• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

ramyeon

Just opened my package and I did not receive any preorder code :(

Does anyone happen to have any spare? I'm going to contact the store to complain but just in case...

Edit: Nevermind! They just e-mailed it to me today. Didn't expect it to be delivered that way.

Rudiano

Banned
Anyone else having the problem where screenshots for trophies are not working for this game? It started happening near the end of the game, when I got trophies for completing a chapter the trophy notification appears but also a message stating

"Cannot take a screenshot here"

Is this normal for certain trophies in games?

Anyone else having the problem where screenshots for trophies are not working for this game? It started happening near the end of the game, when I got trophies for completing a chapter the trophy notification appears but also a message stating

"Cannot take a screenshot here"

Is this normal for certain trophies in games?

After certain point in the story, recording is blocked. Same for streaming. As such, it doesn't let the system take screenshots for trophies.

Goddamnit my local game store has copies available now. I was gonna get it thru gamefly but those gifs made me too hyped AHH!!! This is what I get for buying The Witness too early.

iavi

So its a shit PC port 😕. These publishers need to get some consistency about them. I preordered this based on the previous ports of Naruto being alright and Xenoverse running really well.

ezodagrom

So its a shit PC port ��. These publishers need to get some consistency about them. I preordered this based on the previous ports of Naruto being alright and Xenoverse running really well.
When compared to the previous Naruto ports, it lacks resolution options in the game itself (only 720p and 1080p, have to manually edit the config.ini for other resolutions) and they replaced SSAA with the much worse FXAA...

Other than that it's comparable to the other ports, it seems (30fps lock, I had an issue with sluggish menus at first but that was fixed by rebooting my PC).

SoulUnison

Banned
Oooook, PC version is literally unplayable for me, but maybe my computer's just finally too old for new games?
Splash screens and menus run at something like 8 FPS and I hover around 12-15 FPS in-game.
And, holy shit, all the sound sounds like it's coming out of a broken cassette player.

I ran 3 and Revolution just fine.

MUnited83

For you.
Oooook, PC version is literally unplayable for me, but maybe my computer's just finally too old for new games?
Splash screens and menus run at something like 8 FPS and I hover around 12-15 FPS in-game.
And, holy shit, all the sound sounds like it's coming out of a broken cassette player.

If you're on Nvidia:

1. Go to Nvidia Control Panel
2. Click on "Manage 3D Settings"
3. Click on "Program settings"
4. Click "Add"
5. Search for NSUN4 in the list and click "add selected program"
6. Click on the drop down menu where it says "Auto Select: Integrated"
7. Change this to "High performance NVIDIA processor"
8. Exit and try the game again.

EhoaVash

Um I never been part of the whole pre order culture .so I have some question.

Can I preorder from the PlayStation store online?? I want the boruto and sarada preorder bonus but is that retail exclusive?? I really want to get this game digital so help? Also I saw this game listed on the ps store ...why is it $79.99 wtf.????

ezodagrom

If you have a laptop with a Nvidia GPU, most likely the game may be defaulting to the integrated graphics.

When it comes to audio, apparently have to set your PC's default audio format to something like 44100 Hz or 48000 Hz (someone in the community hub mentioned having 96000 Hz at first and it having alot of audio issues, and lowering to 44100 Hz fixed it, personally I'm using it at 48000 Hz with no issues,

ramyeon

Um I never been part of the whole pre order culture .so I have some question.

Can I preorder from the PlayStation store online?? I want the boruto and sarada preorder bonus but is that retail exclusive?? I really want to get this game digital so help? Also I saw this game listed on the ps store ...why is it $79.99 wtf.????
Yes you can, it says so in the description:

"Pre-order NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4 and get access to a set of exclusive rewards including: Boruto and Sarada playable characters and Kakashi in his hokage outfit."

It's $59.99 - the $79.99 one includes Season Pass.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...rm-4/cid=UP0700-CUSA02412_00-NARUTOUNS4000000

I can play Bloodborne, but I can't play UNS1, lord save me. I can beat Kikashi, but I have no idea how to do it with Ninjutsu, no idea how get mission xp, after the first survival exercise I ran around breaking pots for almost an hour.
enhanced-14836-1414320930-8.jpg

If you're on Nvidia:

1. Go to Nvidia Control Panel
2. Click on "Manage 3D Settings"
3. Click on "Program settings"
4. Click "Add"
5. Search for NSUN4 in the list and click "add selected program"
6. Click on the drop down menu where it says "Auto Select: Integrated"
7. Change this to "High performance NVIDIA processor"

8. Exit and try the game again.

I don't see this...Screen shot?

SoulUnison

Banned
Game might have literally killed my computer. Someone else mentioned that the menu and FPS issues were resolved after a restart, so I restarted and now my computer seems to be having trouble finding my hard drive as a bootable device...

This is a shitty day. Wait months for a game to come out, looks like I can't play it - no wait, I can't play *anything*. :p

EDIT: No, wait, I just needed to restart the computer a couple more times and let Windows Startup Repair fail a few times. But now my HDDS making the occasional popping squeaking noise... I wish I could afford some new stuff.

Momentary

Banned
The PC version is still better, but the port is barebones. It's not a crap port, it's almost a straight port with a .ini file to change settings.

That's the real slap in the face. Hopefully the Zestiria modders can get this game running at 60FPS. They did a damn fine job on a game that everyone said was impossible to run at 60 without breaking it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The PC version is still better, but the port is barebones. It's not a crap port, it's almost a straight port with a .ini file to change settings.

That's the real slap in the face. Hopefully the Zestiria modders can get this game running at 60FPS. They did a damn fine job on a game that everyone said was impossible to run at 60 without breaking it.

Impossible. The engine is keyframed to run at 30fps. If you try and force it, it'll just run everything at twice the speed, like fast forwarding a VHS

The other games were the same, that's why they were never modded in that manner.

CC2 are primarily a console dev and like many Japanese devs, don't really care much about giving extra options or polish to the standard PC gamers expect, as long as it works the same as the console versions.

ezodagrom

Impossible. The engine is keyframed to run at 30fps. If you try and force it, it'll just run everything at twice the speed, like fast forwarding a VHS

The other games were the same, that's why they were never modded in that manner.

CC2 are primarily a console dev and like many Japanese devs, don't really care much about giving extra options or polish to the standard PC gamers expect, as long as it works the same as the console versions.
It was the same for Zestiria actually, increasing the framerate made it run faster, but modders eventually found a way.
I'm guessing that most likely it isn't impossible, it just isn't worth the effort.

In regards to the character roster, do the reanimation versions of all the characters vary from the non-reanimation versions, or are they essentially costumes/reskins as well? I'm wanting to know how many "unique" characters there are this time around.

MUnited83

For you.

Well, according to the devs themselves, they rebuilt the engine and even based it on PC, and they also said initially that they were targeting 60fps on console, so I think people had some reasons to be hopeful for 60fps on PC this time.

iavi

When compared to the previous Naruto ports, it lacks resolution options in the game itself (only 720p and 1080p, have to manually edit the config.ini for other resolutions) and they replaced SSAA with the much worse FXAA...

Other than that it's comparable to the other ports, it seems (30fps lock, I had an issue with sluggish menus at first but that was fixed by rebooting my PC).

Ok, cool. So barebones, but solid port with an integrated graphics bug.

Crisis averted. That's about all I expected.

dorkkaos

So, I preorderd this on Bestbuy (ps4 version) and they sent me a code. I tried entering the code, but it says it doesn't work. Is it my dlc code or is the dlc not available for download yet?

Mediking

So, I preorderd this on Bestbuy (ps4 version) and they sent me a code. I tried entering the code, but it says it doesn't work. Is it my dlc code or is the dlc not available for download yet?

Hopefully its just that the DLC isn't available for download yet... Or Best Buy accidentally gave you a bad code.

Momentary

Banned

That's what was said about Zestiria and it was true when done by conventional means, but the modders didn't let that stop them from pulling some magic voodoo and making the game properly run at a silky smooth 60.

That's not an excuse anymore.

kiryogi

Banned
That's what was said about Zestiria and it was true when done by conventional means, but the modders didn't let that stop them from pulling some magic voodoo and making the game properly run at a silky smooth 60.

Yet the most recent release had yet to see that fix.

Oh shit, my Steam was showing that this would come out on the 6th. And now today it shows it's already out. Does that mean I won't be getting Boruto and Sarada? :(

cripterion

Jesus reading the Steam reviews... they fucked it up again? Again with 30 fps lock? Seriously?

I appreciate the influx of Japanese games on pc but for fucks sake put some damn effort into it, we're not your cash cows.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Well, according to the devs themselves, they rebuilt the engine and even based it on PC, and they also said initially that they were targeting 60fps on console, so I think people had some reasons to be hopeful for 60fps on PC this time.

They they didn't rebuilt anything. They recoded the engine based on x86 for the console release. That has nothing to do with 60fps, or even what goes into the consumer PC release which is largely the same as the past 2 releases.

As for "targeting", devs say anything about anything, and readers can start up rumors about anything even if those devs didnt say that. Assasin's Creed unity was supposedly aiming for 108060fps on console at one point according to statements even though everyone knew that would not be the case. It literally doesn't matter

Zestiria's engine isnt CC2's engine. I don't think you understand exactly that not all code or engines are the same

Momentary

Banned
They they didn't rebuilt anything. They recoded the engine based on x86 for the console release. That has nothing to do with 60fps, or even what goes into the consumer PC release which is largely the same as the past 2 releases.

As for "targeting", devs say anything about anything, and readers can start up rumors about anything even if those devs didnt say that. Assasin's Creed unity was supposedly aiming for 108060fps on console at one point according to statements even though everyone knew that would not be the case. It literally doesn't matter

Bro... they said in the SiliconEra interview that they rebuilt the engine and that the PC was the lead platform and that they were targeting 60. Get you facts straight and do some research. No one is making shit up.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Pre-ordered yesterday from Amazon. Hope I wasn't too late for the codes. (NA/PS4)

Tesseract

Banned
So as someone who knows absolutely nothing about Naruto, but likes a good fighting game, is this something I should be paying attention to?

Hellix

I just found out that instead of animating the scenes between the fights in their own engine and presenting them in their own way, CC2 decided to use kinda animated stills from the god-ugly anime I was trying to avoid for this game?

Why? Seriously, what in the world? The story mode isn't even half as long as the one in UNS3, which is entirely understandable considering the amount of story left to tell. The traversable semi-open world is gone and instead got it's own mode - which again, is fine because it wouldn't make a lot of sense in this game's storyline.

But in return I was expecting a full-blown Story mode with continous cutscenes. Not a half-assed mission select that fills up time between fights with stills from the anime. This is such a huge step back in comparison to UNS 2 & 3 :/

Yeah, I am pretty bummed out about this, since that is in large part why I like playing these games.

Top Bottom