• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Do you have the Need for Speed?

Pimpbaa

dark10x said:
Conflicted by this game.

I want 60 fps, so the PC version seems like the best fit, but the community and online features seem critical to this game and the PC version will definitely be lacking there (at least in my case). :(

I was about to post something similar. If this game used steam, I'd be all over the PC version.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
since for some bloody reason they didnt release a PC-demo I still dont know how the game is on PC.

Anybody tried it out?

UFRA said:
Well, it's Pandemic's first OT and first thread all in one. Some slack can be given here. :p

We could collaborate and come up with a better one though. I think a play on Autolog would be good for this game. I think we can all agree that throughout the previews in this game, Autolog is constantly the focus that the devs keep bringing up.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Forcing social networking down your throat

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Where Autolog makes friends, so you don't have to

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| I can't think of a third example

Creative minds of GAF....go!

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Recommended by Autolog

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
As soon as my copy arrives I will be up in this. Will have to wait for 3 day shipping for mine though.

I guess this is my new home now that Burnout OT thread is really really going to be dead. :lol

I'll try one:

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Seacrest Out!

X26

Banned
Nice reviews, to be honest I was a bit worried since the cars availiable in the demo controlled terribly

Will pick this up eventually

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
AlphaTwo00 said:
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Seacrest Out!

:lol :lol :lol I vote for this OT pun, just so those that aren't in popculture "WTF" at it.

In any case, the demo was very disappointing, I don't like how the cars handle. Someone will have to tell me if they fixed the handeling in the final or if they're still on icecubes. :/

shwimpy

9.0 from IGN

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1133094p1.html

8.5 - Presentation
The menus aren’t exactly beautiful, but they get the job done. A few gripes here and there, too. No cockpit view? Sadface.

9.0 - Graphics
I’ve never seen better-looking environments in a racing game. The scenery shines, the cars are beautiful and everything runs smoothly.

9.0 - Sound
Excellent. The engine notes are spot-on, and hearing certain cars is bound to give you chills. Rain, thunder and environment sound are dramatic. Soundtrack is better than I expected.

9.0 - Gameplay
The cars are a blast to drive, the crashes never get old, and the races truly come to life. Hot Pursuit just feels good in your hands.

8.5 - Lasting Appeal
The career mode gets a bit repetitive after a while, but the brilliant Autolog, online multiplayer and the sheer enjoyment of driving and crashing offset it.

9.0 - OVERALL

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Pandemic said:
Has anyone had problems with logging into the Autolog system on the Need for Speed Hot Pursuit website....? :p
Just tried it, no issues logging in but it looks really bare bones and ugly right now (not sure if that's normal).

x9Yhzl.jpg

Phloxy

If I get this on Amazon right now, how soon til I get the 20 dollar credit? Or is that given to me once it ships? Need a new controller for this bad boy.

Phloxy said:
If I get this on Amazon right now, how soon til I get the 20 dollar credit? Or is that given to me once it ships? Need a new controller for this bad boy.

Credit comes within a couple days of shipment. Also, you aren't charged until your item ships.

burgerdog

Phloxy said:
Usually one day after it ships.

Killthee

If you prefer cash over the Amazon credit (crazy, I know :lol), don't mind waiting a week for it, and don't mind waking up at 3 A.M., it'll be on sale at Sears on Black Friday.

20101109-rk5hbnufxr64bhmjwjrdycc185.jpg

Pandemic

Killthee said:
Just tried it, no issues logging in but it looks really bare bones and ugly right now (not sure if that's normal).

x9Yhzl.jpg
Question, how do you link your Autolog account and Playstation Network account...?

Killthee

Pandemic said:
Question, how do you link your Autolog account and Playstation Network account...?
They're linked automatically by logging into the game/demo.

When you try to go online with an EA game you're asked to create an EA account, that account is automatically tied with your PSN/XBL account. If you already have an EA account, just enter your login info for your EA account when it prompts you (it might be automatic, but to be honest I don't remember if it was for me). From there you're good to go and should be able to log into the site using your EA account info (do not use your PSN info) a couple of hours after your first in game log in.

You can verify your EA account is properly tied to your PSN/XBL accounts by logging into the EA site and viewing your profile. If everything is properly linked and if you've logged into the demo, NFS:HP should also appear under My Games.

Pandemic

Killthee said:
They're linked automatically by logging into the game/demo.

When you try to go online with an EA game you're asked to create an EA account, that account is automatically tied with your PSN/XBL account. If you already have an EA account, just enter your login info for your EA account when it prompts you (it might be automatic, but to be honest I don't remember if it was for me). From there you're good to go and should be able to log into the site using your EA account info (do not use your PSN info) a couple of hours after your first in game log in.

You can verify your EA account is properly tied to your PSN/XBL accounts by logging into the EA site and viewing your profile. If everything is properly linked and if you've logged into the demo, NFS:HP should also appear under My Games.
Oh, there we go.

Thanks! :D

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
dwebo said:
Demo didn't support wheels at all.

Hence the reason why I'm shitting my pants at the moment. If the PC version doesn't support my ECCI 7000 FFB Wheel I'm gonna be pissed.

What the fuuuu?!

I just finished downloading the demo (PS3), fire it up and after loading the autolog the game tells me the demo has "expired" and boots me.

This is completely ridiculous and has seriously pissed me off.

Pandemic

Poimandres said:
What the fuuuu?!

I just finished downloading the demo (PS3), fire it up and after loading the autolog the game tells me the demo has "expired" and boots me.

This is completely ridiculous and has seriously pissed me off.
Yeah, the demo expires on November 9 (today), what I don't get is how you were still able to download it off the store. :p

Pandemic said:
Yeah, the demo expires on November 9 (today), what I don't get is how you were still able to download it off the store. :p

I started the download a couple of days ago, and hadn't been online since then.

I mean come on, expiring demos? Early versions months before release I can understand, but this just came out- surely when interest should be near its peak!

Now I'm going to have to blind purchase this game.

will pick this up as soon as it is on steam. seems kind worthless without some sort of community behind it. I am not going to cultivate a friends list for a single game that is not StarCraft 2.

Poimandres said:
I started the download a couple of days ago, and hadn't been online since then.

I mean come on, expiring demos? Early versions months before release I can understand, but this just came out- surely when interest should be near its peak!

Now I'm going to have to blind purchase this game.

That's pretty lousy. But, our old racing rivalry shall continue.

Wow.. i did NOT expect this. At all. I thought the demo was fucking boring.
Gonna read some of these reviews.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
These reviews seem a bit too hyperbolic for me.

yeah.. that's what i was thinking.

Anyway, Criterion aparently did it right again.. but the demo.. the demo..

fake edit: moved this from the other thread.

Top Bottom