• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name a Movie or Franchise that deserves a reboot

Dev1lXYZ

Neverending Story, I dearly love the 1984 movie but from what I've heard there's a lot more to the book that was left out of the movie, definitely seems like a perfect choice.

Flash Gordon, there really needs to be a modern movie the aesthetic of 1930s and 40s science fiction.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Bob Hoskins is sadly gone, but it's so strange to me the whole world and character of Roger Rabbit were utilized for only one movie, it doesn't have to be a direct sequel to the movie, just another movie featuring Roger and a world of cartoons ands humans living together (which rumor has it Disney was working on something like that a few years ago but I guess it went nowhere)

Big Trouble In Little China, you could very easily bring Kurt Russell back along with a new cast of supporting characters and this time incorporate Japanese folklore in addition to Chinese.

The Haunted Mansion, the Eddie Murphy one is pretty bad, but damn, there's so much potential, if Disney could turn Pirates of The Caribbean into a whole franchise why not Haunted Mansion? Supposedly Guillermo Del Toro wants to do a reboot, hopefully that will happen.

Buckaroo Banzai would be a perfect choice for a revival, it's very nerdy sense of humor would feel more at home today than in the '80s.

In the Neverending Story book Bastion basically becomes a god, screws things and himself up pretty badly and Atreyu has to save him and the whole world.

MilkyJoe

MV5BMjMzOTU0NzAwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODAwNzU0NzE@._V1_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

Also they fucking ruined She-ra as well... and I was so excited about it...

DiPjDOtWkAAoC_r.jpg

He-Man%2BXmas%2Btitle.jpg

why....
Well, it's not made for us so I don't see it that a problem. Just look at Batman and how gritty he has gotten(minus when he started out with a gun in the early comics) compared to the Adam West Batman. Or how the new Young Justice season would most likely appealed to boys/young males

Last edited:

Dunki

Well, it's not made for us so I don't see it that a problem. Just look at Batman and how gritty he has gotten(minus when he started out with a gun in the early comics) compared to the Adam West Batman. Or how the new Young Justice season would most likely appealed to boys/young males
The question is for who is it? The artist IMO is awful. it is not even the costume or the face,

Here same design but different artist and it looks great
DiaZse_W0AAJNv9.jpg

Stargate - has a lot of potential if done right.

Silverhawks - just cause I want to see if it can be done right on the big screen.

Underworld - has such a good premise and framework it's a shame to just let it wither away.
Fuck yes, Stargate would be awesome!

Gander

Banned
Blade - Have Michael Jai White take over the role he is perfect. Make him part of Spider-man's cinematic universe.

They are already casting Jared Leto as Morbius the living vampire

Fbh

Yep.

And they could actually do it. One of the good things of starwars being in this vast universe with this very long story is that they could just be like "and this is 1000 years in the future/past" and start over with new characters and stories.

Airola

Dirty Debutantes.

It was originally rebooted with Dirty Dirty Debutantes, which was rebooted with Deep Inside Dirty Debutantes, which was rebooted with More Dirty Debutantes, which was rebooted with All New Dirty Debutantes. After 383 episodes I think it's time for another reboot.

As a more serious answer I would say Spider-Man.

As an actual serious answer I would say it would be interesting to see what they could do with The Blob today.

Body-Swap-Movie-Showdown.jpg
We could use a new one of these.

Oh yeah, definitely!

Vice Versa is one of my childhood favorites.

Last edited:
Top Bottom