• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai "Level up" [Tekken CG Movie, Soul Calibur 5]

Mr_Elysia

lobdale said:
What the fuck Scamco you rented a Dubai conference room to tell us "yep SCV is coming, there is a character in it" and also "everything is next year."

NICE USE OF FUNDS

Write-offs.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Not even a new title for the next Soul game, and ToG marched off to the salt mines. WHERE IS MY TIME CRISIS MOVE COLLECTION? Where is my Point Blank, where are the games.

Namco's not even MAKING Dark Souls! WAT DO

Hex

Banned
Instro said:
SCV in 2012 huh? Possible launch title for the Cafe then?
I think Cafe will still have to prove itself to devs.
People assume that devs are going to go running full bore at the system and now every game announced is filled with "oooh oooh Cafe title?"
Let's see the system first and then see how devs take to it.

B.K.

The M.O.B said:
So Tales of Abyss 3DS has turned into a full remake and not just a port?

I'm pretty sure he/she doesn't really know anything about Abyss. He/she posted this:

Keza MacDonald:
I think they are re-voicing Abyss, I will ask

The Nintendo Power article said that they're not redoing the voice work for Abyss because they don't want to pay the cast again.

Tales of Graces f in 2012!??!

I mean, for real?

Wow...........

Just....... Wow!

The only thing is missing to release it close to FFXIII-2 and then it will be the perfect fail for Another Tales in the west.

I just knew this is too good to be true..... We won't get a new Tales for the west too easy, there's gotta be something and there it is..... 2012, three years after the first release for the game.

And we all made fun at level 5 for releasing WKC 14 months later.

Teknoman

The M.O.B said:
So Tales of Abyss 3DS has turned into a full remake and not just a port?

Its a port with 3D effects according to Nintendo power. The director said he didnt want to fill the game with extra fluff.

Instro

Hex said:
I think Cafe will still have to prove itself to devs.
People assume that devs are going to go running full bore at the system and now every game announced is filled with "oooh oooh Cafe title?"
Let's see the system first and then see how devs take to it.

Full bore? Porting a multi plat title that is releasing around the same time as the new system is not full bore.

Graces F will sell poorly and that's it we won't get ToX.... Just great, thank you Namco so very much for making this so easy on Tales fans in the west.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Don't worry guys they'll find a way to sell DLC codes to use for your popcorn that you can use when you go see Tekken 3D: Blood Insurrection at your local oh wait no theater will show that.

"But we've already designed the limited edition home release package for the film"

Hex

Banned
lobdale said:
Don't worry guys they'll find a way to sell DLC codes to use for your popcorn that you can use when you go see Tekken 3D: Blood Insurrection at your local oh wait no theater will show that.

"But we've already designed the limited edition home release package for the film"

Their DLC codes will probably be cheaper than the regular price of popcorn for the movie so come at me!

Paznos

"Keza MacDonald:
Nothing on Armored Core, or on Rebirth, Hearts or Destiny 2 I'm afraid. "

So many Tales games people want(me included) that we'll never get :(.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wow.... Namco really wants Tales to die doesn't it. I mean, it's not coming out in the summer. It missed the Holidays and Skyrim. Now it's going to get nuked by FFXIII-2 and ME3 next year. Awesome job guys!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I though FFXIII-2 is coming out this year.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
lobdale said:

They already have my money.

Seda

A mod should put the highlights on this showing in the OP, possibly with links to the related threads, or people will be asking all day tomorrow.

Thoraxes

I'm late on reactions now, but SCV! OH MY GOODNESS YES YES YES YES! (everytime you read the word yes, fistpump high into the air)

Holy shit, I can't believe that this took place in Dubai. :eek:
That's unusual.

If only I was going back earlier; I could have sneaked into the conference.

Thoraxes said:
Oh, also in regards to the Tales of Graces F announcement: http://twitter.com/#!/Filthierich/status/68202620422062080

EU announcement only so far.

This could either be good or bad depending on how we look at it. PS3 though, so importing wouldn't not be an option at the very least.

http://twitter.com/#!/Filthierich/status/68207285415067648

A later tweet. So hoping that this implies that it will be coming out in the states, but who knows. Don't really see a reason for them to split the two releases if they are going to release in in both areas. Unless they really don't know that you can't region lock a game.

Stuart444

Why are people implying the death of Tales/Graces f without a confirmed release date, 2012 could mean anytime including on a date that is suitable and won't conflict with FFXIII-2.

I know I know, Namco Bandai has a bit of a record for doing that stuff but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until a release date is announced. Then if it is announced for a bad day, I'll join in the negativity.

Either way, at least you Americans will get it earlier than we in Europe will. Regardless of when it's released.

In other news, since I just woke up and finished checking the whole thread, Awesome news @ Tekken, I loved the trailer, I'm hoping it will be good. Also nice to see a confirmation of Soul Calibur V and Dark Souls' release date.

NeoZylom

kayos90 said:
Wow.... Namco really wants Tales to die doesn't it. I mean, it's not coming out in the summer. It missed the Holidays and Skyrim. Now it's going to get nuked by FFXIII-2 and ME3 next year. Awesome job guys!

FFXIII-2 is 2011 ... and also, we don't even know the release date of ME3 or ToG.

You guys need to chill lol (You guys know a year has 12 months?)

"Ace Combat Assault Horizon" limited edition for Europe (see PEGI icon):
GJLtS.jpg

rvy

Banned
Screens of Tekken Tag Tournament 2

news_screens_of_tekken_tag_tournament_2-11044.jpg

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 should be playable in Japan this summer in arcade spot, the game is not yet officially confirmed for consoles but it's very likely so here is a bunch of screens. Fans will be pleased to learn that the series will also get its first CG movie called Tekken: Blood Vengeance.

Apologies if already posted. Looking good.

Oh dear Namco, how long has it been since you put out a new successful IP? You're still depending on the success of the 32-bit-era franchises, FFS...

Steiner_Zi said:
Oh dear Namco, how long has it been since you put out a new successful IP? You're still depending on the success of the 32-bit-era franchises, FFS...
Katamari Damacy was 128 bit era. I assume it was pretty successful, or at least a good ROI because it was developed for only one million dollars.

But yeah, new Ridge, new Soul, 3 new Tekken-related projects in the pipeline, I know where you're coming from.

yankee666

This event went so fast...... let me see if i miss something

Tales of Graces F - 2012
Tales of the Abyss on 3DS - 2011
Soul Calibur V announced - 2012
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - no info
Ace Combat AH - October 2011 - LE for Europe
Ace Combat 3DS announced - no info
Tekken Blood Vengeance - animated movie CG - summer 2011
Ridge Racer Unbounded - Feb 2012

OP should be updated if this info is correct

Top Bottom