• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubcake

Neo Member
Not a good sign the Raps depend on a young, second round pick guy to keep pace with the Bucks.

He's definitely not your average 2nd rounder. Fans around the league would be very familiar with him if Casey wasn't so absurdly stubborn. Last season he nearly single handedly saved the series against the Pacers.

Grizza

As a Raps fan, I kinda feel like this game is fools gold. Getting a lot of good calls and shots that don't always fall. Kinda still worried. Shit can go south quick if we don't get an early lead on Milwaukke the next two games. That is really important. Giannis was ready to take this game over. Blargh.

nubcake

Neo Member
As a Raps fan, I kinda feel like this game is fools gold. Getting a lot of good calls and shots that don't always fall. Kinda still worried. Shit can go south quick if we don't get an early lead on Milwaukke the next two games. That is really important. Giannis was ready to take this game over. Blargh.

Yeah I still think it probably goes 7. In both series that we won in 7 last year, we lost the 1st game, eventually went up 3-2, got overconfident going into game 6, and needed the full 7. So far it's been nearly identical so I'm not getting my hopes up for winning in 6 lol

17807022_1744013362578136_1628074753_n.gif

NORMAN IS A GAWD

This is now my favorite NBA gif ever lol.

Mrbob

Raptors shot the Bucks out of the building tonight. I think the Bucks push it to 7 and lose. Then the offseason training for Giannis begins. Kidd says he wants​ the Greek Freak to hook up with Dirk's shooting coach this offseason.

bigred50

Correct. I will eat my shorts if Powell scores more than 7 points in the next game.

Grizza

Raptors shot the Bucks out of the building tonight. I think the Bucks push it to 7 and lose. Then the offseason training for Giannis begins. Kidd says he wants​ the Greek Freak to hook up with Dirk's shooting coach this offseason.

Nightmare scenario: Chris Paul or Kyrie Irving to the Bucks. If he had someone dishing him easy baskets! Shit.

mjp2417

Banned
I know he's having a good game tonight and all, but man, that 2 minute or so stretch that Dwight had after missing that dunk is about as lazy and dispiriting as an ostensible NBA center can possibly play

Grizza

Bucks need to trade Middleton while they can still get something good for him.

He has been an inconsistent mess since early April.

The feed I watched tonight kept on talking about how he was sick or something. He has a nice turnaround jumper. The Bucks were not even in the playoff picture before he came back. Better than Jabari was for them. He seems to run their defense.

a 25 year old versatile wing who shoots 40% from 3 and is a decent passer/defender and is locked into a below market contract for the next 3 years and the team has been markedly better on offense and defense since he's returned from injury and you want them to trade him?

Giannis still had 30. It's just that the rest of his team had their shit kicked in. It's gonna be a battle in game 6 for sure. The Raps wont shoot the lights out again but in game 5 raps were shooting awful and were still the better team so here is hoping.

Absolutely not. You aren't gonna get something better than Middleton at his current value. No fucking way.

jdstorm

Banned
I could understand theoretically trading Middleton if Milwaukee were trying to go all in on a star level point guard (CJ McCollum/Dame) with Snell as his replacement.

However i don't think it would be wise.

Jarate

Banned

Half his leg exploded, and also the Bucks have been a lot better with him playing.

Middleton is exactly what you want to put around Giannis. 3 and D guys are what you hoard

I could understand theoretically trading Middleton if Milwaukee were trying to go all in on a star level point guard (CJ McCollum/Dame) with Snell as his replacement.

However i don't think it would be wise.

That's what I was thinking. They desperately need a good point guard and they won't get it any other way.

jdstorm

Banned
Can the Bucks get IT in two offseasons. Him and Giannis together would be insane.

Unlikely. Giannis will start making big money next season (22M) and combined with Middleton, Teletovic, Henson and Deledova will make close to 75M next season. They are all locked in until the end of the 2019 season. Thomas becomes a free agent at the end of the 2018 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom