• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NateDrake: A critically acclaimed Xbox 1st party title, in GOTY conversation for the year it released, will come to a competitor platform in 2024

bender

What time is it?
Or Pentiment. Those were my guesses
giphy.gif

SpokkX

Edit: hifi rush yes

Uh… Forza Horizon 5?

Halo Infinite does was not really goty material right?

Last edited:
This is a good shout
The other one that just occured to me is maybe a port of Age of Empires 2?

A PS5 version of Psychonauts 2 would be such a non story.

Just give the PS4 version a next gen update.
Yeah I don't trust the "met with a lot of excitement part". Leakers always over hype these things.

Got my fingers crossed for Hi-fi Rush though.

Last edited:
Pentiment for Switch (and PS5)
Hi-Fi Rush for Switch (and PS5)
Or Forza Horizon for PS5

Or all above :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I can't remember any other "critically acclaimed" title on Xbox/PC. 🤷‍♂️

Oh yeah, Flight Simulator for PS5. :messenger_dizzy:

Last edited:
Nate actually says it's not Redfall in the video (as both he and MVG start laughing).

Edit: Nate also says that Xbox fans are going to be a little surprised / shocked / annoyed that MS have ported the title in question.
If they reactivate the Backwards Compatability program with classic bangers at the same time I am still going to be ecstatic.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Last edited:

yurinka

I can't remember any other "critically acclaimed" title on Xbox/PC. 🤷‍♂️

Oh yeah, Flight Simulator for PS5. :messenger_dizzy:
Well, not sure if 87MC with 63 reviews counts as critically acclaimed. And same as Flight Sim, I think it's a good game but never was in the GOTY conversation.

In any case, I think both games are good candidates to be released in non MS consoles.

If it would be an unreleased title, I'd say a Gears remake or some sort of Master Chief Collection but for Gears.

Last edited:

Quantum253

That would be cool to get the Forza Horizon series on PlayStation. I enjoy arcade exploring-type racing games.
It would be cool to see a Flight X Arcade style too. I fell in love with Smugglers Run and Sky Odyssey on PS2 and would like to see something similar again.

SenkiDala

Maybe Moon Studios has got the Ori rights?
Ori 1 & 2 are already on the Switch. And there were good games but I never heard anyone talking about it as a GOTY contender.

Same for Hi-Fi Rush, yes it had good reviews and critical acclaim but I never heard about it as a GOTY contender.

Honestly a MS 1st party game that was a GOTY contender...

Starfield no, HiFi Rush no, Ori no, Redfall no comment, Halo Infinite no, Forza Horizon 5 ok why not but a racing game as a goty is pretty weird... Flight Simulator ? Those are awesome games but that's a very specific genre so as a GOTY... I dunno.

Anyway MS is keeping goin the road to become a 3rd party publisher, after Ori, Cuphead, Minecraft Legends, As Dusk Falls...

RedC

I believe it will be Killer Instinct after it's latest patch to PS5 and Switch 2 with cross-platform play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom