• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

brinstar

Himawari seems stronger than Hinata with the Byakugan. Fuck Burrito, it should've been Himawari as the main. Scary as fuck and she would actually be a proficient Byakugan user. New cast should've been Himawari, Sarada and Shikadai confirmed. I'm on Bolt's fucking manga now, one page in and Konoha is reduced to the size of an ant hill again by some guy with a shitty hair stylist. Why can't this new dude draw Hinata? Hinata practically looks like this in one panel:
2013551-list_2_26_20101214_085150_874.jpg

god im crying from laughter, almost spit out my morning coffee

Himawari's a cute kid and all, too bad new dude draws her to smile like a cookie cutter shark. Guy puts more effort into drawing a cooked chicken than into Himawari and Hinata...it's a crying shame.

This dude didn't even attempt to draw adult Gaara at all. The only reason I know that him Naruto is with in that picture is cause I've seen the movie. Gaara looks like somebody with a blatant head injury is wearing the skull face camo from Metal Gear Solid 3. When Shikamaru ran into the room to help Naruto after he fainted it looked like the back of Shikamaru's head was on fire. Who's that ringing at the the door? Why it's Pantene Pro V Sasuke Uchiha!!! Motherfucker can't even draw Sasuke's off model hair consistently. Oh god I'm done, I'm finally fucking done. Reading that shit made my eyes bleed.
tumblr_inline_nl8hpnGO651r20ypy_400.jpg

Ikemoto...
T8rR8yE.jpg

My god, that plain pale face creature called "Hinata" is just ghastly. Just change her name to "Ghost Face Killah" that's not Hinata.

Fj0823

Guys guys. CLEARLY as this is all a Genjutsu,Narutos heart is fighting through the ilusion,rejecting Hinata (who is only a bitch with big boobs) by seeing her uglier and uglier (and thus her boobs get smaller) until his desire for perfect waifu Sakura-chan finally breaks the infinite Tsukuyomi allowing Nardo to marry his one true love...

Guys guys. CLEARLY as this is all a Genjutsu,Narutos heart is fighting through the ilusion,rejecting Hinata (who is only a bitch with big boobs) by seeing her uglier and uglier (and thus her boobs get smaller) until his desire for perfect waifu Sakura-chan finally breaks the infinite Tsukuyomi allowing Nardo to marry his one true love...
So he's going to marry Sasuke?

I don't think we should be posting entire pages of the manga.

Naruto spent the entire manga chasing after his waifu Sasuke but in the end he didn't get the adored forehead poke ;____;
Did you guys not see how he wanted to leave with Sasuke, without a second thought, on the dimension hopping mission? Poor Nardo.

Pretty sure Hinata is getting a better kind of poke on the regular from Naruto while Sakura can't even get a kiss.
Not currently since Lord 7th barely even comes home. I guess when your little daughter one shots your ass you don't bother showing your face again.

My comment was clearly sarcastic but I guess I should go along with it now.
Hinata was a good consolation prize for Naruto after Sasuke.....but not good enough.

Not currently since Lord 7th barely even comes home. I guess when your little daughter one shots your ass you don't bother showing your face again.

more like when you have a son that prefers you to be dead. Himawari is the light.

Hinata should of schooled him right there. Would of loved to see Sasuke's reaction if Boruto said that to him.
Oh god that would've been funny. Sasuke trying to cheer up Burrito ended up being mostly a tear down of his personality. I can't even imagine him trying to actually discipline him. Might explain why Sarada doesn't really behave that stupidly with Sasuke. She kind of chides the guy, but I think Sasuke knows when she's really being serious though. Sasuke probably would've told him that if I still had my parents I'd have both arms right now.

rambis

Banned
He stumbles in at night sometimes. I mean they've already squirted out two kids. I think at the very least Hinata is getting more D than the other women. Thats probably why she doesn't mind him playing Hokage all day.

He stumbles in at night sometimes. I mean they've already squirted out two kids. I think at the very least Hinata is getting more D than the other women. Thats probably why she doesn't mind him playing Hokage all day.
They are the only ones with two kids, which is odd. It makes sense with Chouji, but the rest? No. Granted the only couple that I've seen interact pre Boruto was Temari and Shikimaru so I have no idea what the other chemistry's are like
I don't mind Sarada being a tsundere to Sasuke.
I reckon Sasuke would have just bluntly told him to stop lying to himself.
Bolt didn't even come around until he met Sasuke. That stupid kid probably just needs a heavy dose of I have no time for this shit bluntness.

are we basically now BFFs

I mean Hima fandom and Bright swagness
Probably. Not our fault Bolt was raised by burger chewing command chair lounging ZZ Bright Noa and not Bright slapping da god OG and Zeta Gundam Bright Noa. Hima's cool, actually has depth and if played with right could be a funny, but scary main lead, but nope, we get Burrito. Imagine if fucking Hathaway trash talked Bright like Bolt trash talks Naruto?

Probably. Not our fault Bolt was raised by burger chewing command chair lounging ZZ Bright Noa and not Bright slapping da god OG and Zeta Gundam Bright Noa. Hima's cool, actually has depth and if played with right could be a funny, but scary main lead, but nope, we get Burrito. Imagine if fucking Hathaway trash talked Bright like Bolt trash talks Naruto?

Bolt is basically the play it safe approved for business character

a character that guys in suits siting at a board meeting would approve and like and then later blame the youth for not liking him

Khezu

Due to demographics and all, the series always needed a boy main character.
Could have gone with a male Uchiha and had Hima as a side character, but I kinda like having a female Uchiha more, since we didn't get much of that.

The other choices would have been to have Bolt and Hima be twins on the same team with Sarada.

Or have Mitsuki be the main character and have a team with Sarada and Hima.

Could have gone with a male Uchiha and had Hima as a side character, but I kinda like having a female Uchiha more, since we didn't get much of that.

The other choices would have been to have Bolt and Hima be twins on the same team with Sarada.

option 2 and 3 sounds nice

sadly though as we saw right now Sarada basically lost her relevance as a rival to some random scarf Mohawk kid

Options 2 and 3 sound cool. I imagine Sarada and Himawari would have a fun playful chemistry. Option 3 sounds like a rather rational combo.

Bolt is basically the play it safe approved for business character

a character that guys in suits siting at a board meeting would approve and like and then later blame the youth for not liking him
Bolt is like a Call of Duty game.

Boruto is just nowhere near as likeable as Naruto, thats the problem. Sarada is a better lead but Ikemoto/novel writer doesn't have the balls for that. Mitsuki is an interesting addition but is being overshadowed by his team mates. Kishi handled it fine in his new era projects (Boruto movie, Gaiden and one shot).

Ikemoto and team hilariously think that the entire story should be around Boruto's story: a lead that is not even well liked.

Himawari is irrelevant. Not as irrelevant as Mirai though ;___;

Have I even seen Mirai in anything? Himawari is already the Hinata of the new series. "What's that blob looking thing playing with a ball? Oh its just Himawari." Same with her now pale faced soul eating mom creature.

rambis

Banned
Boruto was the most successful movie in the franchise. I think alot of people wanted a Boruto mange albeit drawn by Kishi. Don't really know how anybody can quantify that people don't like him lol.

Sarada could work as a lead I guess but the series popularity would tank and we probably wouldn't get much more. I'm also tired of Uchiha fuckery so idk how much I could get into her. Hopefully she gets better treatment than sakura at least.

Boruto was the most successful movie in the franchise. I think alot of people wanted a Boruto mange albeit drawn by Kishi. Don't really know how anybody can quantify that people don't like him lol.

Sarada could work as a lead I guess but the series popularity would tank and we probably wouldn't get much more. I'm also tired of Uchiha fuckery so idk how much I could get into her. Hopefully she gets better treatment than sakura at least.
Cause he acts like a piss ant and he's really not that unique. But Sarada doesn't act like Sasuke or Sakura and she'd be different from the way Naruto was, it would have a different sort of energy to it. Plus we'd get to see how a non fucked up Uchiha with actual patents would act.

rambis

Banned
Cause he acts like a piss ant and he's really not that unique. But Sarada doesn't act like Sasuke or Sakura and she'd be different from the way Naruto was, it would have a different sort of energy to it. Plus we'd get to see how a non fucked up Uchiha with actual patents would act.
I thought he was very unique. Doesn't have some cliche insane work ethic and would rather take the smart, lazy route. No cliche goal of being the best ninja or whatever, is honestly non-shalant about the whole ordeal. He actually seems to take losses which Naruto rarely did after part 1. And seems to want to shake things up. I like that he doesn't have a clear motivation yet instead of hearing the same thing ad nauseam like Naruto becoming Hokage.

Other than physical characteristics or skill levels I can't compare him at all to other characters.

I thought he was very unique. Doesn't have some cliche insane work ethic and would rather take the smart, lazy route. No cliche goal of being the best ninja or whatever, is honestly non-shalant about the whole ordeal. He actually seems to take losses which Naruto rarely did. And seems to want to shake things up. I like that he doesn't have a clear motivation yet instead of hearing the same thing ad nauseam like Naruto becoming Hokage.

Other than physical characteristics or skill levels I can't compare him at all to other characters.
The kid just seems directionless. Didn't want to do shit and cheated until he met the dude that blew off his dad's arm without even asking why he's got one arm. He's like the kid that sees a fresh off the boat WWI vet with a hook for an arm an aspires to be like said vet without even asking for the story that led to him having a hook for an arm. Even Sarada learns from Sasuke's mistakes.

rambis

Banned
The kid just seems directionless. Didn't want to do shit and cheated until he met the dude that blew off his dad's arm without even asking why he's got one arm. He's like the kid that sees a fresh off the boat WWI vet with a hook for an arm an aspires to be like said vet without even asking for the story that led to him having a hook for an arm. Even Sarada learns from Sasuke's mistakes.
He knows that Sasuke and Naruto were rivals. I'm fairly certain thats his whole reason for seeking Sasuke out. First thing he asked Sasuke is what is Naruto's weakness. He's probably plotting on taking Naruto out himself lol.

He knows that Sasuke and Naruto were rivals. I'm fairly certain thats his whole reason for seeking Sasuke out. First thing he asked Sasuke is what is Naruto's weakness. He's probably plotting on taking Naruto out himself lol.
That wasn't making it easy to side with him. "I hate my dad cause he's never around so in order to make it right I'm going to kill him." Good logic Bolt, you'd tragically scar your mom and sister and Himawari would probably flat out kill him for that. Sasuke would probably call him a loser.

Boruto movie was successful not due to Boruto. It was successful due to being the finale of the series, showing fans a peak of the new generation as well as the original cast with a good mix . Sasuke was a big focus on the film as well which is something fans and Kishi have wanted. Heck the highlight actions scenes were all Sasuke and Naruto.

Funny because Gaiden has become one of the best selling Naruto volumes ever, even outselling volumes 70 and 71.

Fans wanted a manga on the new era not a manga focused solely on Boruto's story.

rambis

Banned
PM im sure you don't like Boruto but again I dont know how you think you can speak for millions of people and their tastes. Especially considering most Naruto fans are out east. I don't know what good such pointless and unquantifiable statements like "buhh fans liked X not Y" does when you have absolutely no way to gauge that....

I also don't know what the hell you mean about the new manga soley being about Boruto
That wasn't making it easy to side with gum. "I hate my dad cause he's never around so in order to make it right I'm going to kill him." Good logic Bolt, you'd tragically scar your mom and sister and Himawari would probably flat out kill him for that. Sasuke would probably call him a loser.
I think Sasuke wants him to surpass Naruto. Which is why he told him that only he could

rambis

Banned
Gaiden was like the first time we saw Naruto as Hokage for an extended time and the first time we saw Adult Sasuke and Sarada. And it was promotional material for Boruto, the best selling movie. I mean, no shit it sold well.

rambis

Banned
Clearly the solution is to launch both of them into space and give the people more Sarada.
Speaking of this, I really hope they don't go to fucking Namek or whatever. Im scared. Seeing as the last three villians have come from space.

Khezu

It's generally too early to say where Bolt will end up as far as protags go, we have barely got any real time with him.

Not to mention the story is going to be done by a completely different writer, everything is going to change.

The cold opening not showing Sarada or Mitsuki is a bit worrying though, as they might end up being side characters, only existing to further Bolts arc.

Top Bottom