• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natal yoga game out in October, say Amazon and GAME

Pooya

vg247

According to a pulled Amazon page and a GAME 360 release document obtained by VG247, a “Yoga Natal” title is set for release in October, adding credence to previous talk of the motion camera shipping that month.

The internal GAME release list, passed over by a source under conditions of anonymity, lists the fitness title at the very bottom at an “October” release. It’s apparently developed by Tradewest.

yoganatalgame.jpg

Amazon’s listing, which has since been deleted but cached, has it dated for October 29, 2010, for £17.99. That would be the final Friday of the month.
yoganatalamazon.jpg

This is the second time October has been mentioned in relation to Natal’s release, with Brit celebrity Jonathan Ross already dropping the date after seeing the system in action in London. Microsoft remained tight-lipped over over Ross’s slip.

and looks like a new World in Conflict game is coming out.

sohois

miladesn said:
vg247

and looks like a new World in Conflict game is coming out

That deserved its own thread. Who cares about Natal Fit when there's a sequel to one of the best RTS's ever made, even if it is activision.

Pooya

sohois said:
That deserved its own thread. Who cares about Natal Fit when there's a sequel to one of the best RTS's ever made, even if it is activision.
WiC for PS3/360 probably.

kikanny

WTF. If you wanna do yoga, then just do it. I dunno why the fuck you would need motion control/camera for that.

kikanny said:
WTF. If you wanna do yoga, then just do it. I dunno why the fuck you would need motion control/camera for that.
If I was to "just do" yoga now, I'd probably look like a dying octopus. I don't know how to do Yoga. You could also apply that logic to dancing, yet look at the huge success of something like Just Dance.

Having said that, I have no interest in doing yoga. Or dancing in my living room :p

kikanny said:

Presumably this would teach you how to do it. Camera would allow it to check you're doing it right.

GarthVaderUK said:
Presumably this would teach you how to do it. Camera could check you're doing it right.

Yeah this game is gonna be massive

I don't get Wii Fit but its a software/hardware giant. Yoga is the new 'hip' thing to do.

It's not as easy as it looks- that's why yoga instructors get paid obscene amounts of money :D

hiro4

Maybe it is just because I'm a father, but the first think i thought was that this had something to do with childbirth and pregnancy.

can;t wait for the photoshops.

Swittcher

Banned
This whole idea that MS and Sony are gonna take casuals and moms away from the Wii is asinine at best, embarrassingly apocalyptic at worst.

Bru

kikanny said:

My fiancée enjoys yoga and when she's not in her weekly class uses yoga videos to help her technique. I know she uses a similar mode in Wii Fit.

Isn't using a screen with motion control and a camera just an advancement of that?

Dynoro

sohois said:
Or its a budget release of WiC that someone put in the 360 category by accident.

But 18 squid is not a bad price at all for the Yoga Natal "game" (not saying I would ever buy it though) - and will tide people over until Just Dance Natal

Interfectum

Swittcher said:
This whole idea that MS and Sony are gonna take casuals and moms away from the Wii is asinine at best, embarrassingly apocalyptic at worst.

I'll make my prediction right now:
Sony Move = DOA
Natal = initially great sales due to massive MS hype, huge drop off in 2011

Prine

Banned
kikanny said:

I guess you have idea of form and stability. I bet your also the fatso waltzing around the gym telling everyone how to train.

JaggedSac

So the implication here is that Natal will release on or before October 29th. Sounds reasonable.

My girlfriend will probably be interested in this.

Hopefully they have a Live instructor during certain parts of the day that you can do yoga along with. Perhaps they could even have a daily workout that is recorded and can be downloaded.

Raide

Swittcher said:

They are just giving people other options. I am much happier having Sony, MS and Nintendo pushing out games, since it drives the competition and gives me options when it comes to buying my games.

If MS market Natal well (and Sony with the Move of course), then of course those people that use the Wii might start looking at other options.

Prine

Banned
JaggedSac said:
So the implication here is that Natal will release on or before October 29th. Sounds reasonable.

My girlfriend will probably be interested in this.

Hopefully they have a Live instructor during certain parts of the day that you can do yoga along with. Perhaps they could even have a daily workout that is recorded and can be downloaded.

Added Live functionality, record of your posture and progress, this could be the next evolution of non-game fitness application.

JaggedSac

Prine said:
Added Live functionality, record of your posture and progress, this could be the next evolution of non-game fitness application.

Yep. Developers would be idiots not to try and leverage Live's infrastructure. They could really do some neat stuff with the Party system and exercise games. Women could have their little workout group that they can go from workout application to workout application easily and still talk. The applications could even use the RGB feed to allow for everyone to see everyone else. Could be a good way to get people to work out if there is a group that you work out with around the country on a daily basis.

Besides turning on the XBox, the only thing necessary would be your body.

EDIT: Developers might even give an incentive for people to record their exercises by providing a marketplace of sorts where people could browse different exercises and download them.

onken

Prine said:

What sort of Live functionality?

Natal and XBox Live combined so that an instructor on the internet can watch what you are doing to make sure you do your daily exercises in your own home along with everyone else? Finally, reality has caught up with Orwell's vision of transceivers in 1984. :lol

Kolgar

Prine said:

Someone gets it. Technology is the way, baby. Minority Report and Demolition Man, here we come--even if I never will figure out what to do with those shells.

I welcome this. Both to broaden the audience and acceptance of the platform (and game consoles in general) and to broaden my own horizons.

Heck, I went and bought a Nintendo Wii just because of all of Sony and MS's recent noise about motion control. I figure Ninty must be on to something if the HD twins are falling all over themselves to catch up--and you know what? I've discovered a whole bunch of new experiences such as EA Sports Active, for example.

What does it hurt? Let's see where this goes.

Pooya

just saw the full GAME release schedule document, there are some very interesting things in there:
HAZE for 360?
Witcher Rise of the White Wolf published by Namco (Witcher1)
James bond Racing Game
MGS Rising Sep 24th
take it with a huge grain of salt of course.
I don't know if I can post the doc here or not.

unomas

Banned
Swittcher said:

Actually I think Natal will be able to take it a step further than the Wii has, it just depends on if people will buy it as a add on or not. My girlfriend who is a huge Wii gamer is getting Natal day 1, who knows if other people will have the same mentality, but people will react favorably to Natal.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
miladesn said:
Witcher Rise of the White Wolf published by Namco (Witcher1)
This existed, but ended up getting canceled when CD Projekt had mass layoffs in favor of entirely focusing on the Witcher 2. Probably a legacy entry. I imagine HAZE for 360 might be a legacy entry from when that game was multiplatform as well.

miladesn said:
James bond Racing Game
This was technically announced by Activision way back at an advertising summit as a game made by Bizarre. Supposedly they're making multiple Bond games actually.

Vizion28

Banned
I don't know how accurate Natal will be but I know for sure the games for it are going to be a buggy, gimped mess on par with worst shovelware on PS2 and Wii.

Why I think that?

1.Developers have no or very little with motion tech.

2. They have no experience making games for the broader market.

3. Hardly any top dev teams are working on any games for it.

4. Developers only had a little over a year to make for Natal releases this year.

I see Natal games will be a broken, shallow mess. Even still I do think it will sell well at least for the first several months.

Pooya

Nirolak said:
This existed, but ended up getting canceled when CD Projekt had mass layoffs in favor of entirely focusing on the Witcher 2. Probably a legacy entry.
that's right but I don't think Namco was ever mentioned as the publisher and now it has a date, Oct 1.

I think this would play to the strenghts of Natal pretty well. You need full body scanning and it doesn't have very fast moves to track. I think it can work well from a technical standpoint.

My guess it will be like Yoga training for people that don't have any experience in it. I could see the value in something like that, teaching you all the positions, giving you a balanced session according to your skill level, etc.

Not for me, but I can see it doing ok.

Edit: This is one thing where Natal should work much better than Move and probably the balance board as well, so it's a good idea IMO.

Vizion28

Banned
unomas said:
Actually I think Natal will be able to take it a step further than the Wii has, it just depends on if people will buy it as a add on or not. My girlfriend who is a huge Wii gamer is getting Natal day 1, who knows if other people will have the same mentality, but people will react favorably to Natal.

Take a step further with exercise and dance games and that's pretty much it. There are a lot of type of games you can't play without a controller.

Something like the wiimote is a more versatile interface than the body but I will be proven wrong.

ViolentP

CharlieDigital said:
P90X might be better with the vitality sensor (or some torso strapped version of it).

Watch your heart rate and calorie count on screen. That shit would be awesome.

I'll tell ya, this Natal stuff has done absolutely nothing for me. The prospect of a serious workout title piques my interest greatly though.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
you guys are kidding yourselves if you don't think they'll be several of these at launch and within the first 3 months after

Top Bottom