• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name for a Video Game Themed Bar / Restaurant

Thank you. I'm particularly proud of the last one since I think it works multiple ways.

You see, if someone says it fast enough it will sound like 'come eat' and when they enter the restaurant, they will liken the 'comp' to be short for computer. But those familiar with games will see it as a play on '100% complete' or if they are the competitive type, they will see it as 'compete.'
Yeah, it's probably the worst on that list though. Really awkward to say.

Schnei871

They also have a burger called the Triforce that looks just like yours in OP ;)

I guess you used some stock / public domain photo but you should be careful with that too. It's not easy...

A lot of the drinks come from The Drunken Moogle as well. That is a fantastic website

mclem

The Zone.

Nods to the various games that use "Zone" to mean level, plus "Where are you?" "I'm in The Zone".

the-code.jpg

Also, make sure you have a Jill Sandwich on the menu.

Actually, we do have Up Down here in KC.

8.1.-Up-Down-700x933.jpg

already existed, courtesy of Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw and some associates

closed back in may unfortunately

Yea unfortunately this isn't the best business model. I don't mean to be rude, it's just by creating a business so dedicated to one type of patron, (hardcore gamers) you're essentially making it unpalatable to anyone outside that culture (I mean a very specific niche of gamer too). The whole premise revolves around the activities and novelty of the restaurant. Those things do not really keep customers consistently coming back. If you have a lot of tourists, maybe. But that's still fairly volatile.

My opinion is this.

Do- Focus on a more tonal ambiance, Gaming can be thematic, the consoles and everything away from the main area is fine. But having gaming constantly blaring in your face isn't a great idea. Many people will like the idea, but will come to the restaurant with friends to chat and have a few drinks. That's the bread and butter customer. Don't assume your average customer should be coming in to play video games and watch E-Sports. If that's the case, why make a Restaurant/bar? The E-Sports stage is too much for me personally.

Do- Make sure food on the menu is stylized mostly in name only. DO NOT sacrifice quality for aesthetics.

Do - A rotating menu. Don't put too many items on the menu at a sacrifice to quality because of the amount of items you have to keep preserved. I know you wan't to have a variety of gaming inspired dishes, but it's better to have a smaller menu with items that will surprise people because the food is fresh and quality high. Then rotate the menu to new gaming themed items as it's fun for customers and gives some incentive to return and try new things out.

I mean that's just a few tips, I know it's not what the thread is about... I just feel I had to say something based on the picture I saw.

Top Bottom