• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10: Videogame Scam of the Year - post#476 you gotta be KIDDING

Smokey said:
663n4hd.gif

Oh my. Was that real?

spankdatazz22 said:
It's no where near as bad as the OP is making it out to be. Here's a wide range of impressions (360):

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...ch-available-post-impressions-here-360-a.html
bro, no mode works. maybe accept for 1on1 offline. but even then, i think that mode is suspect for a bug. :lol

here's a few quotes from pissed off consumers:

fcup2a.jpg

what a joke, we have been waiting for this patch to come out and fix these online lg issues and come to find out it didnt do nothin LMAO what a joke and the admin doesnt even care to address an issus good job 2k way to keep your customers.

all i could do was shake my head when i saw ron marketing post.its like the 2k staff gettin together and thinking of another way to **** us off.rob has to know online lgs dont work from the posts in this forum yet he post this crap about marketing lgs we cant play.cant wait to modern warfare 2 come out to play a game online they way its suppose to be.2k take notes on how a server should run and invest some dollars you stole for a bs game this year.

Please remove your sticky marketing thread. The leagues STILL do NOT WORK. Just a little heads up. The patch did not fix the league play one bit.

i brought this game for league play only when is this going to be fixed my leagues been waiting for the pacth to release in this thing still dont work got dammit 2k yall are relly starting to ****ing me off

What is going on 2K...our 30 man league is plagued with constant net errors and disconnects. Please fix this broken feature of a great game before posting stickies about how to market your league when it is not even functional at the moment.

Who wants to run a 16 player league when you have 30 dedicated users ready to play?WWS has been running strong for a while with our 30 team draft league and now we can`t even enjoy our league.We`ve had 2 drafts not work,and the 3rd time the draft started 3 mins late.I have one of the drafts that didn`t start on youtube.Once we got to draft we couldn`t play with our teams.One patch later and still NETWORK ERROR.This has got to be the worst sports game ever created.

I run leagues every year, thanks to this wonderful dev team... ONLINE LEAGUES ARE DEAD.

Nobody can get a game to start, much less finish one after 15 tries thanks to the way the rosters in leagues screw everything up.

You guys took the online leagues from 2k9 and before that actually worked in NBA, scrapped those, then COPIED THE FREAKING MLB 2K9 LEAGUES THAT DIDN'T WORK AND YOU GUYS IGNORED FOR AN ENTIRE DAMN YEAR!!!

Who makes these decisions? Really?

MLB 2K9 was a terribly broken game online full of cheats, glitches, and all kinds of ****... sooo

... you guys COPY ONLINE LEAGUES FROM THAT PILE OF TRASH?!?!?

leagues are the MAIN reason to play this game. Fantasy drafts make this game. PERIOD
Network Errors! I knew the patch couldn't fix their server issue. There have been several threads about this topic and I believe they were deleted! 2KRON never commented on ONE of the threads! The only thing 2K has said is online works beautifully! 2K is a joke this year

2k should be ashamed.

Pre-patch online leagues were broke........post-patch online leagues are still broke..........I have a feeling this game could have 20 patchs and the online leagues would still be broke.

Blackface

Banned
I called it back when I was playing the DLC game. Nobody who is going to put out a good sports game would ever put out that pile of dogshit. Thats why I didn't bother buying it. Glad I was right.

PBMax

OP made me laugh so hard I had to go to Youtube to check out this game -- what an absolute POS.

1 foot bounce pass hits the rafters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW1U4hxxdFU&NR=1

Players stand on court after game forever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o33aXENfneE&NR=1

Dunk, rebound, layin -- two baskets in one!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZBva0C3h1U&NR=1

Jumper through bottom of hoop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xm7gceDqpE&NR=1

Don't even know what to call this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItqqhpHywZg&NR=1

INVISIBLE PLAYERS!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiG4-wjj2Po&NR=1

WTF VC? This is not cool.

LiquidJin

Banned
I'm loving the amazing dynamic commentary and NBA Today. Big ups to whoever put that together. This is much better than the Live Season 2.0 that I paid EA additional money for in FIFA 10.

Now that that is out of the way. With the exception that I feel that all leagues and serious gaming should go on the PS3 version (RROD taking a team out for the season is just not acceptable; everyone in the league becomes a victim), I halfheartedly support this post.

Sports Games should never be $60. They should be $20 for the base game, and then sell the hardcore people like me and the OP online leagues, online multiplayer, Be A Pro/My Player as different products.

I don't mind paying $60 for good content, but if it's more important for you to release an annual product than a quality product that pushes the bar in all areas, then you better do it the way I just suggested. Otherwise, you need to stop thinking of NBA Live as your only competition. Because from a time perspective, everything, including the real NBA, is fighting for that $60 value; and you haven't been cutting it for a couple of years now.

You also can't afford to keep swindling us each year either. NBA season starts right in the thick of awesome game releases. If you guys want to see Madden numbers then get serious.

Smokey

viakado said:

posts like these are all over their forums and they don't do shit about it, or they delete them.

anything negative that can take a sale away from their product they delete. game has been out for a good minute, no reason for this shit to not work.

Spasm

I've been a 2K whore since the original on DC, so it was hard for me to not pick it up this year, after the buggy mess that was 2K9. Sadly, looks like I made the right choice. Still not switching over to Live, though.

olimpia84

I'm glad I decided to go with LIVE this year. It's not a perfect bball game by any means but I'm enjoying it a lot.

I really don't understand the motivation behind anyone defending a company knowingly releasing an unfinished, glitchy product. Are your standards for business ethics that low?

a176

Banned
anyone get the late game foul glitch?

you do an intentional foul, but the refs don't call it and play doesn't stop. the player drops the ball and the other team picks it up and play continues.

h3ro

The details of failure in the OP are pretty disgusting. Don't really play many sports games, only game I dabble with now and then during the baseball season is The Show on PS3 and from what I've heard from friends, Sony seems to be pretty good with keeping the game in shape.

I still don't understand how some of these errors get all the way through to pressing the game and selling it at retail. Pretty vial of 2K and let's not let reviewers off the hook so quickly. I have no clue how the game can be in the 80s in review aggregate with this many glaring errors. The game looks like it's damn broken. As much as it pains me, seems like 2K10 really is the videogame version of this year's Knicks...

Smokey

a176 said:
anyone get the late game foul glitch?

you do an intentional foul, but the refs don't call it and play doesn't stop. the player drops the ball and the other team picks it up and play continues.

Speaking of which I forgot to mention...

in My Player mode there appears to be unlimited fouls (at least on the CPU side). That's right. Have more than 6 fouls? No problem just keep hacking away, the game won't do shit about it.

JoeFu

Banned
Smokey said:

in My Player mode there appears unlimited fouls (at least on the CPU side). That's right. Have more than 6 fouls? No problem just keep hacking away, the game won't do shit about it.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

How can you forget to program in main aspects of the game?

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
The game is fucked. I'm pretty pissed and i'm likely to not buy any basketball game again for years (i don't like live....sorry, I bought and tried it last year just to be fair and it doesn't flick my switch at all).

They tried to patch and the patch literally did nothing in so many areas. It's one of the biggest examples of fail in recent memory. Not to mention some of the changes to gameplay (like PIP) were cheap band-aids that suffer from a whole heap of other problems (like people can warp in front of you for contact from absurd positions and friendly CPUs simply didn't know they can't shove shit down the hole anymore). Game just sucks now.

Game over guys. Lets learn how to play Soccer.

and 2k sports needs some serious restructuring. They make some shitty as games now lol.

pilonv1

Smokey said:

in My Player mode there appears to be unlimited fouls (at least on the CPU side). That's right. Have more than 6 fouls? No problem just keep hacking away, the game won't do shit about it.

When are you playing? There's a 10 foul limit in Summer League. Odens Paradise.

