• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

jjasper

Quinton Chievous can't do anything besides rebound but holy shit does he get up for them. He is basically kicking people in head when he goes up for them.

Edit: but really pull him now cause he is constantly getting beat.

alstein

holy hell cj leslie is bad.

When he's bad he's terrible. He's coming back I"m sure- no way he's a 1st rounder as many eggs as he has laid. I also hope he's getting his education (I've heard he is though).

I guess State wanted to make sure they didn't finish 3rd.

DominoKid

When he's bad he's terrible. He's coming back I"m sure- no way he's a 1st rounder as many eggs as he has laid. I also hope he's getting his education (I've heard he is though).

I guess State wanted to make sure they didn't finish 3rd.

the state fans i know don't want him back.

jerd

I can't think of a player in recent memory who is as good for the first 39 minutes, and as bad for the last 1 as Phil Pressey.

Edit: As my Phil Pressey wallpaper taunts me from my second monitor.

TheNatural

My Member!

Wow that's fucking crazy. March gonna March.

On our end, what happens tonight doesn't matter. You have to hope Duke doesn't win the ACCT

Anytime someone is slotted ahead of you in the rankings or whatever, and they lose, matters. I know seedings aren't everything, especially this year, but it's what teams are playing for at this point in time. And especially with Pitino, the guy is lethal in the Sweet 16, so if you give him an easier second round opponent this team could go nuts.

jakncoke

Banned
I was thinking at work today how I want a 0 or 2 or 3 win team to roll off a conference tourney win then end up winning the NC. how crazy and amazing that would be.

BE8geAQCIAEdlR_.jpg:large

Who would've thought that Miami wins the ACC in basketball before they do in football?

Oh well, Duke was locked into the 2 seed in the conference tourney regardless. Hopefully, they don't shit the bed tonight against UNC.

TheNatural

My Member!
Holy shit. I go take a shower, see Kansas is up 12 in the second half on ESPN.com, scoring all 21 points for the first 12 minutes. I'm saying "that HAS to be a mistake." Check CBSSports.com, and get what I assume is the real score, Baylor up 11.

If Baylor wins this, I think we're clearly in the 1 slot over them.

TheNatural

My Member!
This is turning into a route.

Yeah losing to TCU and getting destroyed by Baylor should eliminate you from any 1 seed discussion compared to other teams.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Wow that's fucking crazy. March gonna March.

Anytime someone is slotted ahead of you in the rankings or whatever, and they lose, matters. I know seedings aren't everything, especially this year, but it's what teams are playing for at this point in time. And especially with Pitino, the guy is lethal in the Sweet 16, so if you give him an easier second round opponent this team could go nuts.

DominoKid is right. We can get blasted by 15+ tonight, if we win the tourney, we'll get a one seed.

So whats the over/under that Mason has two fouls in the 1st 5 minutes tonight?

TheNatural

My Member!
DominoKid is right. We can get blasted by 15+ tonight, if we win the tourney, we'll get a one seed.

So whats the over/under that Mason has two fouls in the 1st 5 minutes tonight?

Maybe, but you could be dropped down the 1 seed line to a farther out location. I don't know how it's going to shake out, but a UNC win tonight helps our cause more than hurts it.

DominoKid

Nah they'll get a better location and a piss easy section too. Thats just how it goes.

I finally feel sick. Guess its almost gametime.

TheNatural

My Member!
Nah they'll get a better location and a piss easy section too. Thats just how it goes.

I don't think it's a lock yet. Three things I think are a lock regardless of seed: IU is going to play in Indy, Gonzaga is going to play in the West, and Georgetown cannot play in DC. Whether IU or Gonzaga end up 1 or 2 doesn't matter.

I want Louisville the fuck out of the Indianapolis region because I don't want to play IU in a 40,000 seat home game. If Duke loses, we gain on their standing. If Duke loses and IU wins, it keeps Indiana ahead of them in the S curve as long as they beat Michigan.

I want IU as a 1 and us as a 1, preferably in DC. Duke may get DC anyway if they win tonight, and lose in the ACC Tourney. It's not going to hurt our cause if UNC wins.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

I finally feel sick. Guess its almost gametime.

lol, this makes me laugh every time. We've never won an NCAA championship, its always been handed to us by the secret NCAA cabal, due to divine right of kings.

Meanwhile, I see some early projections that have UNC has a 6 and playing Michigan St. Lol, regardless of rankings, we know how that will turn out.

I don't think it's a lock yet. Three things I think are a lock regardless of seed: IU is going to play in Indy, Gonzaga is going to play in the West, and Georgetown cannot play in DC. Whether IU or Gonzaga end up 1 or 2 doesn't matter.

I want Louisville the fuck out of the Indianapolis region because I don't want to play IU in a 40,000 seat home game. If Duke loses, we gain on their standing. If Duke loses and IU wins, it keeps Indiana ahead of them in the S curve as long as they beat Michigan.

I want IU as a 1 and us as a 1, preferably in DC. Duke may get DC anyway if they win tonight, and lose in the ACC Tourney. It's not going to hurt our cause if UNC wins.

Same here.....I want nothing to do with Louisville till the F4. Dieng would give Zeller a tough time plus your wings can lock down defensively, it'd be a hell of a game if it happens. Be a shame if we both got stuck in the Midwest Region.

I'm rooting for Louisville to win the Big East tournament so that they get a 1 seed. Kansas defensively makes me nervous against IU so I hope they get shipped to the South region.

Im hoping if IU can win tomorrow that they are the 1 in the Midwest...if they lose and then get knocked out early in the B1G tournament....Id love it if IU got shipped out west as a 2 seed in Gonzaga's region.

TheNatural

My Member!
Same here.....I want nothing to do with Louisville till the F4. Dieng would give Zeller a tough time plus your wings can lock down defensively, it'd be a hell of a game if it happens. Be a shame if we both got stuck in the Midwest Region.

I'm rooting for Louisville to win the Big East tournament so that they get a 1 seed. Kansas defensively makes me nervous against IU so I hope they get shipped to the South region.

Im hoping if IU can win tomorrow that they are the 1 in the Midwest...if they lose and then get knocked out early in the B1G tournament....Id love it if IU got shipped out west as a 2 seed in Gonzaga's region.

They're not going to ship IU out of Indy, trust me. That's way too much money for the NCAA. They'll switch the S curve if IU somehow falls to a 2, to put them in Indy.

It pisses me more off that the NCAA still pretends the West Coast is relevant in any way to college basketball these days. Stop putting sites in Los Angeles, San Jose, Phoenix, and shit. You get maybe one decent team out there every year. The farthest West the NCAA sites should be is like Denver or something. That'll cover close enough to whenever New Mexico or Arizona are decent. Fuck everyone else.

TheNatural

My Member!
Great a Vitale rant about how 'special' the rivalry is - as usual. If you have to point it out everytime Dick, it's not as big to everyone else not Duke/UNC fans as you make it out to be.

Proelite

How do you get called for a travel while getting the ball on the ground?

Refs need to straighten up they been terrible on both sides.

Top Bottom