• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

ecnal

daw840 said:
ecnal, you think you could get a game in?

you still around?

looks like we gotta shoot for this weekend.

CB3 said:
Same as it ever was.

ya, i mean that post of mine wasn't really necessary considering it's 2K we're talking about. they just fucking upgraded their dreamcast era servers.

still sucks that we, as a league and collective group, haven't been able to overcome the same lame ass shit we've all seen, experienced, and hated since 2K9.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ecnal said:
you still around?

looks like we gotta shoot for this weekend.

ya, i mean that post of mine wasn't really necessary considering it's 2K we're talking about. they just fucking upgraded their dreamcast era servers.

still sucks that we, as a league and collective group, haven't been able to overcome the same lame ass shit we've all seen, experienced, and hated since 2K9.

i was talking about pheeknicks losing in the first round again

Smokey

Milo we'll probably have to shoot for tomorrow to play. Graduated yesterday and having a party today so I won't be available at all. And CB came back and won the series down 2-0?!

CB3 said:
i was talking about pheeknicks losing in the first round again

see? you've got a reputation as a whiner. go you

and yes he came back. after i went down 2-2 and then 3-2 i basically asked him to finish me off, lebron/celtics style...i "tried" but didn't give enough of a shit

also, i could never get a perfect release on a wide open shot, but only contested ones. so fucking frustrating

i also noticed the animation where someone shoots a jumper, and they fall after the jumper, it always goes in :lol

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
see? you've got a reputation as a whiner. go you

and yes he came back. after i went down 2-2 and then 3-2 i basically asked him to finish me off, lebron/celtics style...i "tried" but didn't give enough of a shit

also, i could never get a perfect release on a wide open shot, but only contested ones. so fucking frustrating

i also noticed the animation where someone shoots a jumper, and they fall after the jumper, it always goes in :lol
not entirely true, although when i fall for a pump fake on Dirk and he enters a standing fallaway jumper, thats automatic :/

DCX

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
ph33nix said:
Well, not ALWAYS, but often. I've had Paul Pierce miss about an equal number of those "falling down" shots as he's made, each with "green" release indicators.

Mrbob

Anachronous not sure what is up with Chars I sent him an aim message last night you were looking for him no response. He disappears once the playoffs starts. :lol

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Mrbob said:
Anachronous not sure what is up with Chars I sent him an aim message last night you were looking for him no response. He disappears once the playoffs starts. :lol
Yeah, IDK. I got an XBL and AIM msg from him, apparently just after midnight EST last night saying he was around. But I had already gone to bed, since I hadn't heard anythIng from him and had no idea when/if I could expect to see or hear from him.

I'm doing everything I can to make myself available.

Ferny

Finally good enough to get back on here. Interesting ish happening in these playoffs so far. Lets get next season going soon especially now that Yao won't be playing lol

sorry about the dc bobby, you were beating my ass anyways. you can have the final game of the series. this game has become a frustrating experience. maybe it's because i suck or the suns suck, but i just see too much ridiculous shit every game. thunder players picking off passes when they have no business seeing them, retard defenders rotating to "help" on a guy and leaving a wing player wide open, jumbled pick plays that my guys can't defend, timing seems to change on my shots from possession to possession, i go up for shots with a guy in the air and somehow he kicks it out of my hands and recovers, etc etc.

just don't feel like dealing with the randomness of the game. i can usually deal with sports games flaws so long as i know what to expect. but sometimes this game has no rhyme or reason as to why things happen and no consistency on the happenings!

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Our game dropped in the 3rd, with me down 11. Latency was UNBELIEVABLE ... there wasn't a trip down the court that I didn't have a "waiting for opponent" message come up. I've NEVER had an issue with latency that was that bad. Yuck.

Not sure if this is a reset situation or what. We'll try again tomorrow.

DCX

DCX
ugh. GG and series Bird. Mavs are deep :/ All thier guards can hit threes, Butler can go into streaks where he makes everything, contested or not, and Dirk :( Oh, three 7 footer rotations. Fuck me :(

Amar'e worked so hard this series. Crawford let me down the last two games and my PG play was spotty. I did the best i could with the rag tag team i had. With all of that said i had my chances to take this series.

GM 1 let down. Stone cold in the fourth.
GM5,6 Stone cold in the fourth :( I would go on stretches missing 5-10 in a row. Shawn Marion blocking Amar'e in the post, fast break streaking towards the basket and a stupid suck in animation makes me go into context contact missing me the layup or jumper and no foul,i hate that bullshit.

I drove the wideopen lane with Ridnour only to be devoured by Dirk at the rim, no foul, no nothing.

Dirk in the post against either a 6'9 AK, 6'10 STAT or 6'10 Gallo with the Center contesting the shot perfectly on a fadeaway..Pryzbilla or Thomas, both seven footers, made every single one. Come on now, Dirk is good, but in 2k that should always make it at least 50/50.

Oh well, more time for me to play games other than league games.

Bird, you played well. Well fought, hope i earn some respect points :) Peace out.

DCX

Birdman02

DCX said:
ugh. GG and series Bird. Mavs are deep :/ All thier guards can hit threes, Butler can go into streaks where he makes everything, contested or not, and Dirk :( Oh, three 7 footer rotations. Fuck me :(

Amar'e worked so hard this series. Crawford let me down the last two games and my PG play was spotty. I did the best i could with the rag tag team i had. With all of that said i had my chances to take this series.

GM 1 let down. Stone cold in the fourth.
GM5,6 Stone cold in the fourth :( I would go on stretches missing 5-10 in a row. Shawn Marion blocking Amar'e in the post, fast break streaking towards the basket and a stupid suck in animation makes me go into context contact missing me the layup or jumper and no foul,i hate that bullshit.

I drove the wideopen lane with Ridnour only to be devoured by Dirk at the rim, no foul, no nothing.

Dirk in the post against either a 6'9 AK, 6'10 STAT or 6'10 Gallo with the Center contesting the shot perfectly on a fadeaway..Pryzbilla or Thomas, both seven footers, made every single one. Come on now, Dirk is good, but in 2k that should always make it at least 50/50.

Oh well, more time for me to play games other than league games.

Bird, you played well. Well fought, hope i earn some respect points :) Peace out.

DCX

It was definitely good series. I finally figured out how to effectively use Dirk in the post, and I got his shot timing down right before the playoffs started. I haven't used him in the post hardly at all this season, but I tried to go to it early when I saw Gallo matched up on him. When I saw how well it was working, I decided to keep going to it. It also helped that Terry finally started knocking down shots., and when he was cold Roddy B seemed to step up.

I think the biggest difference was Tyson Chandler's defensive play in the post...especially in the 4th qtrs. His rating is pretty terrible (he's still rated worse than Haywood), but he was able to get a few key blocks late in a couple of games to help close out.

daw840

I've been waiting by my computer, checking this thread all day on the day that ecnal and I were supposed to get a couple of games in and nothing....

daw840 said:
I've been waiting by my computer, checking this thread all day on the day that ecnal and I were supposed to get a couple of games in and nothing....

we have a couple of other series that are unfinished so its not like yours is the only one lagging behind

*shrug*

I say we set late Wednesday night as a deadline.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Chars ... I can run after 9PM and can start a game as late as 11PM EST.

Please reboot your router, or make sure the torrents aren't running ... or whatever was going on last night. That was horrible lag!

charsace

anachronous_one said:
Chars ... I can run after 9PM and can start a game as late as 11PM EST.

Please reboot your router, or make sure the torrents aren't running ... or whatever was going on last night. That was horrible lag!
I had nothing running. Probably my sister streaming a movie on netflix asshole.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
charsace said:
I had nothing running. Probably my sister streaming a movie on netflix asshole.
Wait ... I'm the jerk for wanting a better connection than one that results in "waiting for opponent" messages every time down the court?

SURE THING.

anachronous_one said:
Wait ... I'm the jerk for wanting a better connection than one that results in "waiting for opponent" messages every time down the court?

SURE THING.

Hunter's a sensitive bitch

lol his knicks got bitchslapped around friday night. he's still feeling the effects.

ecnal

daw840 said:

i can play a game right now, sorry. :(

smokey, go ahead and give daw the series. there's just no way our schedules are going to match up to get any games in before next weekend.

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
Humble apologies, folks, inexcusable how long it's been since I've been able to pop in. Just found out my LIVE expires tomorrow, I'll look into getting another year (if I haven't been removed from the league yet :D). From the sound of the discussion we're into the playoffs?

Top Bottom