• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

Niceu, I am a huge fan of Kushina so it would be a huge bummer if she were voiced by somebody else. Do you mean that she is only doing Sarada or Sarada and Kushina?

I only know she's doing Sarada. but I don't see why she wouldn't also be doing Kushina. The English VA's are all there from what I can see.

Dominator

I honestly don't like Naruto, but I've played all of these games since the first on PS3 and they are so damn fun, the controls alone make me love them.

I've gotten the story of Naruto exclusively through these games lol

MUnited83

For you.
I honestly don't like Naruto, but I've played all of these games since the first on PS3 and they are so damn fun, the controls alone make me love them.

I've gotten the story of Naruto exclusively through these games lol

It is the superior way of going through the story, imo.

mcz117chief

I only know she's doing Sarada. but I don't see why she wouldn't also be doing Kushina. The English VA's are all there from what I can see.

phew-obama.jpg

Well if Laura Bailey is doing one character then yeah, there is no reason she shouldn't be doing the others too. She was doing the VA for 3 and Revolutions.

Vex_

Banned
It's pretty much on point.

We've been in fillers since IDK when and now they're making some 'what-if' alternate reality fillers, they really are stretching it to the max since they know the anime is ending, but at this point...it's ridiculous.

Me and a friend aren't even taking a look anymore because we assume it's ALWAYS fillers. When we take a chance and check, well, we're proven right every time. :lol

On topic: Can't wait for this game, I hope it'll be a better game than its predecessor, Storm 3 left me hungry after the perfection that was Storm 2.

lol same here XD

we keep checking

Anyone play the prior games on PC? I'm wondering if the online community is active. If it's usually dead then I'll just get the PS4 version.

Anyone play the prior games on PC? I'm wondering if the online community is active. If it's usually dead then I'll just get the PS4 version.

I would recommend the PS4 version for a more active community. Thats where the vast majority of fans are at. The OP shows this as well.

MUnited83

For you.
Wow, that is intense :D

So this game is ahead of the anime is what you are saying?

Yes, the game will cover the rest of the story. The anime is still getting fillers and filler and fillers. There were like 8 canon episodes in 2015 lol

It depends. If you want to play just some casual matches you can always find someone to play with, and both Naruto 3 and Revolutions both have 200-300 playing it everyday. You probably have issues trying to play tournaments and things that require more players though.
The new one should be pretty active for at the very least a couple of months on PC, and it won't ever be really dead "dead". That said, the PS4 version will easily have a bigger and more active community altogether.

mcz117chief

Yes, the game will cover the rest of the story. The anime is still getting fillers and filler and fillers. There were like 8 canon episodes in 2015 lol

Wow, awesome! Such a shame I have already allocated my allowance for this month towards EDF on PS4. This year is just filled to the brim with ridiculously good games!

Wow, that is intense :D

So this game is ahead of the anime is what you are saying?

Shippuden finished in 2014. There have been two anime movies and a one volume manga series as sequels. A new manga sequel has just been announced.....and yet the anime still has not finished Shippuden.

mcz117chief

I can't even play the game cause I'm only at the Kage Summit arc. Though I know certain things, but still.

Well I am super light core fan of Naruto, I honestly only bought the third game because I really like the gameplay. I never watched a single episode or read a single volume.

But why can't you play the game? If the game follows the story then it won't be any different from the one you will see in the anime, right?

Well I am super light core fan of Naruto, I honestly only bought the third game because I really like the gameplay. I never watched a single episode or read a single volume.

But why can't you play the game? If the game follows the story then it won't be any different from the one you will see in the anime, right?
Cause it's spoils everything and I"m used to getting it through the anime which isn't even that accurate regarding certain things.

Have my eyes on this.. But if the PC netcode is ass backwards AGAIN, I will sure as hell not be buying it. Anyone hear any info about the netcode? Anything encouraging beyond 'We've improved it'.

Thread title is on point, I almost thought this games original delay might've been to let the anime finish first, of course it became rapidly apparent that wasn't the case at all.

I'm going to guess that most characters remain unchanged, which is to say playing as my boy Shikamaru will still feel like absolute dog turd, I was almost holding out for a playable Shikaku Nara for a second chance at shadow shenanigans but it doesn't seem like there's many new characters making the rounds here.

Ah well, mainly just here for that CC2 animated goodness.

Revven

Have my eyes on this.. But if the PC netcode is ass backwards AGAIN, I will sure as hell not be buying it. Anyone hear any info about the netcode? Anything encouraging beyond 'We've improved it'.

Nothing's been said about the netcode for any system.

jorgejjvr

lol basic combos are simply the same button with directional changes. Its a very easy game to pick up and play, though there is some depth and strategy in the combat that makes it more fun at higher levels.
Any updated videos as to the technical aspect or advanced portion of this game?

lol basic combos are simply the same button with directional changes. Its a very easy game to pick up and play, though there is some depth and strategy in the combat that makes it more fun at higher levels.
At least Ino, Temari, Ten Ten and Hinata are in this...Shizune won't even be dlc will she? In fact why is Ino in this? She can't even fight.

Revven

At least Ino, Temari, Ten Ten and Hinata are in this...Shizune won't even be dlc will she? In fact why is Ino in this? She can't even fight.

The only DLC is what's been already announced, they're not adding anything else besides the Sound 4.

Ino was grandfathered in from the previous games where in those games there weren't many actual new characters from the story. But the main reason she would be in is because she's part of one of the original Teams in Part 1.

I believe she was excluded at one point (might have been Storm 2?) but due to fan demand she was brought in.

The only DLC is what's been already announced, they're not adding anything else besides the Sound 4.

Ino was grandfathered in from the previous games where in those games there weren't many actual new characters from the story. But the main reason she would be in is because she's part of one of the original Teams in Part 1.

I believe she was excluded at one point (might have been Storm 2?) but due to fan demand she was brought in.
Damn, it's like I'm the only one that remembers the name of Tsunades secretary. She on any of the PS3 games at least? I like the Sound 4 though, especially Tayuya.

Shizune might have been an assist in one of them but she's never been playable.
I just checked and she's on the PSP and PS2 games what the fucking fuck!!! Can't even play my favorite ignored character in HD!!!!
tumblr_inline_mqhj1iqVts1qz4rgp.gif

It is quite clear the Naruto franchise just does not like that woman. Wow, even Karin is playable in this game.

exfatal

Yeah was also a big fan of shizune, and she was fun to use in the superior ps2 games. Alas they decided to cut her. And to be honest and hang done very much recently. Her 2 recent canon fights, was against kabuto which she lost and pain, if you can call that a fight... Shizune been slacking

Don't be talking shit bout Ino brah. Her techniques wouldn't work well gameplay wise so she has "filler" techniques. She's actually a really good ranged character.

The way I see the roster: you have a couple of trash characters that no one bothers with, vast majority of characters that you can use, and then a handful of godtier characters that will get spammed online.

Any updated videos as to the technical aspect or advanced portion of this game?

I've heard it plays like Revolution. There are loads of tutorials online, even character specific ones. Guess main stuff would be combo cancelling, making sure you don't waste all subs, learning to maneuver around your opponent and knowing how to set up combos.

Yeah was also a big fan of shizune, and she was fun to use in the superior ps2 games. Alas they decided to cut her. And to be honest and hang done very much recently. Her 2 recent canon fights, was against kabuto which she lost and pain, if you can call that a fight... Shizune been slacking
Because they needed a character that jobbed worse than Yamato. I actually liked her Kabuto fight, she spits poison. Seriously how do you ignore that? Are you counting the fight with Pain where Shizune got Shang Tsunged?
Don't be talking shit bout Ino brah. Her techniques wouldn't work well gameplay wise so she has "filler" techniques. She's actually a really good ranged character.

The way I see the roster: you have a couple of trash characters that no one bothers with, vast majority of characters that you can use, and then a handful of godtier characters that will get spammed online.

I've heard it plays like Revolution. There are loads of tutorials online, even character specific ones. Guess main stuff would be combo cancelling, making sure you don't waste all subs, learning to maneuver around your opponent and knowing how to set up combos.
But I like Ino. I just tell it like it is.

Edit:

If I can find one of the ps2 games with shizune in it then which is the best one to get?

Top Bottom