• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My friend thinks that Greenday are one of the best bands ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
dem said:
OH NO SOMEONE DOESNT LIKE MUSIC I LIKE

go fuck yourself you dimwit

Maybe when you grow up you'll be able to cope with the fact that green day.. is infact.. catchy. Its fucking enjoyable. Quite looking for some sort of meaning in music because for most people its just the background noise while they goto walmart.

Elitist music fucktards get more annoying each day.

Indeed!

AntoneM

I rather enjoy Greenday. I wouldn't name them one of the best band of all time but I wouldn't dismiss somone who did.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Green Day's alright. American Idiot wasn't anything special, and their old stuff was better. I really like blink 182, they're not bad (Although I have yet to listen to the latest album). There's many far better bands than those 2. I don't blame your friends, they're just the kind of people who listen to only what's put on the radio. Sadly, there are way too many of those people, because they miss out on really great music. But, it's their choice. No reason to be shocked or appalled.

Greedday is one pop punk band i like.

I hate I mean hate!!!!

Good charlotte
Blink 182
Simple plan
Billy Talent.

ugh worst of the worst.

miyuru

I like catchy songs, it's simple as that for me. That's why they're catchy ^_^

I honestly hope I never become as stuck up as most of you guys on GAF. It's like you can never enjoy yourself unless you're listening to something as hardcore as underground Ethiopian opera music.

Dilbert

miyuru said:
I honestly hope I never become as stuck up as most of you guys on GAF. It's like you can never enjoy yourself unless you're listening to something as hardcore as underground Ethiopian opera music.
Has it occurred to you that some people have different tastes? Or do you actually think that people here only claim to like a certain kind of music strictly for fashion reasons?

miyuru

It's not that. It's just as people become more and more elitist, it seems they also become more and more offended by mainstream music. That's the part that sorta gets to me...

I wish everyone could just chill out.

Teddman

-jinx- said:
Or do you actually think that people here only claim to like a certain kind of music strictly for fashion reasons?
That's not at all unheard of. I'd see it happen all the time in high school/college, fans of a particular band abandoning them after they became popular and more commerically accepted. The music was the same, it's just that they weren't the new trendy hardcore underground flavor of the month any more.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Teddman said:
That's not at all unheard of. I'd see it happen all the time in high school/college, fans of a particular band abandoning them after they became popular and more commerically accepted. The music was the same, it's just that they weren't the new trendy hardcore underground flavor of the month any more.

I have a friend like this. The recent thing wasnt music though. it was ATHF. He used to be all about it when he thought he was the only one who watched it. Then I got all our other friends hooked on it and now it just seems to anger him.

Ristamar

trippingmartian said:
Dookie was pretty good back in the day. They kind of suck now though.

I'd tend to agree, though I wouldn't exactly say they suck. A couple of their albums pre and post Dookie were good, too. They just kinda bore me now. Their latest single is a major snoozer.

I liked Dude Ranch by Blink, as well, but then they went all... well, I don't know what the fuck they went, but I do know it mostly sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom