• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"My Xbox 360 Died and I Lived to tell the story" Official Thread

widgetraf

im getting a NAT of moderate! I use an ICS through my laptop. Is this normal?? I cant load the movies/tv section from XBL but can download game demos and everything else.

chemicals

update:
1. 08/01 wed - sent my xbox
2. 08/04 sat - they send me an email saying they've received my xbox
3. 08/05 sun - they send me an email saying the repairs are complete
4. 08/06 mon - they send me an email saying that my xbox has been shipped and provide me with tracking info

that's a quick turn-around, chaps. f.y.i. I'm in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Danielsan

Woohoo..
I finally got my Xbox360 back from microsoft... well not mine but a refurb.
Don't get me wrong I'm glad to finally have working Xbox360 back in my home but I find it a little more than odd that it took them 7 ****ing weeks to just send me a refurb..

bill0527

Danielsan said:
Woohoo..
I finally got my Xbox360 back from microsoft... well not mine but a refurb.
Don't get me wrong I'm glad to finally have working Xbox360 back in my home but I find it a little more than odd that it took them 7 ****ing weeks to just send me a refurb..

Interesting...considering they put out a press release a couple of months ago stating that they weren't going to be sending out any more refurbs. They were going to fix the original unit and send it back to you. Maybe yours was totally fried and not worth fixing.

Danielsan

bill0527 said:
Interesting...considering they put out a press release a couple of months ago stating that they weren't going to be sending out any more refurbs. They were going to fix the original unit and send it back to you. Maybe yours was totally fried and not worth fixing.
Well the dvd drive wouldn't read any discs whatsoever so maybe they figured it wasn't worth the trouble to replace the dvd drive. Still 7 weeks to just send me a different one.. I just don't get it..

snacknuts

we all knew her
Mine is set to be delivered back to me this Thu, just 2½ weeks after I sent it in. Not a terrible turnaround time. Mofo better work.

So has anyone actually had their repaired 360 returned to the service center after three failed delivery attempts? I don't really want to have to take a day off work to wait for my Xbox to show up, but I sure as hell don't want it sent back and I don't have anyone that I can have sit around and wait for it.

Treo360

widgetraf said:
im getting a NAT of moderate! I use an ICS through my laptop. Is this normal?? I cant load the movies/tv section from XBL but can download game demos and everything else.

ICS always gave me a moderate nat, I thought that was inherent due to the nature of using said sharing.

Treo360

Microsoft wonders never fail to impress!

Looks like I will have to wait an additional week before I get this fraking coffin. Must be all those calls to Malaysia/India/Timbuktu because the frakers can't get the damned address right.

Looks like I'm goin to be owed 2 month of xbl (yeah right)
Frak.

Here's to hoping the elite I just bought lasts more than the last unit.

F-Pina

oldboy1 said:
Continue that kind of talk & they'll send you the special replacement....

t2.1.gif

:lol

Two thirds of those transformers get out of the box, take two steps out in the open and stall for no particular reason.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
so how long am I supposed to sit at "No Pending Repair/different serial number" before it shipping? It's been there since last Friday.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
alr1ghtstart said:
so how long am I supposed to sit at "No Pending Repair/different serial number" before it shipping? It's been there since last Friday.

I'm not sure that mine changed from that. I think it went from there (for about a week I think), to 'no pending repair'.

Treo360

alr1ghtstart said:

3-4 weeks

See what I did there?

AS a consolation prize they gave me Viva Pinata Free.

Whoopie!!!!11111

Just got my rrod 360 that I sent to them about 4 weeks ago and guess what, they sent me a goddamned broken system. It would not recognize my HDD, even though it works on my neighbor's system and my old system just fine. Freakin unacceptable, I was mad as hell when I talked to the poor xbox support guy. Receiving another coffin by the end of the week...what a great summer of gaming this has been.

Oh, I also got Viva Pinata for free, whoooopie!

Treo360

LightningZero5 said:
Just got my rrod 360 that I sent to them about 4 weeks ago and guess what, they sent me a goddamned broken system. It would not recognize my HDD, even though it works on my neighbor's system and my old system just fine. Freakin unacceptable, I was mad as hell when I talked to the poor xbox support guy. Receiving another coffin by the end of the week...what a great summer of gaming this has been.

Hey at the very least you received a coffin. I have gotten zilch for waiting, but I'm part of the problem really. Instead of waiting for it to get repaired I went and bought an elite (that will prob die within the next two weeks) thus adding to their sales this month, and ensuring myself a headache that will more than likely ensue.

I'm such a loser.

Rorschach

LightningZero5 said:

...how come I get nothing?! T_T I can't even get my xbl time back. Assholes!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea I never got offered anything extra for all the bs I went through.

I got a lot of "so sorry" comments...BEAT THAT!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Oh I got those,but that doesnt make up for the broken system sent back to me the first time and it for it taking so extra long to get a 3rd one back.I'm just happy I got an extra heatsink this time,hopefully this system lasts *knock on wood*

Everyone should be getting free xbox live 1 month cards with their systems when they come back without having to ask.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
WickedLaharl said:
you guys didn't get a one month xbl card? that sucks. i got one each time without even asking.

Comes with each one... basically reimbursed me for having a broken system and being dumb enough to prepay for a year.

RogueHobbit

Neo Member
My Xbox 360 just crapped out. I've only had it since January.

I'm getting one flashing red light in the lower right quadrant and error code E 74. It happens intermittently when I power up the console. Sometimes it boots OK, other times I get the error message. Checked all the cables as suggested online, etc.

A coffin is on the way.

Well, the guy I talked to sounded like he hated his job, so I kept asking him "What can you do for me?" since I JUST got sent back a defective 360 to replace my RROD one. Heh, I tried to get more than the game too, but I knew I was pushing my luck. I'm going to go through 2 consecutive months of dealing with crappy outsourced service.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
drizzle said:
Finally, it happened. Mine 3rl on me last month.

I did the towel trick, it works for a while and then freezes up again.

Turning it on and off, it eventually turned on, but the 3rl were blinking (while the 360 was working and i was playing crackdown).

Anyways, i took it somewhere else to do the xclamps mod.. Let's see how it turns out.

Add me up to the list. Bought it in november, died in july.

Probably doesn't matter to anybody, but got my 360 back. IT's working like a charm. They did the xclamp mod, changed voltage on fans and polished the heatsink.

Let's see how long it lasts.

I "can't" send it to microsoft because it's an USA machine and i live in brazil. Yes, brazil has support for 360, but only for those sold here.

Rorschach

WickedLaharl said:
you guys didn't get a one month xbl card? that sucks. i got one each time without even asking.
Not only did I not get one, but mine was out for more than a month. :]

I got a lot of "so sorry" comments...BEAT THAT!
You bastard! I want some of those...quit hording all the sorries!! >:|

Danielsan

Well I did get a 1 month Xboxlive gold card which would be fine if it was out for 3-4 weeks but mine was out for 7 weeks..
I wish I got Viva Pinata for free :p

Answer this for me: MY Xbox 360 is working since i got it. It has not Red Rung for me yet. Can I still send it to Microsoft and let them add an extra fan to the GPU?

artredis1980 said:
Answer this for me: MY Xbox 360 is working since i got it. It has not Red Rung for me yet. Can I still send it to Microsoft and let them add an extra fan to the GPU?
They probably won't let you send it in until it has an actual problem. On another note, has anyone sent an Elite in for service and gotten a non-Elite back?

Zep

Banned
Just opened my new xbox and they had to give me a reburished one :-/

Though they did send me a 1mo. free card.

RPS37

I really want to know if anyone else around here has sent in a 360 that didn't get a RROD.
I sent in my 360 only because I got a bunch of Disc Read Errors on a bunch of games, scratched discs, and really bad noises coming from my dvd drive (think growling) at times.
It also stopped being to load races in Forza 4/5 times.

Has anyone else had similar issues and sent in their 360?
How did it go?

chemicals

when I called them, they seemed to flip out a bit more over the fact that it was freezing while I browsed the marketplace. That really bugged them and when I said that was when they immediately said they were sending me a box.

quaere

Ok what should I do. My box got the red rings, but now 30 minutes later it’s starting and freezing within a few minutes. I don’t want to risk MS charging me for the repair. What’s the current policy? Should I pretend it’s still red ringing?

alr1ght

tgenius said:
Well I got mine back today too and its a 7-19-07 new premium with the 65nm and heatsink/epoxy. w00t!

65nm hasn't been released yet. when did you send your box in?

Speevy

Banned
aswedc said:
Ok what should I do. My box got the red rings, but now 30 minutes later it’s starting and freezing within a few minutes. I don’t want to risk MS charging me for the repair. What’s the current policy? Should I pretend it’s still red ringing?

Just tell them it's dead. They're not going to interrogate you over the phone.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
aswedc said:

Yes. They wont even check it. MS is so scared about getting legal actions popping around they are basically giving controllers and wireless headsets for free. In Europe at least. Couple of friends just called customer support pretending their controller/headesets were broken and they received brand new ones without the need to give the "broken" ones back or even prove they have them in the first place. They just call the CS, say "My headset is broken", and all they are asked is the address. Crazy days.

Bildi

TTP said:
Couple of friends just called customer support pretending their controller/headesets were broken and they received brand new ones without the need to give the "broken" ones back or even prove they have them in the first place. They just call the CS, say "My headset is broken", and all they are asked is the address. Crazy days.
OK, this I have to try. It would be nice to get something other than crappy one month Live cards for a change.

p3tran

Banned
so I returned from vacation to find that one of my buddies had his 360 go red on him.
he had bought it january 2006.

since it is almost bioshock time, we easily concluded that this is not the right time to use the certain but lengthy microsoft warranty, so we went on to fix it by ourselves.

the thing is that
the fix was MUCH EASIER than whatever I anticipated, to the point that now I have serious doubts about the one billion thing m$ billed for this shit. :lol

basically for anybody who has ever build a pc, it is a simple "open, clean up then close" job.

here is a pic with the screws I put instead of those X things
DSC00045.jpg

and here is 360 alive again
DSC00061.jpg

I also had in mind some extra things to do -especially for that GPU cooler-, but since the 360 worked straight up my friend wanted to leave it like that so he could start using it right away.
bah, I will probably do that stuff on my own box when I find the time...

cheers

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Would someone in here mind telling me whether or not MS used UPS or Fed-Ex to for the process of getting and delivering back their 360?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
PleoMax said:

Thanks, Pleo. I didn't want to bother you in your thread about it, since it doesn't really have anything to do with yours being broken. I was just curious as to whether or not they always use the same people. They used UPS with me, too.

I wonder if there are any Xbox 360 owners out there whose box hasn't crapped up on him / her at least once?

All my friends have had their X360's break. Mine works, but I bought it last week ( due to the soon-to-be released Bioshock ).

p3tran

Banned
Lé Blade Runner said:
I wonder if there are any Xbox 360 owners out there whose box hasn't crapped up on him / her at least once?

All my friends have had their X360's break. Mine works, but I bought it last week ( due to the soon-to-be released Bioshock ).
I have two xbox 360's
I bought the first one the day it launched, and the second one about a year ago.
I have no problem with them and they are used very much everyday.

but
microsoft sure looks silly because the overheating problem is very easy to fix

tgenius

alr1ghtstart said:
65nm hasn't been released yet. when did you send your box in?

Send it in Mid July, and it just arrived yesterday. Any 360 built in mid July 07+ is a Falcon mobo with 65nm; MS is allocating them currently for the RROD people through repair as there are so many going out.

Tuvoc

Mine died shortly after E3. And I thought it'd be a cakewalk w/ my bestbuy product replacement warranty. I sent it out and it arrived at their location in Dallas on July 20th. Still no gift card, call, or email and I have a strange feeling I'm getting screwed.

alr1ght

tgenius said:
Send it in Mid July, and it just arrived yesterday. Any 360 built in mid July 07+ is a Falcon mobo with 65nm; MS is allocating them currently for the RROD people through repair as there are so many going out.

they have the new heatsinks, but I haven't read any reports of any of them have the 65nm chip.

Top Bottom