• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Napster Coming To Wii U In Europe

n64coder

I went to look for Napster because of this thread. It seems that it's actually Rhapsody. I guess Nintendo thought that Napster had better brand recognition than Rhapsody?

Sojiro

Money good!
Napster bad!

The biggest news about this, is the fact Napster is still around. Not a name I have heard for a damn long time.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
a-bounce.gif
I like neopets, dragon ball z, invader zim!!! and spriting and I hate school especially dylan, dylan if youre reading this stop telling everyone im gay, im way better at soccer than you
a-swipe.gif

Super+Butouden+3+Gameplay+1.png
latest
sephirothcg.jpg

Join my webring!

Darksol

I heard they will also have the exclusive rights to ICQ. Also, every membership will come with 50 free hours of internet, provided by AOL.

Hermii

Nintendo really is all about that nostalgia.

Had to read the threat title a couple of times before it sank in.

Yahoo Messenger support when?
fake edit: oh wow, that still exists
"Allows you to instant message with anyone on the Yahoo server." ANYONE*
*on yahoo

Effect

I went to look for Napster because of this thread. It seems that it's actually Rhapsody. I guess Nintendo thought that Napster had better brand recognition than Rhapsody?

Got confused for a minute there. I was sure they had been bought by and then merged into Rhapsody. Had to go and double check as well. Rhapsody still uses the name Napster and it's logo for things. It's a brand that people remember. The whole service is similar to Spotify if I recall as well.

Napster might be the brand they still use in Europe vs Rhapsody in the US. Napster.com just forwards to Rhapsody.com here. The logo is still at the bottom of the pages but that's it.

For those interested in checking it out.

http://www.rhapsody.com/

nelo_inc

I only use Youtube & Crunchyroll on Wii U,32 Gb is nothing!

I might try this,but i'm not expecting much out of it!

deleted

Napster isn't that bad a choice if you want to use Spotify, but can't get Spotify.

Was at a party recently that streamed via Napster.

The question is - how is this implemented? Can it stream in the background while playing games?

Effect

It got a relaunch.

It's the same as Spotify currently. Or Apple Music / Deezer, etc.

http://de.napster.com/

Probably not the largest service, cooporates with Sony Music, Universal and Warner Music.

Questioned this above but I think this might confirm it. Thanks for the link. Naspter as a brand is still used in Europe. In the US or just North America at large it isn't but instead it's called Rhapsody. That's why this might appear strange to people.

Guymelef

Questioned this above but I think this might confirm it. Thanks for the link. Naspter as a brand is still used in Europe. In the US or just North America at large it isn't but instead it's called Rhapsody. That's why this might appear strange to people.

I can speak as European and for the 99% of the Europeans, this is still strange.

Top Bottom