• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog senor artist Rogelio Olguin joins 343 to work on Halo Infinite

https://www.windowscentral.com/naug...s-halo-infinite?amp&__twitter_impression=true

For the most part, I know nothing about developers or who they are, with the exception of the few who posted on Neogaf on a regular basis, and an old family friend who works at Turn 10 Studios. Everyone knows Naughty Dog, though, a company behind several good games. So Im excited to see his direction in Halo Infinite. Gonna be a good one.

Edit: sorry about the typo in the title...

Last edited:

xviper

Halo infinite has potential, they better not fuck up, it's Xbox one's last hope, a SP like H4 and a MP like H5 would be enough for me, and include Big Team Battle from the beginning with real maps this time

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
A Sr. title != Management. So your comment about direction may be misplaced.

Just means that they've been doing the job a while and are probably good at it.

Last edited:
Halo infinite has potential, they better not fuck up, it's Xbox one's last hope, a SP like H4 and a MP like H5 would be enough for me, and include Big Team Battle from the beginning with real maps this time

They never once said Halo Infinite is a Xbox One game. And they said its years away.

So Xbone will be end of life and MS will be trying to sell thier next gen by that point.

Pallas

I don’t know or heard of the guy but ND are typically pretty talented so I imagine this was a good grab for 343. Infinite has potential, let’s see if they can nail it by returning to Halo’s roots.

Last edited:

Clauss

ñ

you dropped this.

Pretty stoked for this. I've been sleeping on Halo since H4. I never got an XB1, so I'm excited to check this out on PC. Chief is back, baby!!

tenor.gif

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
They never once said Halo Infinite is a Xbox One game. And they said its years away.

So Xbone will be end of life and MS will be trying to sell thier next gen by that point.

Pretty sure theres a listing from M$ saying it's an Xbox one game.

WaterAstro

Should be a surprise 343 hires the best in the business. After halo 4 naughty dog took corinne yu from 343 I believe
Yeah, it's really just business as usual except this guy is not well known while Corrinne Yu had been a poster dev for Halo 4. She's now at Amazon though.

If it was like Druckman going to 343, that would be something, but not one artist out of possibly a hundred.

HoodWinked

his artstation shows almost exclusively environmental art. i dont think halo was ever lacking in environmental design. i'm not really sure what would make the biggest impact to bring people back to halo at this point.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Martin Deschambault (Senior Concept Artist Ubisoft Montreal) is joining 343:
https://www.artstation.com/dechambo...m-joining-the-studio-343-industries-microsoft
On another note I wonder how Corrinne Yu feels about this development. She left for Naughty Dog because apparently Xbox sucks and now the reverse has happened.
I wonder if 343 is still in the mindset of hiring people who hate halo 🤔
Actually, 343i is silently purging people who hate Halo from there studio like Kenneth Scott (Corrinne Yu's husband), Kazuma Jinouchi and many more for the last few years.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

Xbox Ones last hope for what exactly? I'm confused by your post.

Skyn3t

Banned
Good that they're hiring new talents, but it's not a kind of breaking news. The industry is in constant flux, people join and leave studios all the time. Let's just hope that Halo Infinite will be as excellent as Combat Evolved, 2 and 3 were.

Hah, Cool! I went to college with him. He was a great artist. Funny to see an article posted about him. He made a very gears of war styled short film i believe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom