• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natal yoga game out in October, say Amazon and GAME

Aaron Greenberg said that Natal definitely won't be called Natal. So I should imagine that this won't be called Yoga Natal either, upon release.

I'd actually be up for a good Yoga game. But as this is from "Tradewest" we already know it's going to be shovelware.

Nirolak said:
This was technically announced by Activision way back at an advertising summit as a game made by Bizarre. Supposedly they're making multiple Bond games actually.

Wasn't the rumor that Bizarre was creating the racing part for this epic non-movie James Bond, and Treyarch were doing some third person parts and a third studio was also collaborating on the project?

Vizion28

Banned
Don't you think it's about time Microsoft announced the official name?

My bet it will be called Party Cam or something of that nature.

Tom Penny

jon bones said:
spoken like someone who doesn't do yoga

You know poeple who do yoga witha a motion control camera? That's news to me. A good friend of mine started a company that does online yoga classes with some of the best and world renowed yoga instructors in the world. You just do pre recorded classes with them. I'm not sure how Natal would make it significantly better.

Raide

Vizion28 said:
Don't you think it's about time Microsoft announced the official name?

My bet it will be called Party Cam or something of that nature.

So glad you're not in the Natal Project Naming Committee. :lol

Alx

Monty Mole said:
Aaron Greenberg said that Natal definitely won't be called Natal.

By the way I'm surprised that there was so few discussions on a potential real name of the device, or even a popular nickname for it.

As for the yoga game, it's one of the obvious uses of Natal, and it may have good sales. But it will be hard to come after WiiFit, which is already widespread and does Yoga among other things. The 3D camera may allow for different things, but for the target audience it may not be worth changing hardware.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Tom Penny said:
You know poeple who do yoga witha a motion control camera? That's news to me. A good friend of mine started a company that does online yoga classes with some of the best and world renowed yoga instructors in the world. You just do pre recorded classes with them. I'm not sure how Natal would make it significantly better.

that's not what i was saying

i'm saying you can't just throw down a mat and "start doing yoga"

the value added wasn't natal specifically but just some sort of interactive software that shows you what to do and how to progress. natal could be neat in that it could correct incorrect posture, like an instructor would.

Tom Penny said:
You know, you can get fitness DVDs. But people still buy Wii Fit. Lots of them.

Zen

Banned
Hm, depending on how good the depth measurement is, I think this is something Natal could only really pull off well. I mean how good have Yoga games been sans depth sensing, in the past?

Zen said:
Hm, depending on how good the depth measurement is, I think this is something Natal could only really pull off well. I mean how good have Yoga games been sans depth sensing, in the past?
I think it could do it well, if it wasn't a shovelware TradeWest game.

Top Bottom