• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogs31

I think he wanted to win and wanted to win in NY rather than latch on to some other team (for which he would have been criticized anyway). It may have been misguided, but his intent and desire was still to win. I don't think anyone would ever question Kobe's desire to win, yet he couldn't get along with Shaq. Was that because they didn't care about winning, or was it because they were two stubborn, over confident athletes at their peak who wanted to win, but wanted to do it their way, on their own terms?

Wanting to win at all costs and wanting to win your way are two completely different things. Melo would have been happy if his way led to winning. But he was and is still unwilling to do it someone else's way to achieve team success. And I do hold that against both Kobe and Shaq. That's also why Kobe couldn't have a good latter portion of his career because he was unwilling to not be the main guy.

I know I am mentioning Tim Duncan a lot but I do it because he, to me, is the perfect embodiment of a player who's sole priority was winning. He could have said no to Pop when Pop wanted to go away from a post up style of play and change to a pick n roll style of play (A change that hurt his numbers) but he accepted it because it gave him and the team the best chance to win. He also took less money because he knew the team could get better players around him (I know he or anyone else should not be expected to take less money, but he did).

Sanjuro

Celtics came out shooting like "We're gonna close this one out early fellas" and missed everything

ZQMEoKV.gif

Tom Penny

I'm going to stay positive. Celtics lead with IT Al and Crowder 3/15. I know IT will get it going. Would like a random Smart 3 game since they don't even guard him.

I've only been able to watch pieces of this series, but every time I do manage to tune in it seems like the Bulls shoot around 75% (see that whole 3rd quarter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom