• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pandaman said:
well she was a pretty sore loser to rainbow dash in the iron pony thing.

'its cheating to use physical advantages i don't have to win! you should be handicapped so its fair!'
No matter how you slice it, using your wings in a long jump contest is cheating.

Foxix Von

Pandaman said:

'its cheating to use physical advantages i don't have to win! you should be handicapped so its fair!'

But it really wouldn't have been fair otherwise, that'd be like challenging a SR-71 blackbird to a foot race.

jogarrr

googleplex said:
How the fuck can anyone not like Apple Jack?

Apple Jack is awesome.

AJ really needs another episode based around her. It's been a long time since Applebuck Season. Gonna be a long wait till season 2.

Edit: And the next page's worth of posts will be debating the competition between AJ and RD again :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
googleplex said:
No matter how you slice it, using your wings in a long jump contest is cheating.
there are no rules in longjump preventing you from doing things whilst airborne.

it was applejacks fault for challenging someone who can fly.

Neki

googleplex said:
I don't think we've ever had someone with the natural ability to fly in a long jump contest so I'm not sure how we'd ever make rules to accommodate that. :p

Found this on Ponibooru. It seems it's from a Mexican Newspaper Comic Strip

sHKwm.jpg

NEO0MJ

Curse Pinkie Pie, I'm now actually watching some episodes.

She's an evil enchantress that does evil dances. And if you look her deep in the eye she will put you in trances.

OMG Aero

Pandaman said:

Even if you ignore the whole wings are/aren't cheating debate Rainbow Dash was still being a jerk. She pulls back a branch on a tree so that it snaps back and hits Applejack in the face.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
OMG Aero said:
Even if you ignore the whole wings are/aren't cheating debate Rainbow Dash was still being a jerk. She pulls back a branch on a tree so that it snaps back and hits Applejack in the face.
only after she was convinced applejack was already playing dirty, while she was wrong, applejack is equally guilty of making the same assumption earlier in the episode before twilight talked her out of it.

being the spirit of loyalty doesn't make her a treadmill.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Ultimoo said:
can't believe you guys are defending applejack.

can't believe you guys.
And I can't believe we're having this discussion all over again.

I won't even say anything, you know what I think about it.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Negator said:
I just stated how good the show is on my facebook.

May god have mercy on my foal.
I've got about 100 friends on Facebook. 17 are fans of the show (we have a group). And I was the one who converted more than half of them.

Neki

Myke Greywolf said:
And I can't believe we're having this discussion all over again.

I won't even say anything, you know what I think about it.

I'll take your silence as a nod of agreement with me and panda then.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Applejack's kind of a jerk. People point to Rainbow Dash, but Applejack seems to have more problems with people than RD does. Look how she treated poor Twilgiht who just wanted to help. RD actively seeks help (she asked Fluttershy to cheer for her).

NEO0MJ

DrForester said:
Applejack's kind of a jerk. People point to Rainbow Dash, but Applejack seems to have more problems with people than RD does. Look how she treated poor Twilgiht who just wanted to help. RD actively seeks help (she asked Fluttershy to cheer for her).

Apple seems to have too much pride for her own good. At least that's what I get from her actions.

Neki

yeah, does no one remember where Applejack managed to screw over everyone because she couldn't ask for help?

whaaaaaaaaaaaat a jerk.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ultimoo said:
yeah, does no one remember where Applejack managed to screw over everyone because she couldn't ask for help?

whaaaaaaaaaaaat a jerk.
not to mention how disrespectful she was to big mac.

'oh dont worry bro, your help is kinda redundant so if you're injured it wont change much! taking any random pony in your place would actually make this too easy, i can handle it myself!'

AIRic

RD was a friend with Gilda for a long time while training and brought her to Ponyville. She is the definition of evil!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
AIRic said:
RD was a friend with Gilda for a long time while training and brought her to Ponyville. She is the definition of evil!

RD was unaware of her true nature and promptly ditched her after finding out.

AIRic

DrForester said:
RD was unaware of her true nature and promptly ditched her after finding out.

same could be said for AJ when she realized that she needed help...

RD has been demoted to my least favourite pony on my list because of all you AJ haters. :p

Most of the ponies are flawed somewhat, especially Rainbow and Applejack, so I find wars between their fans funny. Applejack is too proud and her stubbornness alienates alienates her from her friends. Twilight is condescending and overly skeptical of things she can't explain. Rainbow is a selfish bitch. Rarity is shallow.

