• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

When Mason actually gives a fuck, he's not bad at all.

truly101 said:
BTW Domino, your boys lead pretty much the entire 1st half of the 1st game and we won so you never know how this will go.

But Duke was never in this big a hole, nor were they playing this poorly.

I agree though, Carolina's got the talent to come back. Crazier things have happened.

Crisco

Banned
The funniest part of this game is that Kelly has been an absolute fuck up. And Duke is still dominating.

Sadly I can't really enjoy this due to NC State's loss earlier. Goddamn CJ Leslie.

Domino, is it just me or do Roy Williams teams have a tendency to come out REALLY flat in the first half? I don't even follow UNC basketball all that closely, and I've seen this happen a lot.

DominoKid

Domino, is it just me or do Roy Williams teams have a tendency to come out REALLY flat in the first half? I don't even follow UNC basketball all that closely, and I've seen this happen a lot.

Its a pattern. This year's team has been the worst about it though. Roy must give some craptastic pre game speeches.

Fjordson

Man, just got home to see the UNC - Duke score for the first time. What happened? Thought UNC might be able to take it at home.

Great buzzer beater win by Valpo. Broekhoff saved their bacon.

Green Bay was playing lights out in the last 10 minutes....their point guard Sykes had 31 pts, was doing everything.

Valpo is the top seed in the Horizon League and with Detroit losing in the other semi, who most figured was their most dangerous threat (since Ray Mccallum Jr. and Detroit knocked off Valpo last year in the Horizon League Final on Valpo's homecourt).

Valpo I think has the oldest team in division I, they start 5 seniors. Glad to see them stay alive to the conference championship.

BTW, ESPN made the top 75 tourney moments of all time, and I swear 7 of the top 10 were feats done against University of Kentucky.

...are we the bad guys?

DominoKid

welp i didn't watch the second half, but i'm assuming we still lost.

damn near 36 mins of garbage time basically. we got punched in the dick and that was it.
it feels weird to go a whole season w/o beating a single good team. that's pretty much the book on the season.

it's been fun since we switched to the 4/1, but this team needs a major infusion of talent. more importantly they need to find their toughness. i cant see us making a deep run in the postseason so this was our super bowl. shame they didn't bother to show up.

i have to imagine we pissed away whatever chance we had at wiggins tonight.

Fjordson

i have to imagine we pissed away whatever chance we had at wiggins tonight.
Nah, I doubt it. None of the schools people keep saying Wiggins is interested in the most (FSU, UK, UNC) are that good this year. Really, UNC is the best of the bunch. I doubt it makes that big of a difference to him for next year.

Kansas is pretty damn good this year, but even they just lost to Baylor :p though nobody thinks he's going to Kansas for some reason.

Lunardi has Duke at 1 overall after this game

After a wild Saturday, here is our final update of the night …

1-SEEDS
Duke/EAST (up to No. 1 overall)
Gonzaga/WEST
Indiana/MIDWEST
Kansas/SOUTH

2-SEEDS
Georgetown/MIDWEST
Louisville/EAST
Michigan/SOUTH
Miami/WEST

LAST FOUR BYES
Iowa State
Colorado
Villanova
Temple

LAST FOUR IN
Kentucky
Boise State
La Salle
Tennessee

FIRST FOUR OUT
Virginia
Baylor
Ole Miss
Southern Miss

NEXT FOUR OUT
Alabama
Iowa
Maryland
Arizona State

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/78795/bracket-update-duke-now-no-1-overall

I'd have Georgetown on the top line, after the beating they gave Syracuse and the one Baylor gave Kansas. It can all flip again in a week, anyway.

Fjordson

I'd put Louisville as a 1 personally after Georgetown lost to Villanova earlier this week and Lousiville beasted Notre Dame and Cincy this week.

I'll bet it'll come down to whoever does better in the Big East tourney.

TheNatural

My Member!
Kansas as a #1 is a joke. I could see even GTown up there, at least they beat us and were equal in the Big East. Although it's ignored they basically got bailed out of the cancelled halfway finished Florida game earlier this year.

dmag1223

I just got back from the horizon league tournament semifinals today. Absolutely awesome games. If you haven't seen the buzzer beaters, check ESPN, think they have them up.

jakncoke

Banned
Damn Detroit got bumped from the Horizon, would of looked good for Pitt if they won.

edit; oh neat Florida Gulf Coast going to their first tourney, lol yet another team that going before Northwestern. I wonder in like 20-30 years if like only 10 teams 1 being Northwestern never been :p then again that probably not a long enough timeline for such a event to happen.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Damn Detroit got bumped from the Horizon, would of looked good for Pitt if they won.

edit; oh neat Florida Gulf Coast going to their first tourney, lol yet another team that going before Northwestern. I wonder in like 20-30 years if like only 10 teams 1 being Northwestern never been :p then again that probably not a long enough timeline for such a event to happen.

It would be pretty neat if they played Miami again.....and won

With nothing to play for this season due to the NCAA post-season ban, the team did better than I expected. Third straight 20 win season at the very least.

I expected the team to fold like a deck of cards given everything going on. Now if coach Donnie Jones can just fix those WTF losses, we'll be in better shape.

Off to the A12, or M12, 'Merica 12, etc., etc.

DominoKid

I can't believe there are UNC fans that actually want to see a 3rd Duke game this season. I'd rather bomb out our first ACCT game than lose a 3rd time to Duke.

W1SSY

Dan dakich, no one in big ten country has asked how Gonzaga would do in the big ten. In pretty sure you just made that up.

Not really for sure I agree with him saying they would be ont of the teams competing for the Big Ten title. They played and lost to Illinois at home and Illinois is 8-9 in the Big Ten. Probably going to be 8-10 after this game.

I can't believe there are UNC fans that actually want to see a 3rd Duke game this season. I'd rather bomb out our first ACCT game than lose a 3rd time to Duke.

If there's any consolation, if you take out the first four minutes, UNC was just -2 compared to Duke.

Plus, there's almost no chance that the entire team as a collective can't hit the broad side of a barn, while Seth Curry makes all the bullshit he throws up again.

DominoKid

If there's any consolation, if you take out the first four minutes, UNC was just -2 compared to Duke.

Plus, there's almost no chance that the entire team as a collective can't hit the broad side of a barn, while Seth Curry makes all the bullshit he throws up again.

eh...its hard for me to put much stock in what amounted to 36 mins of garbage time. we never even threatened winning.

i still cant believe we havent gotten over shellshock meltdown mode yet. you could see it in their faces when Roy called the TO that the players didn't believe.

TheNatural

My Member!
Not really for sure I agree with him saying they would be ont of the teams competing for the Big Ten title. They played and lost to Illinois at home and Illinois is 8-9 in the Big Ten. Probably going to be 8-10 after this game.

Yeah it's probably bullshit. The WCC is ass. 5 of the 9 teams have a losing record, and St Mary's is the only other team up for NCAA consideration.

W1SSY

Yeah it's probably bullshit. The WCC is ass. 5 of the 9 teams have a losing record, and St Mary's is the only other team up for NCAA consideration.

Luckily with the NCAA tournament all of this will be decided unlike in football in which the Zags could be up for the title game without having played in a tough conference.

Congrats to Thad and the Basketball Bucks for another great season. It hasn't always been fun, but you couldn't possibly have asked them to end the season on a stronger note.

Now, it's tourney time.

Top Bottom