• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10: Videogame Scam of the Year - post#476 you gotta be KIDDING

Fatalah

At least 2K Sports isn't your only choice. Just imagine being a diehard baseball fan who happens to own a 360.

2K hijacked the MLB license, and has released utter crap for 5 years straight. Glad this thread has been made, 2K Sports deserves to be taken to task.

Anony

Smokey said:
joke post?

have you not read the thread?

even if one were to go off of reviews...it has a metacritic rating in the 80S.

So...where is someone supposed to go from there huh?

nope, this is what happens when fans buy stuff day one
if they waited a week or something, they would see all the problems people posted on the forums
if i remember correctly, the gt review mention something about glitches

this happened to me, on a physical product
reviews were good, so i bought it
discovered the problem, when online to do some research, and the problem was pretty common
lesson learnt for me

hopefully people who bought this got a good wakeup call as consumers

Barrett2

Anony said:
what's the big deal, lesson learnt, you should read reviews instead of blindly buying it
next time, buy the other one, you're lucky there's 2 nba games

next time, read the thread you post in before looking like an idiot

Anony said:
discovered the problem, when online to do some research, and the problem was pretty common
lesson learnt for me

This makes you sound even worse.

Anony

hey i'm not the one that bought it for 60 and being mad about it

it's like buying a bad game and going back to the store for a refund
not gonna happen

think twice about your next nba game purchase is the point i'm trying to make

Zep

Banned
It makes me feel good that koME is on the cover of the WORST NBA2k ever :lol

You just knew 2k were gonna rest on their laurels.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
pilonv1 said:
That's a gross generalisation. Neither game is perfect.

I do agree about master Wang though.

I didn't say Live was perfect, but their patch fixed some issues I had with the game unlike the 2k patch.

Robot 492

Banned
Anony said:
nope, this is what happens when fans buy stuff day one
if they waited a week or something, they would see all the problems people posted on the forums
if i remember correctly, the gt review mention something about glitches

lesson learnt for me

Don't let the developers get out of this shit so easily. They fucked up big time and it's time to take responsibility. Deleting posts on their forums that discuss the actual problems with the game is ridiculous. I seriously can't believe your defending that awful behavior.

I was more annoyed about the fact that the PS3 demo was delayed and when I finally played it. It was only 1 fucking quarter, come on.:lol

Anony said:
hey i'm not the one that bought it for 60 and being mad about it

it's like buying a bad game and going back to the store for a refund
not gonna happen

think twice about your next nba game purchase is the point i'm trying to make
I didn't buy it, I'm just being sympathetic since I've been ripped by things before.

Nevermind, you're right, obviously if someone pays $60 for a game and they aren't satisfied they're idiots. Especially if it's broken this badly, they should be even more thrilled that they learned a lesson... I mean... learnt.

Anony

nskinnear said:
Don't let the developers get out of this shit so easily. They fucked up big time and it's time to take responsibility. Deleting posts on their forums that discuss the actual problems with the game is ridiculous. I seriously can't believe your defending that awful behavior.

are they not patching it?
do people honestly think it patches instantly pop up every time a glitch is discovered

at least there are patches to fix this

in my case, a physical product cannot be patched, be happy with this aspect at least
it's not one of those problem that cannot be fixed

will they fix it? that's another issue

and i'm not defending anyone, both sides are at fault, of course, more-so on 2k's side

52club

OP you got got (as they would say on The Wire). I paid $16.19 - a $10 amazon card for the PC version. This probably is a game worth $19.99. The $60 they charge for the console versions is just insane IMO.

benjipwns

Banned
52club said:
OP you got got (as they would say on The Wire). I paid $16.19 - a $10 amazon card for the PC version. This probably is a game worth $19.99. The $60 they charge for the console versions is just insane IMO.
It'd still be better if Live was putting out its current gen game on PC, also for $20, and that the PC versions weren't bastard childs. (We MAY get the patch at the same time as PS3. And there's more issues, like lobby crashing and no 16:10.)

But for the most part, agree, at $20 it's easier to swallow. I've probably got enough out of My Player even with its flaws.

One thing I hate is that they won't keep patching the game probably. Don't know if that's because of Microsoft's 360 rules or whatever, but it sucks to only get one patch for games.

damn. I was considering 2K10 as part of my buy 2 get one free deal at Best Buy a couple weeks ago but thankfully i passed and went with NCAA 10 (no prize either, but it isn't as bad as 2K10 sounds)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anony said:
do people honestly think it patches instantly pop up every time a glitch is discovered

in my case, a physical product cannot be patched, be happy with this aspect at least

and i'm not defending anyone, both sides are at fault, of course, more-so on 2k's side

I want to tar and feather you.

Smokey

Anony said:

But...the patch DIDN'T fix league issues. And there are still major My Player issues popping up (which is a pretty big mode in the game). It's like you're completely missing the point of this thread.

That's part of my point. They obviously knew shit wasn't completely right and they went ahead and released it anyway. And since it's their 2nd patch they probably aren't going to do another because MS charges after the 2nd.

They're already asking about NBA2k11 sig shots ffs. Then the mod comes in there and says posts are being deleted (from customers saying...but what about your broken POS 2k10? Shouldn't you know..concentrate on fixing what I paid money for first?), and people being banned.

The game was released as a beta and they need to be exposed on a site like this so every fucking body can see what con artists they are.

Zep

Banned
Who is this Anony asshole? Has anyone told him to kick rocks?!

When a game has a hardcore following for 10yrs, you have certain expectations of that product. To rag on people because of that shows how clueless you are.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
riskVSreward said:
I'm not accepting regional dialect in this instance because you still have no idea how to form a paragraph or properly punctuate anything.

Damn seriously, it's like a retarded cat walked on his keyboard or something.

Unfortunately there just isn't a vocal enough fanbase for 2k to actually suffer for this. They've lost my money for 2k11 at a minimum, and if Live 11 actually builds off of whats available currently then they might lose a lot more.

This isn't MW2 where you'll get multiple compalint threads, numerous articles on gaming sites, crying on podcasts and large boycotts. 2k is going to escape cleanly with this shit.

Anony

riskVSreward said:
I'm not accepting regional dialect in this instance because you still have no idea how to form a paragraph or properly punctuate anything.
grammar police on the internet? WHOA

fallacy of consumerism:

just because 'fans have been following it for 10 years' doesnt make it good
that's the same thing as buying based on brand

are the same people coding the game from 10 years ago coding it now?
employees move in and out, the same people working on it 3 years ago arent going to be the same people working on it today

are you gonna drop 2000$ on a tv just because there's a sony label on it?
no, you read the specs and make your own judgement

Zep

Banned
Anony said:
employees move in and out, the same people working on it 3 years ago arent going to be the same people working on it today

Exactly the reason you need to shut the fuck up...having no idea that this game has been running an identical engine since the original 2k.

Anony said:

fallacy of consumerism:

you can't justify the most unprofessional game in recent years.
even all the reviews we're someone positive. all the consumers we're duped.

Anony said:

fallacy of consumerism:

Just stop posting. Please. For the sake of my faith in humanity, just stop posting.

Smokey

Anony said:

fallacy of consumerism:

663n4hd.gif

Frawdder

So glad I didn't buy 2K10. After 2K9 I vowed to not buy 2K10 until a while after release, but the glitches and bugs are just unacceptable. It's like 2K don't have a QA department, "Hey, we finished the game" "Does it work?" "Don't know, I sent the game to the publisher already".

Live 10 is a nice change of pace (even though it's not perfect).

I guess it'll be College Hoops 2K8 for another year.

Future

Wow, glad I read this post. I heard of the patch incoming and was waiting for that before purchase. Dammit, did the patch fix ANYTHING?

This really is a scam that deserves money back. Its one thing to have a few glitches. Its another to get completely FUCKED in almost all modes.

The real scam is the reviewers, which is part of why I ignore game journalism for the most part and stick to forums and word of mouth. Even if its possible to miss the long page of glitches that were admitted to in the patch details, they should all adjust their scores accordingly immediately to show that this shit is fucked up. Should be averaging 5/10

I called it this year.

Seriously though, I saw this coming. 2k Sports and their complacency with their NBA game was pathetic last year, and simply horrible this year. 2k fanboys stood by your product...hope you learned your lesson.

EA Sports is CONTINUOUSLY trying to put out a better product. 2k Sports, now in EVERY spot, has been trumped in terms of effort and quality.

Anony

not all the reviewers will encounter the glitch
me and my friends were playing the ps3 verison of this last week and they played for 2 hours (i played for 15 mins) and we did not encounter any problems

i love how everyone is mad
i make some valid point and rebuttal other, but they cant rebuttal my points and start attacking on my grammar, or other nonsense
never had a proper debate before eh?

Better start capitalizing and start ending sentences with periods. The internet is serious business after all.

stupei

I got this as part of the B2G1 at Best Buy. Held off on opening it, waiting for the patches to fix things. Real fixes never came, so tonight I went to trade it for Dragon Age, which I just had in from gamefly up to this point. They actually tried to give me shit about you can't exchange something that was part of a bundled deal like that, but I just was not having it. I didn't want to get stuck with this one, dammit. :lol

benjipwns

Banned
Hmm, maybe this thread is having an effect?
I am looking into league issues and linking gamertags.

ronnie2k   Nov 9   9:34 pm

RT @ciege10@Ronnie2k is the online leagues a small fix or what?->I am trying to find out more.

ronnie2k   Nov 9   9:20 pm

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Anony said:

fallacy of consumerism:

Read the specs for a sports game?

Being a fan of a series is bad consumerism...?

yeah..

nothing to see here..

Top Bottom