I can't think of any negative points for Pinkie or Fluttershy. Out of all of them, Pinkie consistently has the best attitude and even questions herself if she doubts her own attitude, which can be said for none of the others (except Fluttershy and Rarity who haven't really been put in such a position yet).

That said, Twilight is still my favourite pony. She's just such a badass.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Mechanical Snowman said:
Most of the ponies are flawed somewhat, especially Rainbow and Applejack, so I find wars between their fans funny. Applejack is too proud and her stubbornness alienates alienates herself from her friends. Twilight is condescending and overly skeptical of things she can't explain. Rainbow is a selfish bitch. Rarity is shallow.

I can't think of any negative points for Pinkie or Fluttershy. Out of all of them, Pinkie consistently has the best attitude and even questions herself if she doubts her own attitude, which can be said for none of the others (except Fluttershy and Rarity who haven't really been put in such a position yet).

I'd agree they all have character flaws, even RD, but how is she selfish? I'd say she's more arrogant. Don't really see examples of her being selfish.

Neki

AIRic said:
same could be said for AJ when she realized that she needed help...

RD has been demoted to my least favourite pony on my list because of all you AJ haters. :p

I don't even like RD that much, she's still #5. Now if you were to demote Pinkie or Twilight...D:

How can RD be selfish when she's the beacon of loyalty? LOYALTYYYYYYYYYY.

Mechanical Snowman said:
Most of the ponies are flawed somewhat, especially Rainbow and Applejack, so I find wars between their fans funny. Applejack is too proud and her stubbornness alienates alienates her from her friends. Twilight is condescending and overly skeptical of things she can't explain. Rainbow is a selfish bitch. Rarity is shallow.

No negative points for Fluttershy? Her cowardice has caused her to let her friends down on numerous occasions.

Neki

I guess we can all agree that Pinkie Pie is the perfect pony. She is the ideal role model, SHE CAN DO NO WRONG. D:

tafer

Dai101 said:
Yup... thats Polo Jasso. He's a well known cartoonist here in Mexico, here's he's DA: http://polo-jasso.deviantart.com/

I knew he some day will fall to the power of the Ponies.

You should put a NSFW warning to that link.

And well, it seems that the ponies are starting their world domination plans. (French and Spanish intros weren't that bad, the one from Qebec on the other hand...)

$1875 for Derpy!?

AIRic

Ultimoo said:
I guess we can all agree that Pinkie Pie is the perfect pony. She is the ideal role model, SHE CAN DO NO WRONG. D:

PAAARTYYY! Without her crazy randomness the show wouldn't be the same! :D

Neki

DrForester said:
How many times has Pinkie saved the group? Way more than anyone else. If not for her, all we would be talking about is how Swarm of the Century has been going on for several episodes. :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ultimoo said:
How many times has Pinkie saved the group? Way more than anyone else. If not for her, all we would be talking about is how Swarm of the Century has been going on for several episodes. :p

Somewhere in Ponyville was Scotty getting ready to beam them all into the Klingon's Engine room, where they would be no Tribble at all. Pinky just saves him the trouble, but the town would have been fine.

Also RD by Sonic Rainboom gets credit for other pony accomplishments :)

jogarrr

Ultimoo said:
I guess we can all agree that Pinkie Pie is the perfect pony. She is the ideal role model, SHE CAN DO NO WRONG. :D

For me, it's pretty much:
1. Pinky
2. Twilight
3. Everypony else

So I can agree with both the RD haters and the AJ haters :p

I don't hate either one.

Neki

jogarrr said:

For me, it's pretty much:
1. Pinky
2. Twilight
3. Everypony else

So I can agree with both the RD haters and the AJ haters :p

I don't hate either one.

good list, pinky and twilight are top tier.

KtSlime

Mechanical Snowman said:

Not that I don't love both Pinkie and Fluttershy but they have character flaws as well, all the ponies purposely have character flaws because if they were perfect there would be no story.

Pinkie alienates herself from her friends due to an inability to convey the purpose of her actions - this is a repeated theme with her character.
Fluttershy alienates herself from her friends because she lacks confidence in her ability to relate to them and so spend her time relating to animals.

Their strengths are also their weaknesses, it is up to us to decide if we are going to fault the characters for being themselves or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom