• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

MUnited83

For you.
thats great news! thanks!

now just waiting on my key lol

Be aware that in this game's case, they are not getting the game from the publisher, so they make take a bit longer to deliver.
Similarly, don't expect to receive preorder bonuses(though you might be lucky enough to get them)

ship it

Be aware that in this game's case, they are not getting the game from the publisher, so they make take a bit longer to deliver.
Similarly, don't expect to receive preorder bonuses(though you might be lucky enough to get them)

oh thanks for the heads up. I thought all preorders got them.

MUnited83

For you.
oh thanks for the heads up. I thought all preorders got them.

All authorised preorders do, but GMG isn't getting the keys from the publisher, so wether you get preorder bonuses or not is completely down to luck. When they are sure to deliver preorder bonuses they list them on the GMG store page for the title.

Takuan

This looks magnificent. I haven't played a Naruto game since the PS2; I doubt I'll be playing much multi, but is the console netcode generally superior to PC? From the feedback here, it seems the latter is a mess.

Sorta OT, but why hasn't Bleach gotten a series like this? Is it just not as popular? I know there are a few out, but none of them seem to have gotten the same care as the Ultimate Storm series. I get that Bleach has been a joke writing-wise for a long time now, but I love Kubo's character designs and think they'd carry over well into this sort of game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This looks magnificent. I haven't played a Naruto game since the PS2; I doubt I'll be playing much multi, but is the console netcode generally superior to PC? From the feedback here, it seems the latter is a mess.

Sorta OT, but why hasn't Bleach gotten a series like this? Is it just not as popular? I know there are a few out, but none of them seem to have gotten the same care as the Ultimate Storm series. I get that Bleach has been a joke writing-wise for a long time now, but I love Kubo's character designs and think they'd carry over well into this sort of game.

CC2 really only works on the series they want to work on. I'm sure they could have made the same kind of Bleach game or any game from any series.

Jolkien

Considering Bleach anime has been cancelled a long time ago and apparently people in japan are extremely dissapointed by his work. I read rumors the manga could get cancelled before the end, no idea how true it is.

SilentRob

『Inaba Resident』;194270234 said:
Been hearing that this one actually runs at 60 on PC

A quick look at the steam forums suggests otherwise. According to quite a few threads it's also locked at 1080p max?

I just hope for an easy way to edit the ini to get 60 fps, as was the case with UNS3.

ezodagrom

When it comes to the PC version, from what's being posted in the steam community, it's locked at 30fps again, and for resolutions other than 1280x720 and 1920x1080, have to manually edit the config ini file, same thing to enable vsync and supersampling AA...

If this is true, their ports are just getting more and more lazy... *sighs*

I think I have the first ninja storm game. Is that any good? I got it from free years ago but never put any time into it.

I personally think it still holds up.
It skips over the Haku/Zabuza arc but at least its got wall running and jutsu clashes which got removed from its sequels.

Blazed

I just finished downloading the game on steam. The language is japanese though and i have no idea how to change it. I'll appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction, and i'll be really sad if somehow i actually can't change it :S.

Edit: nvm fixed it

thefil

Haven't been involved in Naruto since a few months after the time jump in the manga, but tempted to come back for this. :) Is there any kind of Naruto Abridged (not a funny one, just a compacted version) to catch up with?

When it comes to the PC version, from what's being posted in the steam community, it's locked at 30fps again, and for resolutions other than 1280x720 and 1920x1080, have to manually edit the config ini file, same thing to enable vsync and supersampling AA...

Lol, wth.

Will there be a PC perf thread for this game?

Bebpo

Banned
It makes me sad that the games are so shallow because they look fuck amazing. I mean with all these years you'd think they could slowly put some deeper mechanics in but maybe the issue is that any real change would mean redoing all the characters and the cast is too big at this point so they just make some new cool looking specials and call it a day.

Playing Asura's Wrath, the core combat is just as shallow. .Hack games and Solatorobo were good, but they didn't need much in terms of combat mechanics since one's an rpg and the other's an adventure game. Maybe CC2 just isn't cut out for combat in games, in which case they should stop making games all about combat or hire a new combat designer.

They'd be the perfect company for Telltale style adventure games anime-style seasons. Or arpg stuff like .hack was.

MUnited83

For you.

Lol, this is just weird, the previous games at least had v-synch, supersampling and arbitrary resolution support all in the menu setup. Oh well, at least the options are still there even if its a bit more of a hassle.

Graphics are amazing, some of the animations are just wow. Really like what they have done. I would have preferred animated cut-scenes over a slideshow though.

ezodagrom

Lol, wth.

Will there be a PC perf thread for this game?
Just finished downloading, yep, only resolutions options are 720p and 1080p, it also has options for FXAA (looks so much worse than SSAA in the previous games), shadow quality, motion blur and glare.

The menus are also incredibly sluggish, the previous Naruto games on PC were already pretty barebone ports, but this one is worse.

Also, tried enabling SSAA through the config, either it doesn't work or I did something wrong. Though, I'm gonna give it a week or so, if there's no improvements I'm gonna refund this.

Bio-Frost

Just finished downloading, yep, only resolutions options are 720p and 1080p, it also has options for FXAA (looks so much worse than SSAA in the previous games), shadow quality, motion blur and glare.

The menus are also incredibly sluggish, the previous Naruto games on PC were already pretty barebone ports, but this one is worse.

I cant believe I spent the last of my "fun" money on a crap port...

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It makes me sad that the games are so shallow because they look fuck amazing. I mean with all these years you'd think they could slowly put some deeper mechanics in but maybe the issue is that any real change would mean redoing all the characters and the cast is too big at this point so they just make some new cool looking specials and call it a day.

Playing Asura's Wrath, the core combat is just as shallow. .Hack games and Solatorobo were good, but they didn't need much in terms of combat mechanics since one's an rpg and the other's an adventure game. Maybe CC2 just isn't cut out for combat in games, in which case they should stop making games all about combat or hire a new combat designer.

They'd be the perfect company for Telltale style adventure games anime-style seasons. Or arpg stuff like .hack was.
They have slowly introduced deeper mechanics and subtle tweaks, (even can cancel in command), but the series had to come out yearly so they focus on what needs to get done first and foremost while reusing an absolute fuckton of assets. I don't think it'd be possible to make a game with animation this good with super deep fighting mechanics in the time frame they have. Undoubtedly the vast majority of the budget goes towards animation as well. Funnily enough their solutions for the more broken aspects have lead to even more broken aspects, like the punishment you receive when out of substitutions.

ramyeon

Just received my PS4 copy in the mail, at work though so have to wait until later tonight to try it out. Looking forward to it!

Couple questions:

1. Is it fully English dubbed?
2. Does it continue past where the anime currently is until the end of Part 2? Sick of waiting for canon material and I don't want to read the manga.
3. As someone who has never played a Naruto game before would it be worth jumping in?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Couple questions:

1. Is it fully English dubbed?
2. Does it continue past where the anime currently is until the end of Part 2? Sick of waiting for canon material and I don't want to read the manga.
3. As someone who has never played a Naruto game before would it be worth jumping in?
1.Yes
2.Yes it goes ALL the way to the ending.
3.Yes but it doesn't start from the beginning of Part 2.

Dereck

Also, tried enabling SSAA through the config, either it doesn't work or I did something wrong. Though, I'm gonna give it a week or so, if there's no improvements I'm gonna refund this.

yea I get 9 fps during menus :(

game crashes every time I try to quit.
Awww, what the fuck?

ezodagrom

Oh, rebooting my PC fixed the sluggish menus, though I just can't get SSAA to work through the config ini file.
It's possible to set resolutions other than 720p and 1080p through the ini as well, I just don't get why only those 2 are options in the game itself...

Guess I'll hope it's possible to get something better than FXAA through Nvidia Inspector...

Revven

Does the story mode end at the conclusion of the war, or does it go into the Last or Boruto/Naruto Gaiden series at all?

I think just the end of the war, but not confirmed still just a guess on my part.

If they cover anything of the Last I would be surprised because there aren't any playable enemies in the game from The Last.

Pangya

Been messing around with downsampling through the config file. At just 1440p with a Titan X, menus and in-game seem to be consistent 30 fps. However, around 4k and 5k the menus are just dragging, although actual in-game seems to still be a consistent 30 fps. Something is definitely wrong.

Top Bottom