• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Eh, Sheamus had awesome matches with Big Show during his title reign a couple of years back and Roman was having the best in-ring year in the WWE before being saddled with a bunch of crappy workers + Luke Harper for a few months, so I doubt they can have anything less than a *** 1/2 match unless the booking is really shitty.
It'll be one sided. Roman does his Superman come back. The league of nations will interfere out comes the usos who just lost, and New Day will follow. Then Dean comes out to eventually help and you're left thinking Roman will win but Surprise KO is now apart of this thing. Sheamus manages to brogue Roman through a table(don't ask me how) and climb the ladder. The League celebrates but after celebrating for a minute Cena comes out to chase them off.

Watched that Strong/Sabre match, and Strong's inconsistent selling of the damage Sabre was doing to the arm bugged me. Not seeing the hype for that match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's because Strong is shit and I don't know where this gimmick post of him being good came from in the ISEC other than the fact that he doesn't work for ROH or TNA?

His promos at BOLA were like Tough Enough contestant interview promos

also, who was right about Honma all along. Data. Me. This guy.
jiMRZFd.gif

First, that's historically how wrestling has always worked. The fact that the WWE lucked into two of the most popular draws of all time for a few years in the late 20th century wouldn't change that. If Hulk Hogan would've got hit by a bus in 1990, the WWF would've fell off a cliff. Hell, it kinda fell off a cliff when Warrior won the title and Hogan was still around,

But, the problem isn't that they're booking Roman well (in terms of his wins and losses - you can argue about everything else). The problem is that they're not booking everybody as well. However, instead of saying, "book more guys strongly," the Internet is saying, "book Roman as shittily as everybody else!"

Wrestling has always relied on big money makers to make the most money, but wrestling's strongest periods tend to be one in which there is a strong midcard to undergird the top guys, so as to attract the widest swath of potential fans by offering interesting, varied content at multiple levels of the card. Notice WWE didn't miss a step when Austin broke his neck, because there were multiple well-booked, over guys ready to step in and take his place while he was healing. Why was this not the major lesson of the Attitude Era? I'm not saying WWE could ever have hoped for that kind of roster depth again, but shit, if Roman got hurt tomorrow, doesn't Dean having been his "little buddy" for months, without any particularly notable feud of his own, severely hamper his credibility if they were to need him to step up for a month or two? I'm not even saying that from the perspective of "Dean should be top guy!", cuz Dean throws punches softer than Twinkies shaped like Drake, but fuck, how is it a smart business move to be so intensely focused on one guy that you harm the moneymaking potential of literally almost everybody else on the roster?

Well I whipped through RAW in about 30 minutes. It was as bad as you said. I don't want to just complain all the time, so I'll just say it was the same as always. There needs to be some drastic changes.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm sincerely curious why some of you continue to watch. I've only been following these wrestling threads for about 6 months, but with every thread I see the same people over and over bitching and complaining.

Is it some sort of addiction? What keeps you watching? You're clearly watching RAW and the PPV's.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm sincerely curious why some of you continue to watch. I've only been following these wrestling threads for about 6 months, but with every thread I see the same people over and over bitching and complaining.

Is it some sort of addiction? What keeps you watching? You're clearly watching RAW and the PPV's.

Most of the people here have been watching wrestling since the 80's. It's not that hard to imagine why they don't just quit.

Ithil

So why is Del Rio in this heel stable instead of Kevin Owens?
Del Rio is already in his own completely separate feud with Swagger, while Owens is supposed to be facing Dean Ambrose, who's glued to Reigns' foot.

Now several people are going to be in multiple unrelated feuds for no reason.

Top Bottom