• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name for a Video Game Themed Bar / Restaurant

Schnei871

Hey Gaf!

I'm opening a video game themed bar/restaurant in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada in July 2016! It'll have free to play consoles and computers as well as leagues for eSport titles like LoL, Dota 2, and CS:GO. The walls will have video game artwork and the menu will feature iconic colours, brands, and characters all from video games franchises. I'm super excited about it but I'm not sure what to name it! What do you think? I've made a poll of all the names I could think of and if you have a second it'd be amazing if you could cast your vote. If you can think of any other names, or if you have any questions or comments, I'd be happy to answer any and all of them. Thanks so much everyone and I look forward to opening a place to celebrate gaming culture!

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll480315x43498e36-19

[Edit] I'm going to be keep the poll updated with some of the amazing names you guys have come up with. You can pick more than one name from the survey. For references about copy right check out this place that exists in Vancouver, Canada (http://www.expbar.ca/menu). We'll try to walk a similar line.

Sad news everyone but Another Castle is taken :( http://www.anothercastlegames.com/

Thinking through this I'd like the logo to have pixel art. If anyone has experience with pixel art send me a PM and we can chat about doing business together :)

To provide some more fun details I am developing a smart phone app for the menu so people can order from their smart phones. Within that app there's going to be an achievement system for the items you order as well as progress bars. So for example if you order 5 appetizers you'll get a pop-up saying "Tutorial Complete!" and get 10% off your next appetizer or whatever it might be

F1b14Dr.png

RsYLqL9.png

IIhAKIl.png

I'm not good at picking names, but just wanted to wish you and your business luck. It sounds like fun, and if I were local I'd definitely stop by when I can.

Edit: Also post photos when you're ready for business.

Good luck; this sounds crazy awesome and ambitious!

As for a good name, I like puns but I can't think of one right now. Let me have a think.

Brhoom

Banned
I really din't know and I'm nervoius just thinking about it, good luck and I hope for the best with your resturant. (There better be some Daisy related item in there)

Falk

that puzzling face
Thank You! I think the time is right for video game culture to have a place like this :)

This takes me back.

The earliest LAN cafes in South East Asia were pretty much this, except PC only with no consoles, with stuff like mIRC, some games, etc.

Within a span of a few years it evolved to where the cafe part was nonexistant, and it was pretty much rows upon rows of PCs crammed to the brim with whatever FOTM Korean MMOs were available. And WC3/CS. Then they proliferated till every row of shops had like one or two of them.

RalchAC

There is one where I live called Barcraft. It has a Warcraft like banner.

I haven't gone there, but I think that they show on TVs streams like LoL tournaments and stuff.

Schnei871

Be careful if you're selling pikachu burgers, the pokemon company will probably sue you out of existence

I've contacted Nintendo with my business plan and am waiting for a response. It is something I am cautious about but I'm optimistic we'll find other great menu items if they say no

mcz117chief

Awesome idea (I voted for Fat Chocobo but Phoenix Down is a good name too). I just have one question. How can you sell this kind of stuff without violating some kind of copyright?

Cleve

Be careful if you're selling pikachu burgers, the pokemon company will probably sue you out of existence

Yeah. I love what you're doing OP, but remember that guy they sued just recently for throwing a pokemon themed party at e3?

There's a big market for this kind of place, but reaching it will be the challenge. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

-edit- I like the World 1-1 idea, but I'd drop the world from it. It's dumb, but unless it's a proper name, usually you'd want to keep a bar's name as simple and few syllables as possible.

Cleve

Somehow this brings to mind that analogy/argument where the game is the burger, and DLC are the extras like fries and drink, hahahah

This is 2015 man, the dlc is the cheese, lettuce, and the tomatoes too. Gotta get that season pass

massoluk

Banned
Uhhh can you really do Nintendo theme food? Don't you need permission or something?
I've contacted Nintendo with my business plan and am waiting for a response. It is something I am cautious about but I'm optimistic we'll find other great menu items if they say no
Oh, nevermind

The Last Level and Bits and Bites are the best sounding ones.

I can picture someone saying let's get something to eat at The Last Level or at the Bits and Bites, not so much with some of the others.

CivRab

Watch out with that Pikachu burger, we know how the Pokemon company love to sue for intellectual property breaches

Top Bottom