I remember fouling out of a D League Game. edit: see you said CPU. Never noticed that.

Smokey

pilonv1 said:
When are you playing? There's a 10 foul limit in Summer League. Odens Paradise.

I remember fouling out of a D League Game.

It happened to me in a regular game. A guy on the other team had 7 fouls and the game let him keep on playing.

lupinko

I should have traded this in last week when it was $40, oh well I got $35 for it in store credit.

Never again will I buy another Basketball game. I'm sticking to real basketball or watching NBA games on TV.

derder

I haven't paid attention to basketball games since 2k7... this looks amazing.

This situation sucks, though. Of all the threads whining about games I've seen this year, this seems to have the most merit.

PBMax said:
OP made me laugh so hard I had to go to Youtube to check out this game -- what an absolute POS.

1 foot bounce pass hits the rafters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW1U4hxxdFU&NR=1

Players stand on court after game forever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o33aXENfneE&NR=1

Dunk, rebound, layin -- two baskets in one!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZBva0C3h1U&NR=1

Jumper through bottom of hoop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xm7gceDqpE&NR=1

Don't even know what to call this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItqqhpHywZg&NR=1

INVISIBLE PLAYERS!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiG4-wjj2Po&NR=1

WTF VC? This is not cool.

Funny, this isn't the first year I've seen these SAME BUGS.

Future

Honestly, this thread deserves a sticky. Add all the youtube vids to the OP and give this game the negative attention it deserves. Chargin 60 bucks for a game thats straight up broken is fucked up, yet if you look at mainstream press its all glossed over and flat out ignored. Games dont have warranties that fixes shit like this. Theres nothing a consumer can do but bend over and take it.

I enjoy the game for what it is since it's franchise (association) mode is better than Live's but if EA redoes that aspect of Live next year, I'll make the switch.

Also threads like this make me wonder how anyone thinks that VC in it's current state wouldn't do the same thing with any new NFL products. I don't think doing shit like this is going to make the NFL rethink it's position anytime soon.

DMczaf

storybook77 said:
I enjoy the game for what it is since it's franchise (association) mode is better than Live's but if EA redoes that aspect of Live next year, I'll make the switch.

Also threads like this make me wonder how anyone thinks that VC in it's current state wouldn't do the same thing with any new NFL products. I don't think doing shit like this is going to make the NFL rethink it's position anytime soon.

2K can't even afford the NCAA Basketball license right now, let's not pretend they would be major players in an NFL bidding war.

MAYBE if it was a UFL bidding war, but that's probably too rich for their blood.

I've been playing the game since Day 1, and while it's a buggy fucking mess, it's still the best playing basketball game on the market. This coming from a guy who loved Live 09.

But please stop posting every two days about how busted the game is. Seriously, your post history is littered with how much you hate 2k. We get it.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
So I should stick with my copy of NBA 2K3? Yay for backwards compatibility.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
CartridgeBlower said:
I've been playing the game since Day 1, and while it's a buggy fucking mess, it's still the best playing basketball game on the market. This coming from a guy who loved Live 09.

But please stop posting every two days about how busted the game is. Seriously, your post history is littered with how much you hate 2k. We get it.

Smokey is being accused of being an EA lover? The world is ending ...

edit: damn, you ninja edited the EA part

Smokey

CartridgeBlower said:

Surely this isn't directed...at me?

:lol

CartridgeBlower said:

no way you're cerrius.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375846
edit: you took out where you said "you sound like an ea plant" :/

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Smokey said:
Surely this isn't directed...at me?

Hey asshole stop sucking up to EA, Im not gonna give you free games yo, stop asking goddammit :lol

Raging Spaniard said:
Smokey is being accused of being an EA lover? The world is ending ...

I know Smokey was a 2k fan previously, but it seems like every time I see a thread on 2k10 on neogaf, he's beating the shit out of it.

