• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco teasing Pacman & Galaga 3DS [Up7: Tekken, Soul Calibur, Tales, Ono, Vesperia?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
The metal gear one isn't so bad, and the initial VII video wasn't (they did the same thing with FFVIII for PS2), but when they put the 'the story continues in FFVII' with that image in the Crisis Core booklet, that was abusing fans I think.

Vamphuntr

Bay Maximus said:
mgs.jpg

Everyone on GAF was like it's for 360, it's green CAN'T YOU SEE IT. Then it ended up being a shitty cell phone game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Something tells me this is more Tales related than Pacman. Nothing there other than those creatures speaks to me on the Pacman motif. It fits more of the Tales of Graces f side of things with the color pattern and all. I am not getting over hyped but this needs to end on that date because this stupid internet teasing is making people more bonkers than excited.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Gravijah said:
look she was emotionally damaged, i'm sorry
it's

it's okay. it's not your fault. i just i

thought she loved me

sigh i think i'm gonna log out im depressed now

Quixzlizx said:
I'm also guessing that Venus & Braves PSP is unimportant enough where Namco would never bring it over themselves, but too important due to the Tales cameos for them to ever let another publisher touch it?

Almost certainly, yes.

Rpgmonkey

Why would you do that? said:
Aren't blueberries the Star Ocean equivalent to Apple Gummies? Or are they blackberries? I don't remember...

SO does Blueberries (HP) and Blackberries (MP). Tales has Apple, Orange, Grape, Lemon, Peach, Lime, and Pineapple gummies that various things, to just name the ones with a fruit flavor.

MoogPaul

I cant believe you guys think its graces. You can see the ghosts right there. The web address is refering to Richard Pac, a run of the mill office worker who meets the man of his dreams, Richard Man. Think of it as persona 3/4 when you go out on dates with Richard Man but instead of the dungeon crawling parts, you do things like refill the toner in the copier and fill out excel spreadsheets of your employees daily sales

vall03

just saw the new image, so is this the time where our hopes and dreams are crushed yet again or is courage the magic that turns dreams into reality?

RPGCrazied

vall03 said:
just saw the new image, so is this the time where our hopes and dreams are crushed yet again or is courage the magic that turns dreams into reality?

Ask again next week, thats when the next time they will say anything.

Vanille

vall03 said:

It's 100% guaranteed to be Graces. Namco simply aren’t competent enough to pull off such an epic level of trolling.

Vamphuntr

Namco is so incompetent that someone already solved their riddle. Now they are adding red herrings hoping people will still get excited for their feb 2 event. It's Tales of Graces F guys....

The logo change is dumb, but I'm not that worried about it.

The web address is still ataleoftworichards.com, with the previous image being the Graces logo which has a character named Richard in the game.

I just don't seeing it be related to Pac-Man. Also, would they really hype a Pac-Man announcement like this? Probably not.

Link1110

Wait, what if we look at things from a different angle and think aside the box.

A tale of TWO Richards

It could definitely be two games. Are there any other recent Namco games with characters named Richard?

Link1110 said:
Wait, what if we look at things from a different angle and think aside the box.

A tale of TWO Richards

It could definitely be two games. Are there any other recent Namco games with characters named Richard?
1.Richard, the character from Graces
2.Richard, the community manager who set all this up and gives us clues.

Grzi

This shit is funny as hell.
I'm a Tales fan, but now I'm kinda hoping it's not Tales of Graces they're announcing, just for the laughs.

RPGCrazied

How would that be funny? Specially to a die-hard Tales fan? If anything, I'll just rage, and get over it. Still though, Namco would win "the best way to become an asshole" award with me. Are we basically at their mercy for a week?

Some people are saying this is fun. I don't find anything fun about it. Maybe at first, but then we figured out what it was on the first day. Now they are like "Sorry, lets fuck up the image and pretend you didn't see it." Uh, yeah.

Paracelsus

RPGCrazied said:
How would that be funny? Specially to a die-hard Tales fan? If anything, I'll just rage, and get over it. Still though, Namco would win "the best way to become an asshole" award with me. Are we basically at their mercy for a week?

Some people are saying this is fun. I don't find anything fun about it. Maybe at first, but then we figured out what it was on the first day. Now they are like "Sorry, lets fuck up the image and pretend you didn't see it." Uh, yeah.

Didn't you know? Some people actually prefer bitter tears more than gaming itself.

Firestorm

I hope it's a Pac Man on Facebook splash page and you click through to see that and Tales of Graces F. Knee-jerk reactions and new Tales!

TunaLover

Grzi said:
This shit is funny as hell.
I'm a Tales fan, but now I'm kinda hoping it's not Tales of Graces they're announcing, just for the laughs.
same here.
probably will not be a Wii version, so I'm indeferent to the anouncement, *sigh*

RPGCrazied

Paracelsus said:
Didn't you know? Some people actually prefer bitter tears more than gaming itself.

That just tells me, why be a gamer? I don't get people sometimes. Oh well, if they would rather this be a Pac-Man game, I'll gladly say I won't be joining that group.

RPGCrazied said:

Yeah you tell them... those who enjoy others people pain :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom