• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K17 OT? |OT| NBA 2K17 OT.

Dubz

If there is not OT, let's talk about 2K17 here. I've been playing online, but it hasn't been fun because everyone seems to intentionally foul until I get a prompt to kick them. Seems that people do this to farm for VC...

Anyway yeah, the game is great otherwise. What do you all think?

Haven't had much time to play this week, but my career seems much improved.
Besides not being able to skip cutscenes, lowered overall start of 55, having to watch walks to the locker room, having to watch leaving and entering my court and all of the stuff that slows you getting in and out of games.

Dubz

My Career seems like a cash grab. Dat 55 overall start. It's hilarious because o was the 9th overall pick with a 55 scrub rating.

Chase17

Besides not. Wing able to skip cutscenes, lowered overall start of 55, having to watch walks to the locker room, having to watch leaving and entering my court and all of the stuff that slows you getting in and out of games.

I was more so talking about the story telling. Only played in one NBA match so far.

Rurunaki

MyCareer feels so slow.. with all those in between practice.. practice we all up in here talking about practice..

Falcker

I wonder what year they decide to bring back the ability to change Sim length in mycareer like they had 5 years ago.

Love having my team average 70pts per game because we play 6 min quarters while the rest of the league plays 12.

dippa

Neo Member
The transitions for everything are annoying as hell, but the general gameplay has been shaken up nicely. Being physical seems a lot more effective.

My Career seems like a cash grab. Dat 55 overall start. It's hilarious because o was the 9th overall pick with a 55 scrub rating.
This is what a absolutely indicates that it's a total cash grab. A 55 start is ridiculous. They obviously want to tempt/force you to buy VC.

It's usually why I dump myplayer mode after a few hours. Being the worst player on the court is not fun for long.

J-Skee

Is it worth getting if my ass keeps getting stomped by 30 points by all my friends? This has been an ongoing thing in 2K15 & 2K16.

If there is not OT, let's talk about 2K17 here. I've been playing online, but it hasn't been fun because everyone seems to intentionally foul until I get a prompt to kick them. Seems that people do this to farm for VC...

Anyway yeah, the game is great otherwise. What do you all think?

That's the quick VC glitch kids are doing, can't wait until its patched. It eventually kicks them from the game when they keep intentionally fouling and they get a easy quick 400 VC a game even with a loss.

Fjordson

I'm liking My Career. The low rating that you start with is a little silly, but I just have the difficulty down to Pro until I get better. Did the same thing with 2K16.

I'd recommend everyone that hasn't bought it yet to wait until the first patch, especially if you play Play Now Online mode primarily.

Just a portion of the shit that doesn't work.
The gameplay is better but this is one of the most bugged out 2K releases ever.

Coaching adjustments dont work. At all. You loterally cannoy change your POEs, they do not stick.

Substitutions are glitched

-subs dont come in until the NEXT dead ball

Scoreboard is glitched

My player stats are glitched.

They COMPLETELY ruined many of the character models from last year( the 8 yr old skinny bodytype on so many players when they already had thr correct model last year)

-moving screens that completely disable controls

-layup timer is glitched and cant be turned off

- COMPLETELY fucked up the UI for the on the fly menu and timeout huddle

Slowly but surely, my overall is creeping up. Haven't bought any VC and been grinding VC from HoF games and the 2K app. Currently 76.

My difficulty on MyCareer had changed to custom somehow. Idk what I did. It was still giving me HoF bonuses (and cheese). I wonder what it did.

Has this been confirmed? Where was this posted?
Those are just some of the issues/bugs that have people have been dealing with. They are platform wide, everybody has them. Operation Sports probably has the biggest 2K forum.

This is the bug thread for 2k17. There's 29 pages.

Some posts
THE ENTIRE COACHING SYSTEM IS BUSTED

Whether it's play now online or offline no matter if you use the on the fly coaching or in the huddle, none of the adjustments you make actually stick.

This is a pretty crippling issue. Even if you have everything set to manual and ACE turned off.

PS4

All the defensive adjustments keep defaulting to

Some Crash, Some Run
Neutral Def
Auto.

IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER THAT YOUR CHOICES ARE NOT HIGHLIGHTED BECAUSE YOUR CHOICES DONT ACTUALLY CHANGE. THEY ALWAYS REVERT BACK TO WHATEVER THE DEFAULT IS.

Not sure how 2K could even launch with it like this.

-THE On the fly menu shouldn't disappear after you make a choice either, it's incredibly annoying having to bring the menu up constantly to adjust your settings, in past 2k's you could adjust offense and defense in a matter of settings. The UI is a mess as well.

