• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 |OT| 1,000 VC needed to enter thread.

JakeD

So what exactly is locked behind online for the switch version?

And is that content always-online or just a one time download that people are confusing as always-online?

atr0cious

And is that content always-online or just a one time download that people are confusing as always-online?
It's all the "neighborhood" and story and it's annoying. You have to stay connected throughout all of the story cutscenes or it will start you over from the beginning. I got "As" on the first two "proving grounds" games, so they put me in a third. I undocked to move to the bed and it disconnected the game. I reconnect and it continues the story saying I lost, pretty lame. Then like 20 minutes of cutscenes

cHinzo

Great. I'm playing on PC and it doesn't save my controller settings. There is also a bug where ur controller spaces out after getting a text message and it doesn't stop vibrating. -_-
I went with a 6'7" SG instead of a 6'9" SF, because of the extra speed and 2 extra gold badges. Don't really care for the big man contact dunks, since they're slow as hell.

jmizzal

Its the same on every console, if your not connected online its not a lot you can do, besides play now, and offline franchise stuff

Its how 2K VC works its always connected online, I think it has to do if people tried to cheat to get VC

JakeD

Its the same on every console, if your not connected online its not a lot you can do, besides play now, and offline franchise stuff

Its how 2K VC works its always connected online, I think it has to do if people tried to cheat to get VC

It's all the "neighborhood" and story and it's annoying. You have to stay connected throughout all of the story cutscenes or it will start you over from the beginning. I got "As" on the first two "proving grounds" games, so they put me in a third. I undocked to move to the bed and it disconnected the game. I reconnect and it continues the story saying I lost, pretty lame. Then like 20 minutes of cutscenes

Thanks for the info. I've never actually ventured outside of anything other than "play now" but I enjoyed the story mode in madden this year and was hoping to try that out on 2k this year

Aiii

So not worth it
Is this audio popping issue only present in cutscenes or does it occur during gameplay too?

Just cutscenes and only when characters are talking, other noises during cutscenes are fine. Very specific issue indeed.

From what I hear, you can still play MyCareer offline, it just doesn't have the prelude/story stuff at all (and no VC of course).

...which honestly sounds like the best way to play, because from what I've seen the story is fucking trash again.

jmizzal

From what I hear, you can still play MyCareer offline, it just doesn't have the prelude/story stuff at all (and no VC of course).

...which honestly sounds like the best way to play, because from what I've seen the story is fucking trash again.

Yes you can play it, but I dont think it syncs with your online mycareer it will be a different save.

Yea if you dont care about park and proam stuff with other players that is the best way to go

Switch owners - anyone else having an issue in MyGM mode where the rosters/free agent lists are glitching and jumping back and forth between sorts?

qko

I dont have 1000 Vince Carters can I still join in?

lol I'm not the biggest follower of the NBA and last night when the game finally downloaded I was all "lemme pick a crap team to start my franchise" and pick the Kings. And to my surprise, Vince Carter plays for them now.

I make around 500 coins in a game right now

A hair cut costs 2000

The VC economy is fucked

Steph Curry makes about $425k a game. That means a haircut would cost him $1.7 Million

shanafan

On Switch, going from dock mode to handheld mode has its limitations. Since you need to change controllers (going from Pro controller to Joy cons), you would lose any stats or milestones that are achievable during the game - unless you keep using the same controller.

Hmm. The VC thing is indeed very obvious all around again. What does seem to be the case is that it doesn't matter as much online this time around. At least that's how I fee so far.

Went to the Playground with my OVR64 player and two OVR62 team mates. We went 3W-1L in the end. Won vs. a 64, 72, 74 team, won vs. a 62, 74, 75 team and almostwon vs. a 63, 85, 86 team (end score was 21-23). Not sure if luck, good team mates, or (hopefully) not too bad of an influence of VC in MP.

How do you other low level guys feel so far on the Playground?

Coppanuva

Sounds like they managed to make the vc system even worse, I'm skipping this one.
Yeah, charging that much for customization options is pretty bs.

How does stat increases work for offline career? I rarely played online last 2k game I owned so might just play offline for my character.

jmizzal

On Switch, going from dock mode to handheld mode has its limitations. Since you need to change controllers (going from Pro controller to Joy cons), you would lose any stats or milestones that are achievable during the game - unless you keep using the same controller.

huh thats pretty weird, I always use the same controller on xbox one, but those stats might be tied to your controller on all consoles too, I would have to check.

It sucks for Switch if your using pro controller docked

Thanks for the tips. I'm playing on pro right now until I get the hang of things.

I think the position you play will make a difference when learning. PG for having a lot of the ball and getting used to the plays, Center because you mostly hang around under the basket and you're normally in the thick of things.

Lame, they rank the my player like some undrafted scrub(unless that's the story they're going with this time).

Yeah, you get a tryout after impressing in a street ball tournament so sucking at the start makes sense.

Jarate

Banned
DJzLaCvUEAAW2Sa.jpg:large

AI did not make it through retirement very well

Jarate

Banned
God there are a shit ton of audio and video glitches during the my career shit. Luckily all the gameplay is fine.

deadfolk

I wonder how the consumables work when purchased cross region. I guess they'll be tied to the account that purchased them.

Edit: Assuming that's the case, I wonder if you could make the purchase of said consumables on your main account (i.e. the one you play on) in your home region, and still use the items on the version of the game bought in another region. My guess is maybe. If it's one of the games that had a single SKU across regions.

PR_rambo

Banned
I fucking hate VC literally every aspect is behind the VC paywall, I'm calling shenanigans on 2k

The gameplay is really fun.

Fuck me, I forgot how terrible the park is when you're on your own. Impossible to get a game because the moment someone sees you lined up wearing the noob clothes and 63 OVR they run in the opposite direction.

Doesn't matter that they are 60 OVR themselves and this is the only open court, I'm stuck here holding my dick for 10 minutes waiting for a third player to ready up.

Gotta be some Xbox players in this thread that want to play some Park or Pro-Am right?

saltyramen

Gameplay fire this year. People tripping about the graphics might be insane? The colors are truly accurate and are amazing on 4K HDR. Lotsa weird clipping issues though.

But finally it feels responsive and this is the best feeling 2K of all time

God there are a shit ton of audio and video glitches during the my career shit. Luckily all the gameplay is fine.

I've seen several pretty horrific MyCareer and MyGM cutscenes at this point (like half frame rate or less bad). This release doesn't really seem like it's turning out as positively as I had imagined.

I honestly expected those modes to run almost flawlessly considering the model detail is on par with in-game, but there are typically fewer on screen and the scene detail is pretty sparse (the objects in them don't even seem to have proper collision detection).

I though the park would be where things really chugged, but it seems people haven't had a ton of issue there even if it isn't completely locked 30fps.

The issues seem completely developer caused and it's not a good look when you're asking full price.

atr0cious

I decided to not deal with online and have instead decided to start a Sac Kings dynasty. LeBron, Bosh, and Westbrook got hit by a voodoo curse that turned them back into teenagers with shitty contracts. With the help of the 01-02 roster falling out of a time portal, the new big 3 will set out to end the Warriors reign.

I decided to not deal with online and have instead decided to start a Sac Kings dynasty. LeBron, Bosh, and Westbrook got hit by a voodoo curse that turned them back into teenagers with shitty contracts. With the help of the 01-02 roster falling out of a time portal, the new big 3 will set out to end the Warriors reign.

Trust, mygm/myleague is my favorite mode in the 2K series

It get's really addicting and the mode has nothing to do with the VC shit.

jmizzal

HOLY CRAP MEGATON

I dont know if this was known or not but its new to me

You can play as All time teams and old teams online, no need to win a bunch of games to unlock them online, its there from the start

This is a first for 2K

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
HOLY CRAP MEGATON

I dont know if this was known or not but its new to me

You can play as All time teams and old teams online, no need to win a bunch of games to unlock them online, its there from the start

This is a first for 2K

Everyone online will be using the All-time Lakers squad.

brUwtfy.jpg

I get a feeling that this MyCareer mode is never going to cease finding ways to disappoint me.

The entire purpose of this extended cutscene, which was sandwiched between two unnecessary cutscenes of my doorman trying to tell me jokes, was to talk about how delicious Reese's Puffs cereal is.

Top Bottom