Just go to the forums on operationsports. The game's getting a lot of love, especially post patch. Great, the game has funny glitch videos. I'd take a game that had those and played great over a game with no glitches that played like shit. Maybe that's just me, though.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CartridgeBlower said:

lmao :lol

Spasm

storybook77 said:
I think All Pro Football 2K8 pretty much proved that. What happened to VC? Did everyone with any talent just up and leave after 2K5?

Raging Spaniard

CartridgeBlower said:
I know Smokey was a 2k fan previously, but it seems like every time I see a thread on 2k on neogaf, he's beating the shit out of it.

Just go to the forums on operationsports. The games getting a lot of love, especially post patch. Great, the game has funny glitch videos. I'd take a game that had those and played great over a game with no glitches that played like shit. Maybe that's just me, though.

What smokey is saying is that he refuses to support a game that cheats and lies to the consumer. He bought the game so that he could play an online league that works and that is not a possibility, so of course hes beating the shit out of it.

Raging Spaniard said:
What smokey is saying is that he refuses to support a game that cheats and lies to the consumer. He bought the game so that he could play an online league that works and that is not a possibility, so of course hes beating the shit out of it.

Online leagues are busted, no argument. And yes, there are a ton of glitches. But to call it the "videogame scam of the year" is juuust a bit much. The core gameplay is spot on. To people like me who don't even play online, we don't see 80% of the problems he's mentioning.

Like I said, if you want to know more, go to opersationsports. Ton of people are enjoying this year's game.

Smokey

CartridgeBlower said:
I know Smokey was a 2k fan previously, but it seems like every time I see a thread on 2k10 on neogaf, he's beating the shit out of it.

Just go to the forums on operationsports. The game's getting a lot of love, especially post patch. Great, the game has funny glitch videos. I'd take a game that had those and played great over a game with no glitches that played like shit. Maybe that's just me, though.

When you've been an admin of GAF NBA2K leagues for 3+ seasons then get at me. When you've offered your own money as a prize and go through everything that comes with managing a league of 20+ people then get at me. When you realize how much effort I put in with NBA2K products here on GAF because I LIKE(ed) their product then get at me.

Until then shut tha fuck up. I'm not a EA plant. Do you realize how stupid that makes you sound? Obviously you are not in tune with the sports community here if that is what you think, but whatever. You tried to ninja edit your post but I caught it.

You are part of the problem. The game is obviously flawed yet you're willing to stand by it and suck it up. You even acknowledge the obvious amount of bugs, yet you're willing to stand there with your pants down waiting for Admin Ron to come fuck you again, again, and again.

So..who's really the plant?

Kimosabae

Banned
Future said:
Honestly, this thread deserves a sticky. Add all the youtube vids to the OP and give this game the negative attention it deserves. Chargin 60 bucks for a game thats straight up broken is fucked up, yet if you look at mainstream press its all glossed over and flat out ignored. Games dont have warranties that fixes shit like this. Theres nothing a consumer can do but bend over and take it.

I agree, this thread should be stickied and people should be e-mailing blogsites in hopes that at least one of them has enough integrity help bring this to light.

Raging Spaniard

CartridgeBlower said:
Online leagues are busted, no argument. And yes, there are a ton of glitches. But to call it the "videogame scam of the year" is juuust a bit much. The core gameplay is spot on. To people like me who don't even play online, we don't see 80% of the problems he's mentioning.

Like I said, if you want to know more, go to opersationsports. Ton of people are enjoying this year's game.

I own the game, play it and I agree with Smokey. I dont need to change my opinion because other people are enjoying the game, I form my own opinions trough my own experiences.

What about it isnt a scam? Is a roster update worth 60 bucks? Hell, they didnt even do it right as several trades werent working on launch day

When an old game with old bugs and with non working MODES is being sold as something thats NEW, then yes, thats a scam.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
CartridgeBlower said:
I don't get it. You recognize that online is broken, yet if someone buys the game for online, they shouldn't complain because the core gameplay of single player still works 80% of the time?

Top Bottom