• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Napster Coming To Wii U In Europe

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
We have a new insider here.
plf1ne8rdoh5.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
"What do the cool kids like?"
"Music!"
"Which service could be partner with?"
"Napster!"

Jockel

Joke all you want, I'm actually subscribed to Napster
because it came free with my phones data plan
and am mildly looking forward to this. It's not Spotify, but it's not useless or anything.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Joke all you want, I'm actually subscribed to Napster
because it came free with my phones data plan
and am mildly looking forward to this. It's not Spotify, but it's not useless or anything.
It's known but I'm already locked in on Spotify land.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
So, my Wii U just downloaded Napster by itself.

For a moment I thought I was back in 1999.
That'd have been a serious paradox, as consoles did not download anything by themselves in 1999 ;p

Funny that Napster is now known as a Spotify competitor when it actually existed in this form long before Spotify even existed.

It's just that Spotify came up with the free tier with ads, and got all their users that way. Napster streaming was always pay only.

Plum

So, my Wii U just downloaded Napster by itself.

For a moment I thought I was back in 1999.

I thought for sure my Wii U had somehow got some form of virus since I hadn't heard the news. I know, I'm stupid.

Deleted it now anyway.

Fisty

Man i still remember that Napster update that let you listen to the song before it was finished downloading to make sure it was the right one. That was probably one of the greatest technological achievements of all time.

Zomba13

Just turned on my Wii U and found it downloaded Napster. WTF? Napster is still a thing? Of course Nintendo would partner with Napster.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Why do a lot of people in this thread think Nintendo is developing this? It doesn't make any sense.

When are we getting Realplayer? I've been waiting forever.
You just have to give it a bit more time - it's still buffering.

Anyway, I wish I saw this as bit earlier, as I've already jailbroken mine and installed mIRC on it. Anyone know any good fserves on UnderNet?

I just wanted to say that there is a lazy joke in this, but I am too much lazier than the lazy joke in this to bother.

Real question: where do the Wii U, PS4, and XB1 stand on having Spotify, Pandora and the like?

Top Bottom