• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxix Von

Choppasmith said:
Weird Al confirmed to be a Brony

CpPuwm.png

Said video is here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhOlAU4t9Hs

Pack it up bronies, our work is done. There's no one left to recruit now.

All that's left to do now is eagerly await a Weird Al MLP song parody.

Neki

Foxix said:
Well at least this explains your diabolical campaign against my avatar.
That doesn't explain every one else though. Vinyl pony confirmed to be best non-main character pony (besides Derpy)

Foxix Von

Kylehimself said:
Page 160 of the My Little Pony thread. Good lord! And nerds be wondering why they can't attract women.

I will once again use this as an opportunity to state my superiority by pointing out that there are only 80 pages.

tiff

Banned
Kylehimself said:
Page 160 of the My Little Pony thread. Good lord! And nerds be wondering why they can't attract women.
I'd imagine MLP would be better at attracting women than most of the stuff GAF is into.

Pandaman said:
there are no rules in longjump preventing you from doing things whilst airborne.

it was applejacks fault for challenging someone who can fly.
Bull shit!

The one and only rule of a longjump is to JUMP! Not to fucking fly! or to glide.

Now if Apple jack challenged RD to flying contest, she'd be a jerk for complaining after she lost.

Rainbow dash cheated end of story.

Ikael

The fact that people debate over the virtues and defects of the characters of this show is a testament to how well built their personalities are. Every character has something to like, something to hate, and moments full of win or fail. It is one of the very few character driven show where I like each and every character, I don't hate any character, but rather think that there are some characters that have been developed more than others. Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie and Rarity seems to have a longer personality arch than Rainbowdash and AJ, but that's it, it is not a question of being lame but rather of being awesomer than other awesome characters.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Ultimoo said:
That doesn't explain every one else though. Vinyl pony confirmed to be best non-main character pony (besides Derpy)
BOM8kl.jpg

The Small and Adorable Trixie objects.

Ikael said:
The fact that people debate over the virtues and defects of the characters of this show is a testament to how well built their personalities are. Every character has something to like, something to hate, and moments full of win or fail. It is one of the very few character driven show where I like each and every character, I don't hate any character, but rather think that there are some characters t that have been developed more than others. Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie and Rarity seems to have a longer personality arch than Rainbowdash and AJ, but that's it, it is not a question of being lame but rather of being awesomer than other awesome characters.

That is a great way to put it. The biggest lure in this show are, IMHO, the characters, but some people just aren't able to get past the fact that they're ponies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Myke Greywolf said:
That is a great way to put it. The biggest lure in this show are, IMHO, the characters, but some people just aren't able to get past the fact that they're ponies.

Wait, they're Ponies?

CNz51.gif

Kylehimself said:

Watch it, who knows, you might like it.

Neki

Myke Greywolf said:
BOM8kl.jpg

The Small and Adorable Trixie objects.

dude, ponies can't have personalities, dude.

robots, aliens, ghosts, monsters, birds, but not ponies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Foxix said:
So by extension do you also hate Chuck's or are you alright with that since it's rainbow dash?

Not a huge fan. With yours it really was because I liked the DJ Pony more than it being Pinky. I'm not a huge fan of the humanized pony stuff in general, RD or not.

Darte

Moar art!

Group shot:
1303174616_friendship_is_magic_by_whitephox-d3ebk6d.jpg

Dawwwww...ewwww
6796+-+celestia+luna+madmax+young.png

Pinkie Pie being....Pinkie Pie
pinkie_pie_by_blackgryph0n-d3eae1b.png

Dash is too fast for Pinkies eyes
rainbow_ride_by_don_komandorr-d3edd7n.jpg

Pew Pew...
isaac_pie_by_johnjoseco-d3edfg8.jpg

Blimey
pinkie_studies_a_gummy_by_johnjoseco-d3edhli.jpg

Derpy and Trixie
my_little_oc_with_tb_by_ayameexgoddess-d3e972w.jpg

Canterlot at sunset
canterlot_sunset___wallpaper_by_crappyunicorn-d3ece2n.jpg

Wait why is luna going to bed at night?!
6954+-+celestia+luna.jpg

Filly Dash/Fluttershy and mayhaps angel?
rainbow_dash_and_fluttershy_2_by_smittyg-d3e8pwk.png.jpg

Well thats one way to get some peace and quiet D:
mail.google.com.jpg

Pony Titans?!
mlp_tt_cosplay_by_arnie00-d3ebddh.jpg

jogarrr

Nice. Canterlot makes a good wallpaper. I was just trying to get a good shot from an episode the other day but the 1080p videos have watermarks and the iTunes videos are only 720p and don't scale well.

Thanks for posting.

jogarrr

I thought the 'fourth wall' metaphor technically referred to the screen. Shouldn't that be the first, second, or third wall? She can break them all :p

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
jogarrr said:
I thought the 'fourth wall' metaphor technically referred to the screen. Shouldn't that be the first, second, or third wall? She can break them all :p
Well, she is looking at the 'camera'.

Foxix Von

jogarrr said:

I think it still counts since she's staring right at the audience and breaking through the frame of reality. That and her hooves are on top of the image breaking through the foreground, if that's not breaking the fourth wall I don't know what is.

2th

Banned
Up to episode 15 now... This show is consistently funny and well written. And i cannot help but compare Pinky Pie to Pinky (of Pinky and the Brain) in their constant bat shit craziness. It is great.

Neki

2th said:
Up to episode 15 now... This show is consistently funny and well written. And i cannot help but compare Pinky Pie to Pinky (of Pinky and the Brain) in their constant bat shit craziness. It is great.
glad you're open-minded and like it. people just come in here and go "lol ponies".

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Ultimoo said:
glad you're open-minded and like it. people just come in here and go "lol ponies".
to be fair, the last few pages have been "awwww ponies!" so the difference is maybe two layers of irony?

Uchip

Banned
im sorry to say this but furries are all over MLP
and some of this art just reeks of it
only a matter of time before you stumble on something truely disturbing

2th

Banned
Uchip said:

all furries must die. no ifs ands or buts... kill them all with fire. and do not let them near this show.

Neki

Uchip said:
I never understand what compels people to make such...fan-art. Maybe they do it to troll us honest fans. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom