• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

rambis

Banned
It's generally too early to say where Bolt will end up as far as protags go, we have barely got any real time with him.

Not to mention the story is going to be done by a completely different writer, everything is going to change.

The cold opening not showing Sarada or Mitsuki is a bit worrying though, as they might end up being side characters, only existing to further Bolts arc.
I'm thinking Kishi is still deciding the overall direction of this series. He may not get involved with the minor plots but overall he will decide where everyone ends up. I feel the whole point of the one shot was to define Mitsukis role in the new series. He will serve as the dark counter to Boruto.

I feel like under kishi though the best they could've hoped for is being side characters. I mean look at how he handled Sakura. Or the other K13. I just hope they develop a decent relationship with Konohamuru. He seemed like such a prop in the movie.

It's generally too early to say where Bolt will end up as far as protags go, we have barely got any real time with him.

Not to mention the story is going to be done by a completely different writer, everything is going to change.

The cold opening not showing Sarada or Mitsuki is a bit worrying though, as they might end up being side characters, only existing to further Bolts arc.
Or Salad Chan and Mitsuki are just dead already.

And yet Boruto is the least interesting character in his own manga.

well this is the beginning of the Boruto movie so he will improve after this arc

plus after that we don't really know were he'd go after that

what I mean for Boruto is that he is a safe bet

I also think Sarada wouldn't be a good MC not because of her personality but rather she is literally a Uchiha and we had milked this Uchiha thing for too long

plus even if you add CES it is rather just boring on uncreative

rambis

Banned
well this is the beginning of the Boruto movie so he will improve after this arc

I also think Sarada wouldn't be a good MC not because of her personality but rather she is literally a Uchiha and we had milked this Uchiha thing for too long

Literally. Sorry salad but yeah I've had enough. She's probably gonna become the first Uchiha Hokage so that might be fun.

We've had enough Uchihas so lets make the main character a Naruto clone who has none of the original's redeeming qualities

Yado

We've had enough Uchihas so lets make the main character a Naruto clone who has none of the original's redeeming qualities

Aren't you excited at the prospect of all the bold new rasengans we're going to see?
tumblr_inline_n4qgs76L0B1soma0j.gif

Aren't you excited at the prospect of all the bold new rasengans we're going to see?
We've already had a Rasengan the size of Freiza's planet destroying attack. I'm tired of those too. Himawari could've gotten some hax as fuck Byakugan shit, but at least we've never seen that become OP minus The Last.
well he might have a single byakugan eye
Until he takes Sarada's Sharingan. Bolt's not even above that nonsense since he cheated through the Chunin exams. "But Boruto I need that to become Hokage." "I don't care Sarada chan this is easier than learning how to fight with one eye and improving my overall technique."

Until he takes Sarada's Sharingan. Bolt's not even above that nonsense since he cheated through the Chunin exams. "But Boruto I need that to become Hokage." "I don't care Sarada chan this is easier than learning how to fight with one eye and improving my overall technique."

Ummm not sure if you watched the movie but the dude only cheated to please his Dad

He'd likely still lose to that shadow technique though

plus he invented a new variant for Rasengan and knows some gentle fist

and on top of that he knows water, lightning, and wind affinity

even in this re-run the character description says he is a genius relative to Naruto at his age who was not intelligent (but really didn't mean anything due to such techniques)

still him getting one byakugan is lol compared to his sis who did at at the age of 6 or something and also sealed her Dad's chakra network

nevertheless post this arc he is not going to be as annoying since he was only acting stuck up due to stupidly disliking his father's absence

Ummm not sure if you watched the movie but the dude only cheated to please his Dad

He'd likely still lose to that shadow technique though

plus he invented a new variant for Rasengan and knows some gentle fist

and on top of that he knows water, lightning, and wind affinity

even in this re-run the character description says he is a genius relative to Naruto at his age who was not intelligent (but really didn't mean anything due to such techniques)

still him getting one byakugan is lol compared to his sis who did at at the age of 6 or something and also sealed her Dad's chakra network

nevertheless post this arc he is not going to be as annoying since he was only acting stuck up due to stupidly disliking his father's absence
I saw it. Bottom half of page 188 is where I start raging about Bolt's bullshit. I know he grew at the end, I think I just want something different and another blonde dude protagonist isn't going to do it for me. Naruto got better and I'm sure Bolt can too at least, I just found him annoying for most of the damn movie. I actually had complaints...about pretty much most of the main cast in Naruto as well if you search the animated thread or ask Rambis and Mantis cause...boy discussions where had and blood was spilt.

I saw it. Bottom half of page 188 is where I start raging about Bolt's bullshit. I know he grew at the end, I think I just want something different and another blonde dude protagonist isn't going to do it for me. Naruto got better and I'm sure Bolt can too at least, I just found him annoying for most of the damn movie. I actually had complaints...about pretty much most of the main cast in Naruto as well if you search the animated thread or ask Rambis and Mantis cause...boy discussions where had and blood was spilt.
Yes in the end of the day we need more verity and rehashed Team 7 won't do

Clearly the solution is to launch both of them into space and give the people more Sarada.

Sarada is the new Sasuke: the character that fans want to see more of to the extent that it undermines the MC.

PM im sure you don't like Boruto but again I dont know how you think you can speak for millions of people and their tastes. Especially considering most Naruto fans are out east. I don't know what good such pointless and unquantifiable statements like "buhh fans liked X not Y" does when you have absolutely no way to gauge that....

I also don't know what the hell you mean about the new manga soley being about Boruto

I think Sasuke wants him to surpass Naruto. Which is why he told him that only he could

Common sense. Do you think Naruto fans went to watch this film to see a character they hardly know about on his daddy issues or to see the finale of the series with the older generation interacting with the new generation. The latter is a far more attractive prospect and doesn't need to include the former. The fights were also really well animated which helped the word of mouth and one of the most popular if not the most popular character finally getting an important role. I'm sure I'v already mentioned how Japanese fans actually complained about the lack of Sasuke in the Last to Kishi.

Lets also make him go against the character that the fanbase has grown with for over a decade for reasons that are relatively small.

Wow, look at the new rasengan: Vanishing rasengan. How did Boruto do that?
.....he just did okay, because we need to give him something. What a genius.

Yeah I actually wanted to see what kind of moves Sarada has. Eye jutsu bullshit combined with Sakura's healing techniques and strength sounds like an interesting combination. At some point I'm picturing and Susano'o armored Katsuyu going into battle or it turning into a Sharingan tank that heals people. She already seems to be the better fighter cause she didn't really any kind of trouble in the Chunin exam, Bolt almost lost on numerous accounts. Sarada just one shotted some kid into a wall, she was clearly trained to whoop some ass.

rambis

Banned
I mean he looks like naruto, but thats where the comparison stops. I mean this is shonen, I'm not sure what you expect him to look like?

And yeah, the lovable idiot with crazy strength and work ethic. So original. Never seen that before...

[IMttp://media.tumblr.com/a6b74ecfd3ce08a951b86cb29e9/tumblr_inline_n4qgs76L0B1soma0j.gif[/I]

Boruto isn't Naruto. In even the 3 pages of new material he has already shown more variety than Naruto ever has. Only reason he even learned Rasengan was to please Sasuke.

Yeah I actually wanted to see what kind of moves Sarada has. Eye jutsu bullshit combined with Sakura's healing techniques and strength sounds like an interesting combination. At some point I'm picturing and Susano'o armored Katsuyu going into battle or it turning into a Sharingan tank that heals people. She already seems to be the better fighter cause she didn't really any kind of trouble in the Chunin exam, Bolt almost lost on numerous accounts. Sarada just one shotted some kid into a wall, she was clearly trained to whoop some ass.

I still can't believe Boruto needed so much help in the Chunin exams. Imagine if he was facing against people like Gaara, Neji, Lee or Sasuke. RIP

rambis

Banned
Boruto probably didn't really need help in the exams, everybody was already calling him the most gifted in the class. He probably would've lost to shikdai but being outsmarted by Shikamarus son is hardly something to cry about.

I still can't believe Boruto needed so much help in the Chunin exams. Imagine if he was facing against people like Gaara, Neji, Lee or Sasuke. RIP
Rock Lee would've busted his ass, he only lost to Gaara cause at that point in the show Gaara was broken as fuck. Sasuke would've Chidori'd his ass, Neji was good too, Naruto had to actually think during that battle and still almost lost.
Boruto probably didn't really need help in the exams, everybody was already calling him the most gifted in the class. He probably would've lost to shikdai but being outsmarted by Shikamarus son is hardly something to cry about.
Bolt would've lost during Capture the Flag. Only won cause he had the ninja tool with that one cause he didn't know how to handle that many shadow clones.
They only showed two. Its not his fault he didnt get blessed with massive chakra and can't produce many clones.
I think the bulk of Bolt's problem is at that point in time the kid didn't know how to think on his feet during "crunch time." He just seemed to panic and went "fuck it ninja tool jutsu." No. That's not cool, can't defend that shit. When was the last time we saw Sasuke for example resort to something that wasn't a part of his move list? Don't say Susano'o either. As OP as that shit is it's his. Hell now that I'm remembering it Bolt would've failed the first stage cause he was going to fall into the ink pool. Sarada and Mitsuki bailed his ass out of that shit cause they thought on their feet. Bolt just panicked.

Rock Lee would've busted his ass, he only lost to Gaara cause at that point in the show Gaara was broken as fuck. Sasuke would've Chidori'd his ass, Neji was good too, Naruto had to actually think during that battle and still almost lost.

Bolt would've lost during Capture the Flag. Only won cause he had the ninja tool with that one cause he didn't know how to handle that many shadow clones.

I think the bulk of Bolt's problem is at that point in time the kid didn't know how to think on his feet during "crunch time." He just seemed to panic and went "fuck it ninja tool jutsu." No. That's not cool, can't defend that shit. When was the last time we saw Sasuke for example resort to something that wasn't a part of his move list? Don't say Susano'o either. As OP as that shit is it's his. Hell now that I'm remembering it Bolt would've failed the first stage cause he was going to fall into the ink pool. Sarada and Mitsuki bailed his ass out of that shit cause they thought on their feet. Bolt just panicked.

Exactly. Even Sasuke notes his lack of battle sense.

What kind of weird clothes are these?

Summer clothes

They only showed two. Its not his fault he didnt get blessed with massive chakra and can't produce many clones.

https://sakuga.yshi.org/data/fbbf0a8cea4e454c3805c8b776db7dd9.webm

Its called skill. Maybe Boruto should get some.

What you don't like ninja summer clothes

Also lol at people saying boruto was crap during the chunin exams..I said the same. Put him in the ring with any of the rookie 9 and he'd get trashed
He'd at least be able to beat his mom...I think. Bolt didn't seem that good at Taijutsu. Whatever the case he lost the first real hand to hand fight we've seen him have against Shikadai and none of his parents are known to be Taijutsu masters either.
Naruto yes
Sasuke ha
Lee yes
Neji yes
Shino yes
Kiba yes
Shikamaru(he basically already did)
Choji yes

Fine maybe not the females
I don't think he'd beat Temari actually.

He'd at least be able to beat his mom...I think. Bolt didn't seem that good at Taijutsu. Whatever the case he lost the first real hand to hand fight we've seen him have against Shikadai and none of his parents are known to be Taijutsu masters either.

I don't think he'd beat Temari actually.
Shit I didn't even add the sand I was talking about the leaf. The sand team rekts him too

Either stabbed to death or poisoned,
Tamari would cut him to pieces with wind
Gaara...yeaaaa
I'm assuming they'd not kill him because you can't kill some dude during the Chunin exams...Gaara...yeah...would've just hit his ass with "Sand Coffin" and walk off the stage and just go eat some fucking cheerios or something.

I can't imagine why Bolt would lose to Choji, Kiba or even Shikamaru in his Rookie 9 days. Shino?? Really? lmao
I'll give Bolt Choji just on the basis that Choji just doesn't like fighting cause he's a gentle dummy. Both Shikamaru, Choji and Shino have a track record of being competent fighters. the only problem with Shino is the fact that he's rarely shown doing anything, but in all honesty I consider Shino like the bug version of Kurama from YYH. Give Kiba some credit, he did not make Naruto's fight easy and Kiba eventually almost beat one of the Sound 5. Shikamaru? You either have to out think or out last which I can't see Bolt really doing. Shikamaru is "weak" per se, but he makes what he has work for him.
Lmao! Did we watch part 1? Arguments can be made for kiba and shino if we want but no if we judge part 1 kids vs bolt right now yes they win
I would never give Bolt Shino. Shino would probably just swarm the kid with beetles, have them dismantle his fucking ninja tool and eat half his brain turning Bolt into a vegetable.

I'll give Bolt Choji just on the basis that Choji just doesn't like fighting cause he's a gentle dummy. Both Shikamaru, Choji and Shino have a track record of being competent fighters. the only problem with Shino is the fact that he's rarely shown doing anything, but in all honesty I consider Shino like the bug version of Kurama from YYH. Give Kiba some credit, he did not make Naruto's fight easy and Kiba eventually almost beat one of the Sound 5. Shikamaru? You either have to out think or out last which I can't see Bolt really doing. Shikamaru is "weak" per se, but he makes what he has work for him.
Choji has his pills BTW don't forget that. Shino gets slept on repeatedly and I blame kishi. As I stated he lost to shikadai there's my shikamaru win right there they're to smart for him as he is. Kiba as you said gave naruto a hell of a run,almost beat sound 4.

You should use Chunin exams part 1 though. Boruto could handle Kiba and Choji. Shino depends on the strategy and Boruto isn't good with that stuff.

Where would you guys rank Sarada?

You should use Chunin exams part 1 though. Boruto could handle Kiba and Choji. Shino depends on the strategy and Boruto isn't good with that stuff.

Are if we just use part 1 chunin yea kiba and choji no doubt lose. Shino nah idk.

Sarada..mm idk sharingan,sakura's strength,Quick on her feet and mind. Only seen one fight and it was her sending someone flying as well as breaking the ground apart "before" she even graduated. If we just go off what we saw yea sarada is above ol boy again just what we saw

Choji has his pills BTW don't forget that. Shino gets slept on repeatedly and I blame kishi. As I stated he lost to shikadai there's my shikamaru win right there they're to smart for him as he is. Kiba as you said gave naruto a hell of a run,almost beat sound 4.
I don't remember. Did Choji use his pills during the Chunin exams though? And with Choji he wanted to use them to win that fight for Shikimaru. I can't see him wanting to push himself that far just to beat on Bolt.

I think Sarada would at least have to be where her dad was at that point. I'm not sure just based on the little we've seen. We know she has to be good at Taijutsu cause Sakura must have taught her something and she's fucking stronk. She'd see through shadow clones easily and she doesn't seem dumb so she would be able to come up with some damn good strategies. If I was a rookie 9 I wouldn't fuck with Sarada unless I was Sasuke tier I think.

Anybody think Bolt could beat Ten Ten?

rambis

Banned

Lee can't be that effective against ninjas that use ninjutsu. Its always been his crutch. This is why he's o ly fought certain opponents. He can cancel out both Sasukes raiton and Sasukes katon.

CTF?

Lord forbid. Team 7 came close to elimination twice before the final round as well. Its called plot.

He does think on his feet though. He waits until the last moment usually to use the device. Those are very tense moments yet he knows exactly what jutsu to use, even if its with that device.

Sasuke? Did you forget he sold his childhood soul to Orochimaru for more curse mark hacks?

Exactly. Even Sasuke notes his lack of battle sense.

Summer clothes

https://sakuga.yshi.org/data/fbbf0a8cea4e454c3805c8b776db7dd9.webm

Its called skill. Maybe Boruto should get some.

Sasuke also called him a very powerful shinobi. Shadow clones have nothing to do with skill. They are a division of chakra. You can only divide what you have.

But Sasuke was tortured and almost died to get those curse mode hacks. Bolt was just given the tool. There was no form of sacrifice for the attainment of the ninja tool. Sasuke wanted the hacks for vengeance to kill his broken OP as all fuck older brother. I understand the comparison, it just doesn't match in my head given what Sasuke had to give up to get it. And I have no problem with tension and plotting. I just wish Boruto had a "what can I do" moment to get out of that situation. I don't consider any of the ninja tool moves to be part of his move set since they're just tic tac versions of everybody elses shit. I don't even think Sasuke sold his soul any way since Sasuke fucked his ass over in the end.

rambis

Banned
You're moving goalposts, JW. The crux is that Sasuke gave up on his own powers and sought hax. It doesn't matter what he had to sacrifice.

Sasuke wanting to kill Itachi is no more noble than Boruto feeling pressured to impress his dad, whom he shouldn't have to.

I don't remember. Did Choji use his pills during the Chunin exams though? And with Choji he wanted to use them to win that fight for Shikimaru. I can't see him wanting to push himself that far just to beat on Bolt.

I think Sarada would at least have to be where her dad was at that point. I'm not sure just based on the little we've seen. We know she has to be good at Taijutsu cause Sakura must have taught her something and she's fucking stronk. She'd see through shadow clones easily and she doesn't seem dumb so she would be able to come up with some damn good strategies. If I was a rookie 9 I wouldn't fuck with Sarada unless I was Sasuke tier I think.

Anybody think Bolt could beat Ten Ten?

I would put Sasuke higher. He had Lee speed, chidori and katon. Its hard to call Sarada since I'm not sure how the old rookies could tank Sarada's strength (Gaara definitely can) but yeah I would put her as a top tier.

Lee can't be that effective against ninjas that use ninjutsu. Its always been his crutch. This is why he's o ly fought certain opponents. He can cancel out both Sasukes raiton and Sasukes katon.

CTF?

Lord forbid. Team 7 came close to elimination twice before the final round as well. Its called plot.

He does think on his feet though. He waits until the last moment usually to use the device. Those are very tense moments yet he knows exactly what jutsu to use, even if its with that device.

Sasuke? Did you forget he sold his childhood soul to Orochimaru for more curse mark hacks?

Sasuke also called him a very powerful shinobi. Shadow clones have nothing to do with skill. They are a division of chakra. You can only divide what you have.

Look at this fanfiction. Where has Boruto been shown to create suiton or raiton jutsus that can cancel Sasuke's fire style or Chidori. Stop making stuff up.
Lee's gated speed and strength is already enough to school most ninjutsu reliant genin. I always laugh at the plot excuse and I don't see how anyone can be impressed at using a cheating device.
Even without curse mark, Sasuke was top tier.
DId you not see my video? Skill as in being able to CQC with more than one clone. Actual prodigies have it such as Sasuke and Neji.

You're moving goalposts, JW. The crux is that Sasuke gave up on his own powers and sought hax. It doesn't matter what he had to sacrifice.

Sasuke wanting to kill Itachi is no more noble than Boruto feeling pressured to impress his dad, whom he shouldn't have to.
I..I don't think that's an at all comparable situation

Sasuke attacked Itachi with everything he had the first time they met. Dude got his arm and several ribs broken for it. It might be goal post moving, but the way I see it Sasuke knew how his current power level stacked up and then wanted well more power. Even after getting the curse mark boost Sasuke still trained so it's not exactly like he just relied on that shit and even when he lost that shit he still trained. I think the sacrificing does matter though. Bolt loses nothing except some dignity by obtaining the ninja tool. Sasuke through away everything. He worked through the risk/reward ratio of his choices. Bolt just wanted to impress his dad cause he just seems rather short sighted and selfish regarding the matters of his family.
I would put Sasuke higher. He had Lee speed, chidori and katon. Its hard to call Sarada since I'm not sure how the old rookies could tank Sarada's strength (Gaara definitely can) but yeah I would put her as a top tier.
I don't think a person is tanking a SHAANARROOOOO Punch unless they have a Jinchuriki cloak. Though I could see base level Sasuke being better at Taijutsu. I'd like to think she'd really give Neji a handful though. She actually does have a formidable combination at her disposal.

Sasuke attacked Itachi with everything he had the first time they met. Dude got his arm and several ribs broken for it. It might be goal post moving, but the way I see it Sasuke knew how his current power level stacked up and then wanted well more power. Even after getting the curse mark boost Sasuke still trained so it's not exactly like he just relied on that shit and even when he lost that shit he still trained. I think the sacrificing does matter though. Bolt loses nothing except some dignity by obtaining the ninja tool. Sasuke through away everything. He worked through the risk/reward ratio of his choices. Bolt just wanted to impress his dad cause he just seems rather short sighted and selfish regarding the matters of his family.

I don't think a person is tanking a SHAANARROOOOO Punch unless they have a Jinchuriki cloak. Though I could see base level Sasuke being better at Taijutsu. I'd like to think she'd really give Neji a handful though. She actually does have a formidable combination at her disposal.

I don't think Sarada is quite up to Shippuuden's beginning Sakura's level. Her combo is pretty OP at its end game. Imagine Sasuke's taijutsu with Sakura's strength.

lmao

rambis

Banned

Look at this fanfiction. Where has Boruto been shown to create suiton or raiton jutsus that can cancel Sasuke's fire style or Chidori. Stop making stuff up.
Lee's gated speed and strength is already enough to school most ninjutsu reliant genin. I always laugh at the plot excuse and I don't see how anyone can be impressed at using a cheating device.
Even without curse mark, Sasuke was top tier.
DId you not see my video? Skill as in being able to CQC with more than one clone. Actual prodigies have it such as Sasuke and Neji.
What fan fiction? Bolt has Futon which cancels Raiton, he can use it with Rasengan which cancels out chidori alone. It doesn't take remarkable suiton to cancel katon lol.

Boruto did the same CQC thing versus Shikdai. If that was anyone else they would've eaten a Palm to the temple.

rambis

Banned

Ok, I'm missing your point and youre still moving goalposts.
They're not meant to be??

Top Bottom