I think we might be starting to see why there was no real coverage on this game before launch. I noticed this when I played vs the classic sixers. A.I was killing me so I thought let's use the new t.o coaching to force the ball out of his hands. Nothing changed so another t.o selected double on catch. Nothing changed. Tried both with ace off and on still nothing. The only thing that worked was the old way of going to matchups under game plan and setting it from there. I tweeted them about it but no one has responded to anything. Which is weird bc every year in Czars vids he says let us know what u guys are seeing etc. But if they don't respond to you why should we if we don't know if your listening. My only hope is that they are jus working so hard to fix the numerous list of flaws in this years game. Fingers crossed.

video of the coaching system being busted.

Biggest 2K youtuber talking about mycareer issues.

So should I be fulling out this doin work meter every time?

In your MyCourt? Naw, not without help from other people that come to your gym. Don't waste your time.

Don't really need to fill up the meter either unless you want to get past 86 overall lol

Dubz

I'm enjoying playing against the CPU. I dominate Pro and lose to All Star. I've decided to just adjust sliders in between the 2 for now. The broadcast quality presentation puts other sports games to shame. It's fucking incredible.

I'm enjoying playing against the CPU. I dominate Pro and lose to All Star. I've decided to just adjust sliders in between the 2 for now. The broadcast quality presentation puts other sports games to shame. It's fucking incredible.

Its fantastic, but I've never been able to play the game on Broadcast view. I'm a 2K cam guy, always have been. Sometimes I'll play a game or a quarter in broadcast just because it looks so incredible, but I can't play for shit on that view.

GravyButt

Never done a my career. Never really got into an nba 2k game either whats a decent position/height/stat line to go with here? Any tips would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Will wait to start till I hear some feedback :)

Never done a my career. Never really got into an nba 2k game either whats a decent position/height/stat line to go with here? Any tips would be much appreciated! Thanks!

What's do you think your play style would be? All the archetypes suck tbh.

My suggestion, PG playmaker. 6'2-4. Fast and has great handles. Best all around build imo.

Sharpshooter if you want to be really cheesy. They're broken in this game.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

With the way they handled the stat caps this year it seems that PG with the Playmaker archetype is the way to go if you want to create a balanced player. Height should be 6'2-6'3 max and wingspan should be the lowest possible.

You also get the most out of the dynamic duo feature they introduced this year by being a PG since you can call plays and get assists easier, which helps you raise the chemistry between yourself and Justice Young

Finally hit the 80s ovr. #teamnomoneyspentonvc

About 30 games played, 12 min qtrs Most hof until I started grinding for badges.

I'm almost park ready. Put me in coach.

I love it. Start an open practice to see MyPlayer walkthrough a wall to initiate a mandatory cutscene to later stand in the middle of the practice court and do nothing. Lol 2K stay money hungry.

Patch 1.03 released for PS4 users. A lot of MyPark stuff that I don't really get into.

Main thing for me was they finally got the adjustments and subs made in timeout to stick.

newsguy

I pre ordered and had it that friday. Played ton, had some fun, but because of the Heat being horrid, thetc game just isn't fun for me. My ritual since the original game is to play my season with the Heat. It's no fun, and while the game feels great, I can't bring myself to go thru an entire season with another squad.

ElNino

Seems like this would be the best place to ask here, but is the 2k connected stuff still age restricted? My son loves the 2k basketball games but he can't play any online multiplayer modes because he is under 13 and it won't let him connect. It's really frustrating that he can't even play against his friends/cousins without using my account.

Ensoul

Seems like this would be the best place to ask here, but is the 2k connected stuff still age restricted? My son loves the 2k basketball games but he can't play any online multiplayer modes because he is under 13 and it won't let him connect. It's really frustrating that he can't even play against his friends/cousins without using my account.

My guess is that when you (or he) created his PSN account he put himself as a minor. I think you can change that on the account screen on PSN?

Man I just looked at the soundtrack. Anyone else think it's pretty weak overall? I feel like last year's wasn't that great either.

Cornbread78

W4WNShe.jpg

Initial release date: September 20, 2016
Developer: Visual Concepts
Publisher: 2K Sports
Genre: Sports game
Platforms: PS4, XB1, PS3,360, Windows
Twitter: https://twitter.com/NBA2K

Reviews: (90 meta right now)
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nba-2k17

Updates from 2K16:
One of the touted improvements is concerning the game's returning MyGM and MyLeague game modes. Both modes have the player acting as the ruling force of all basketball operations for a specific team and allow the player to customize many aspects of the team. MyGM is more focused on maintaining a realistic, functioning team and impressing the owner, whereas MyLeague offers far more customization options. In both modes, the player simulates through seasons, changing personnel, playing in games themselves, and participating in off-season activities, such as the draft. The introduced features focus on league expansion. As well as happening dynamically, the player can start either mode with up to 36 teams and may modify many aspects of every team. The player will go through the process of creating an expansion team in a model very similar to real-life occurrences of expansion teams. As well as creating the logos and jerseys of the teams, an expansion draft is held and other teams must protect a select amount of players. The league will automatically adjust the schedule, draft, draft lottery, etc. if expansion teams are created. The player can also download other players' creations

Another focus Visual Concepts has for NBA 2K17 is the balancing of NBA players who "break the rules" with their unique styles of play. Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors in particular is a player that gameplay director Mike Wang said was problematic to balance in NBA 2K16. In real life, Curry frequently takes, and makes, shots that are historically viewed as bad shots. Examples include half-court or three-quarter-court shots, contested off-the-dribble three-pointers, and heavily contested layups. Wang says that over the course of the NBA 2K series, taking these sorts of shots has been penalized because this makes sense for "99.9% of the league". In an attempt to allow for some exceptions, Wang says Visual Concepts has had to come up with a system that allows certain players to not be penalized for taking historically bad shots. However, this creates further balancing complications as there is the potential to effectively "break the game". Experimentations with such a system were made in May 2016 via an update for NBA 2K16, which modified Curry's shooting ability for a thirty-hour period

LOL, that's all I got...

*goes back to work

ElNino

My guess is that when you (or he) created his PSN account he put himself as a minor. I think you can change that on the account screen on PSN?
His main account is his XBL account, which has his accurate age and my understanding last year is that I couldn't "update" it in order for 2K to work.

His PSN account is a child account to mine, but his friends are on Xbox anyways so it wouldn't do much good to change his PSN account.

Haven't picked up a 2K game in years but did so largely because MSU is in the game and I have some probably simple questions about the My Career mode:

-Are practices and appearances and whatnot mandatory? Is there a way to sim them? I skipped one and got reemed out by the coach. Practices are all right, but i'd rather be playing games than having shooting contests with Wallace all the time.

-Is the "doin work" meter something I should really care about?

-What's the quarter length most play on? i'm on 6 mins at the moment and predictably all the stats and scores are low. Is there a way to for the rest of the league to sim at a similar quarter length so the stats/scores aren't out of wack? I don't mind if the winning team scores 50-60 points a game as long as the rest of the NBA is like that.

-Do most people use shot stick or square to shoot?

-Any other simple quality of life things I should know before really sinking my teeth into this?

Ensoul

His main account is his XBL account, which has his accurate age and my understanding last year is that I couldn't "update" it in order for 2K to work.

His PSN account is a child account to mine, but his friends are on Xbox anyways so it wouldn't do much good to change his PSN account.

Try this maybe?

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/promote-child-account

Also how the hell do people beat the warriors? I play my son and all he does is jack up 45-50 threes game and hits about half of them. It's absurd.

ElNino

Try this maybe?

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/promote-child-account

Also how the hell do people beat the warriors? I play my son and all he does is jack up 45-50 threes game and hits about half of them. It's absurd.
While that could work, I'd prefer his account to remain a child account in our family setup so that I can still monitor his activities. I think it's absurd that I can't choose to allow my child to play an E rated game online against his friends without lying about his age. He has no issues playing Madden, Minecraft, Rocket League, etc.

Takuan

Been playing MyCareer exclusively. The pauses in between the action are definitely a pain in the ass, they should allow you skip the pointless transitions in your home base AND the post-game banter between yourself and Justice. I don't mind not being able to skip cutscenes, I get that they want people to see the work, but those transitions are painful.

As far as the gameplay, I can't really tell the difference. I'm more of a casual player, and the game feels like the same 2K as always. I'm still not great at creating shots with the stick, but it could be the fact that my rating is still garbage (63). I'm not serious enough to notice bugs / flaws like those shown in the videos you guys linked.

I hate that precision shooting thing or whatever it is, it feels like shit and for the first time I've resorted to using square to shoot.

Are any of you using the MyNBA2K17 app? I have this weird issue where I can't play unless I'm connected to WiFi. It tells me it can't check for new DLC and to check my internet connection, but I've got full bars. Kind of annoying I can't play during my breaks at work.

Been playing MyCareer exclusively. The pauses in between the action are definitely a pain in the ass, they should allow you skip the pointless transitions in your home base AND the post-game banter between yourself and Justice. I don't mind not being able to skip cutscenes, I get that they want people to see the work, but those transitions are painful.

As far as the gameplay, I can't really tell the difference. I'm more of a casual player, and the game feels like the same 2K as always. I'm still not great at creating shots with the stick, but it could be the fact that my rating is still garbage (63). I'm not serious enough to notice bugs / flaws like those shown in the videos you guys linked.

I hate that precision shooting thing or whatever it is, it feels like shit and for the first time I've resorted to using square to shoot.

Are any of you using the MyNBA2K17 app? I have this weird issue where I can't play unless I'm connected to WiFi. It tells me it can't check for new DLC and to check my internet connection, but I've got full bars. Kind of annoying I can't play during my breaks at work.

Are you android? Maybe it's your permissions.

Top Bottom