• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

One thing that's still a shame about this series is CC2 sense of prioriy. Many things can be explained away with limited human and money resources, but same make no sense whatsoever.

So, Tsunade gets her tilt tweaked in a such way,it's worth less notability than bytes that are used up to display this sentence. Yet, a fully ready and finished Byakugo texture they had for her in Storm 3 story mode is still NOT her awakening. Literally, just right click and then copy and then paste, CC2. It's LESS work than that tilt change people barely noticed!

Yet they develop entire two new perfect Susano'o for Itachi and Shisui, something they NEVER had in the canon, even replace Itachi's actually canon Susano'o in the process... But Juugo is still running around with his pajamas, his most signature form not present whatsoever.

Impulsor

So, yesterday I finished the first chapter of the story.

Gameplay is best in the series, the QTE scenes are mindblowing, the story is, as said before, told with both anime stills and real time videos, kind of a mix up of both.

Everything is really epic.

Happy with the purchase, for sure.

I had a dream last night that my CE arrived and the artbook was a set of 3 colouring books that weren't even naruto related, and it came with a ping pong table.

slade

I've got this preordered but I don't like how Bamco never released UNS's 1-3 on PSN. I stupidly gave away my copies of 1 and 2, never got 3, and now all 3 are hard to find locally. Their new collection of the first three games isn't coming to N. America either.

I've got this preordered. Hopefully arrives tomorrow, maybe even today!

Not really too sure what to expect, taken a leap of faith with it.

Edit:
XycZ7yO.jpg

cripterion

Oh yeah, there are still the typical CC2-Quick-Time-Sequences we love these games for, but everything in between seems to be gone. Whenever there's no fighting going on, it just cut's to anime stills and VO.

I'm replaying UNS3 right now and they actually went to pretty great lengths to present even the longest conversations in an interesting way, using many different camera angles etc. That's why I loved these game's story modes: They presented me a condensed version of the anime's story in an amazing looking engine. Yes, there were some anime stills here and there, but they were used sparringly. Now it's just..."Woops, someone put their weapon down, let's cut to some way worse looking anime stills!"

I also really don't enjoy the fact the game is so chopped up now. The game seems to throw you into a menu after every big fight, so you can choose the next one. No transition, nothing. Just Anime stills, amazing looking fight, Anime Stills, END. That's...still cool, I guess, but it's also such a huge step back compared to it's predecessor's.

With its reliance on largely already established characters and movesets and way, way shorter story mode I don't really understand where the ressources went into instead right now...The game looks amazing! But it also looked amazing before. Not THAT amazing, but still, pretty damn amazing :p

You could in UNS 2, got scaled back in UNS 3 and is now missing from the story mode in UNS 4 - however, you can traverse the world in a seperate "Adventure Mode", do fetch quests there etc. As far as I understand there are not going to be huge boss fights or quick time sequences or anything like that, you'll just be able to relive fights from the previous games in the samer manner as you would by choosing a 1V1 Free Fight match.

Ouch. That doesn't sound good.
Was planning to get this day 1, this will be purchased later on now.

Rising_Hei

Funny title and absolutely true, CC2 not only does what Pierrot doesn't, what them both do, CC2 does it much better, the game looks like 1000 times better than the anime

sanhora

Any idea how long it takes to beat the single player content? I'm going to be pretty disappointed if it's a lot shorter than UNS3.

Jashobeam

Any idea how long it takes to beat the single player content? I'm going to be pretty disappointed if it's a lot shorter than UNS3.

I dont know how long the story mode is but theres also an adventure mode where you get to free roam and take on quests.

Are there any characters with a high skill level?

Also what is "tilt"?

The puppet users probably.

Tilt is actually a flick, confusingly enough. You need to flick the stick in any direction, wait for it to return to neutral position and only then press attack. Sounds a bit convoluted, but actually quite simple.

moerser

i got two ps4 and two xone preorder codes to give away:

ps4

GCQ8-B9ND-62F5
G8P7-BDNA-EBNT

xone

CG92T-WWXPJ-MG4GQ-36MGT-Y7F9Z
GJGJ4-G9YDV-64YRJ-GPCXF-JVC3Z

have fun.

Dereck

i got two ps4 and two xone preorder codes to give away:

ps4

GCQ8-B9ND-62F5
G8P7-BDNA-EBNT

xone

CG92T-WWXPJ-MG4GQ-36MGT-Y7F9Z
GJGJ4-G9YDV-64YRJ-GPCXF-JVC3Z

have fun.
Looks like I was too late. Do these just go in the redeem codes box?

Top Bottom