way!

Top Bottom