• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all saying this is why the Bulls lost the last two but Hoiberg's "whining" may have credence:
https://mobile.twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/856577845476212736

Funny thing is Curry did the same thing a few weeks ago, and joked about it, but never admitted to doing it.

Isaiah didn't even deny it. He simply stated that he's always dribbled that way, and if they aren't gonna call him on it, he's just gonna keep doing what he's been doing.

Maybe the refs will take note of those post conference comments and actually make some calls in game 5.

Tom Penny

That's a blatant double dribble and it goes along with Hoiberg's description of what he does on almost every play.
Everyone carries the ball to a certain extent but some take it to the extreme.

I know you watch the NBA. I know your not trying to tell me guards don't carry left and right like the top two MVP candidates for starters..

I know you watch the NBA. I know your not trying to tell me guards don't carry left and right like the top two MVP candidates for starters..

I think they'd a big difference between maybe an underhand carry, which everyone does, and a left hand to right hand handoff with no dribble. That is certainly no crossover, and should always be called when noticed.

I think it's more if a question of how often does IT do it?
I haven't watched him play enough to really analyze his habits.

RedEther

Even though the winner of this matchup will still lose to the cavs I'd rather it be the Bucks.

I just want to see Giannis vs Lebron next round

Trey

Funny thing is Curry did the same thing a few weeks ago, and joked about it, but never admitted to doing it.

Isaiah didn't even deny it. He simply stated that he's always dribbled that way, and if they aren't gonna call him on it, he's just gonna keep doing what he's been doing.

Maybe the refs will take note of those post conference comments and actually make some calls in game 5.

Curry only got away with it because he made it look sexy.

Jarate

Banned
aR1a6Zx.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Did anyone watch SportsNation today on ESPN

The Clippervention

I had DVR'ed it, was busy couldn't watch, Holy Shit is this hilarious

nubcake

Neo Member
I don't even get excited about big Raptors leads anymore, I just automatically assume the offense will grow stagnant at some point with every possession involving a bunch of guys standing around until someone has to make a panicked drive with under 5 on the shot clock. It's as close to a guarantee as you'll find in sports.

Slizeezyc

Y'all really going to argue about carrying in the NBA? When the fuck has carrying been a thing that's called? Maybe once every two games? This isn't the '60s, people put their hand under the ball all the time. AI made a career of it, and most players do it in some form or another (including MJ and Bron Bron).

Hoiberg tried to create a "take that for data!" moment to fire up his team, only he's a tone-deaf deer in the headlights and misplayed that card to the max.

I just want this Wizards/Hawks series to be over, it's hurting my eyes with its badness every night.

Slizeezyc

Is Rashad Vaughn -- maybe the worst rookie season of all time based on the amount he played -- how Draft karma gets balanced out from picking Brogdon-Thon-Giannis?

Is Rashad Vaughn -- maybe the worst rookie season of all time based on the amount he played -- how Draft karma gets balanced out from picking Brogdon-Thon-Giannis?

I have no idea what is he doing in the Bucks roster.

They clearly have no use for him. Even when Brogdon was injured they brought someone from the d-league for backup point guard.

He is only seen garbage time all season.

Slizeezyc

I have no idea what is he doing in the Bucks roster.

They clearly have no use for him. Even when Brogdon was injured they brought someone from the d-league for backup point guard.

He is only seen garbage time all season.

I mean he shouldn't play, he's awful. I'm serious when I say he may have had worst rookie season of all time as he played a shitload and thus makes it stand out so much more as just someone who never really played.

Also fuck you Jonas, you instigated both of those sequences.

Line_HTX

Jonathan Feigen‏ @Jonathan_Feigen 2m2 minutes ago

Jonathan Feigen Retweeted Jonathan Feigen

One more missed call on Rockets-Thunder L2M report: Adams lane violation on missed ft rebound, leading to Westbrook 3.

Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen
NBA cited one incorrect no call in Rockets-OKC L2M report, a Harden push off w/ 7.8 seconds left, Rockets up 2. Gordon fts then sealed win.

Didn't even notice the Adams lane violation because it became super chaotic and then OKC derping real hard by not fouling immediately on the inbound.

cHaotix8

DeRozan, the hell was that last possession? Literally threw the ball away. Toronto all-stars have been weak as hell this series. It will probably go to seven.

Line_HTX

I didn't know Matthew Delly and Jason Terry were on this team. I thought it was just Giannis with a bunch of young talent or something.

Slizeezyc

I'm proud of Giannis for not really being in foul trouble this series, it's been an issue for him all season.

(As long as JKidd is the coach, don't really think Bucks will ever be a threat.)

Slizeezyc

The Hoiberg equivalent of his tone-deaf comments on the players side was Morris calling Millsap a crybaby after being smacked around for two straight games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom