• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Smokey

AtlusAram said:
Humble apologies, folks, inexcusable how long it's been since I've been able to pop in. Just found out my LIVE expires tomorrow, I'll look into getting another year (if I haven't been removed from the league yet :D). From the sound of the discussion we're into the playoffs?

yes, first round

Nightz

WITNESS2K9 said:
Nightz I can play game 4 anytime tomorrow after about 1 pm PST
Hey sorry about last night. Got home late and knocked out right away. I should be able to play around 7 PST when I get home from work.

ecnal

ecnal said:
daw: i'll still be around tonight after 7pm PST if you end up being able to play.

im here if you're able to play a game -- i know you said you wouldn't be able to, but, if you end up with time, ill be around.

baron-davis-prince.jpg

Reporter: you guys were down 3-0, everybody said you would get swept by a total of 4 points, what happened in those three games decided by one point

Baron: the Hornets weren't who we thought they were, Marcus Thorton played like he was Ray Allen, even though I don't think he plays much in the regular season.

Reporter: It seems like you guys packed down the paint and neutralized their bigs for the most part, was that your game plan?

Baron: Yeah, going in to the series we knew they had one of the best pick and pop players, and they had a good low post game, so we took that away from them. We thought, since mid range jumpers and contested threes are low percentage shots, we will make them beat us from the outside.

Reporter: Chris Paul had his way with you guys averaging 27 ppg and 12 apg , it was your assignment to stop him, what happened?

Baron: next question

Reporter: What does the team do from here, I hear you will be a free agent this summer?

Baron: hopefully i get traded, there were rumors of myself getting traded earlier to the magic, but that never went down. I'm just going to continue to play the game.

Reporter: any final remarks

Baron: I'm the best there is, i wake up in the morning and piss excellence. The Hornets didn't win the series, we just lost it. We will be back next year

Dark FaZe said:
damn withness after your second win you should have ghosted out that motherfucker

never play 3 straight

i was about to go to bed, but i wanted to ride with the momentum smh...i still dont know how i lost that series with three games by 1 point:lol , im ready for next season, and i get to pick another team

Nightz

WITNESS2K9 said:
Baron: the Hornets weren't who we thought they were, Marcus Thorton played like he was Ray Allen, even though I don't think he plays much in the regular season.

Reporter: Chris Paul had his way with you guys averaging 27 ppg and 12 apg , it was your assignment to stop him, what happened?

Baron: next question
:lol

Hard fought series, which was much closer than the 4-2 suggests.

Smokey

Baby Milo said:
alright

im free all night

ill be on for like a hour before i got to handle up on some things, and then ill be on again for the rest of the night. if you get this in time get on xbl!!!

daw840

Dark FaZe said:
i'm salty as fuck

no offense to daw, but the lack of an ecnal/smokey second round matchup to me is straight up gameshark

fuck outta here
None taken. I would have rather played our series and lost than win this way. Oh well though, life happens and ecnal is usually pretty available we just had bad timing this go around.

i say we advance whenever smokeys series ends...because the other series don't have a single game played and we know that if they couldn't get anything going for over a week+ then getting 4 in one day would be almost impossible...and thats IF its a sweep.

So hopefully Milo and smoke can go on about their business and we can go ahead and push this thing forward...

Seems as if Daw and Ana should get the advance...no offense to chars...but it looks like he's having disconnects.

ecnal

im around all day today -- my classes got cancelled because of all the road closures due to flooding.

you gonna be around daw?

Smokey

Good game Milo!

You went down with a fight. MAYO was killing me in the 4th down the stretch. Coach Adleman called some well timed TOs to get the troops together and that's when our leader Aaron Brooks decided he had to do something. Hit a 3 to put us up by 1 at the 1:47 mark in the 4th. Defense got a stop and our captain hit another 3 the next possession to put us up by 4 to help get this W.

We were outscored in the 2nd half, testament to Milo he came out hoopin'. Good series man.

9pm central tonight advance to 2nd round

p1175.jpg

23 points nearly 100% shooting

yawn

p1435.jpg

over 50% shooting as usual

sunrise_02.preview.JPG

p328270-Death_Valley-Sun_Set_and_Moon_Rise_in_Death_Valley.jpg

Sun rises in the east
Sets in the west

Wiz comin with that eclipse bitch.

2kgaf, another one of our brothers has fallen to the 2klizard. Milo, who worked so hard against evil
cheese
fell to it.

Daw don't even be afraid to cheese against Smokey because it's what he does on a regular basis. Abuse that melo like your life depends on it. Throw 12 alley right back into the playbook.

mlk.gif

And when this happens, when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!

Baby Milo

Smokey said:
Good game Milo!

You went down with a fight. MAYO was killing me in the 4th down the stretch. Coach Adleman called some well timed TOs to get the troops together and that's when our leader Aaron Brooks decided he had to do something. Hit a 3 to put us up by 1 at the 1:47 mark in the 4th. Defense got a stop and our captain hit another 3 the next possession to put us up by 4 to help get this W.

We were outscored in the 2nd half, testament to Milo he came out hoopin'. Good series man.

9pm central tonight advance to 2nd round
yeah good series i made you earn those last two

daw840

I should be home around 445 CST today, but my brother in law just flew into town. I don't know how many games I can get in, but at least a couple.

ecnal

daw840 said:
I should be home around 445 CST today, but my brother in law just flew into town. I don't know how many games I can get in, but at least a couple.

don't worry about it -- spend time with your family.

there's really no point to play a couple games.

Smokey

I just got the Hauppauge HD PVR. I can record games, TV etc with this. I got my 360 going directly into the box so I'm going to see if I can stream games in HD with it. I did a practice session in Halo with it to test the quality and it's pretty good. No more webcam!

Smokey said:
I just got the Hauppauge HD PVR. I can record games, TV etc with this. I got my 360 going directly into the box so I'm going to see if I can stream games in HD with it. I did a practice session in Halo with it to test the quality and it's pretty good. No more webcam!

haha yeah we need a better way to show the games, im taking a break from being spike lee, since im out of the playoffs:lol

Smokey said:

0.jpg

Smokey said:
faze was predicting he'd beat you in 5 earlier today. thought i'd pass that along

:lol

smokey tryin to add fake fuel to the fire in hopes that he doesn't have to face me in the finals

keep lettin that karma stack up in my favor though bruh!

just push this thing forward smokey

no more games gettin played anyway and im only tryin to play so late if I do get somethin going with cb tonight

Smokey

Advanced

Rockets
Nuggets

Thunder
Mavericks

Wizards
Lakers

Hornets
Hawks

Deadline next Tuesday December 29th, although let's try and not take that long kthnx

Top Bottom