• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo now live! (Europe)

georly

How do I get the coins for browsing Nintendo's website? Is that even listed as a mission?

I found a platinum coin on the floor next to my mii walking around, that redeemed it.

Not as far as I see.

Where do I find the web version of the eShop?

The platinum coin reward for that states that you must log in on wii u or 3DS.

Complete this mission by accessing Nintendo eShop on Wii U or Nintendo 3DS while signed in with the Nintendo Network ID linked to your Nintendo Account.

Web eshop is here: http://www.nintendo.com/eshop - doesn't seem to be up and working like the EU version, though.

Platy

So for a country without miitomo I need to do every weekly quest for 4 months to get either twilight picross or WW touched.

Yaaaay

Rodin

A gazillion but still wont make a difference because it's up to the console, not the account.

For Wii U and 3DS yes, because it's still tied to NNID and that's how it works on those two consoles. For NX we can't possibly know right now, but hopefully they did this so that it will work differently. Iwata hinted at the new account not being tied to hw more than once if i'm not mistaken.

SeanR1221

Im a little confused. I logged in using my Nintendo network ID. So I don't have to create an email/password for a Nintendo Account?

I'm not too pleased with the rewards interface. It's lean and functional next to the old NA Club Nintendo, which always seemed fragile or breakable in some way, but it lacks the critical information of seeing what everything costs (or even what kind of point they cost, Platinum or Gold) without clicking through first.

Both Miitomo and the My Nintendo site were also clearly not designed for people who use their devices in landscape orientation.

maxcriden

The enter point code function implies that future retail releases will also yield points?

At the least, download cards at stores. Most likely, I suspect NX physical games will include them as well. I'd be surprised if Wii U/3DS games include them.

Was I supposed to get points from the Points Box? Because the website crashed when it was doing the opening animation and now it seems I got absolutely nothing for opening it - just wasted 50 coins lol

pHand

Was I supposed to get points from the Points Box? Because the website crashed when it was doing the opening animation and now it seems I got absolutely nothing for opening it - just wasted 50 coins lol

It was basically a tutorial on how to redeem stuff. I'm pretty sure you have to buy the Points Box to continue.

maxcriden

1) Has anyone figured out whether download codes from MyN that normally cost $$, if redeemed, give you coins?

2) When you get a DL code, can you gift it, or is it automatically sent to your system?

Roi

miis.png

pHand

From ToS:

Purchases of downloadable content, themes, and other similar content are not eligible to earn Points.

Points will automatically be used in the order in which in which you received them and will expire after 6 months if not used.

Booooooooo.

My Nintendo is like a game in itself. We're all looking for these secret Platinum coins on the website like they're Easter eggs lol

iphys

I'm really disappointed with the way you earn gold coins. You should earn them based on your accumulated purchase total rather than just for buying games $7 and up, because unless you're buying retail games off the eShop, most games aren't worth enough to qualify for any gold coins. Since there's little chance I'll earn any gold coins for most of my purchases, never mind enough within 6 months to redeem for anything, I basically have no motivation to spend any money on the eShop now. But the only thing worth redeeming for requires platinum coins anyway, so I guess Nintendo doesn't really want my money.

Nerrel

I'm pleased with how the rewards system seems to be set up... buying a Wii U game pretty much gets you a free SNES/GBA VC title. Not bad.

Also, I've never seen 30% discounts on Nintendo's software before. It's still not amazing compared to other digital stores, but pretty good for Nintendo. I wish I didn't already have all these games.

Sealtest

Works for me, it was unlocked the moment the site was up (I preregistered)

Oh boy i'm a goof. I think it might've already been unlocked since it's just grey'd out saying collect points. I expected it to say completed.

This and Miitomo seem pretty nice, I guess. I'll only really be using it for the free stuff but given the fact that I won't be buying full price games that are available at retail, I might miss out on a load of gold coins.

Still, it already seems loads better than the old stars catalogue. Actual games available to download, for one. It's a step in the right direction.

Top Bottom