• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
List updated through post #1449.

I've compiled the NNID list from post #1139 and added all of the other ones posted since that point:

Let me know if I missed any! Hopefully the OP can add it soon.

Same list, alphabetized:
Linked in the thread OP. Let me know if you intend to move it around.

JCH!

Just beat the Venom, wasn't really that hard. Was around 10 secs faster than any or my friends and I was using the GTR. Who needs that stinking Veyron? ;-)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This game is fantastic. Add me!

NNID: Plinko

I started to use the right stick for accelerating......Where has this been all my life?

The lack of throttle control was killing me until I made this switch. Its fun not hitting everything in sight!

Only issue was figuring how to remap all the controls. Finally settled the jack button being (L+R) on the right stick. Went through alot of different iterations with some frustrating results.

I'm going to try this today to see if I cash less

do you guys press the R stick or is it up and down?
pressing it like a button give a red arrow

okay tried it and hated it

JCH!

Does anyone know how to level up the impact protection body to pro? I don't understand what it's asking for.

That's the Crash Escape ones, right? You need to be close to a crash (AI takedown, police crash etc) without being directly involved in it. Just equip the Impact Protection Body and do a couple of races and you'll get it.

That's the Crash Escape ones, right? You need to be close to a crash (AI takedown, police crash etc) without being directly involved in it. Just equip the Impact Protection Body and do a couple of races and you'll get it.

I have been stuck on 1/2 for days now was not sure how to do it

JCH!

No probs.

So, I found all the billboards, cameras, gates and jackspots. I golded every event with every car... all I got left are your times and I need a bigger challenge 'cause I destroyed all my current friends :p

I'm at around 4 Million SP, anyone up to the challenge? :D

No probs.

So, I found all the billboards, cameras, gates and jackspots. I golded every event with every car... all I got left are your times and I need a bigger challenge 'cause I destroyed all my current friends :p

sounds like someone is ready for new DLC

japtor

Awesome, thanks! I'll just keep updating that post since you've got the link going there.
Thought about just setting up a Google form/spreadsheet? Form would just be like Gaf name and NNID and people can add themselves, it can have time stamps so people see the newest additions too.

I can make one pretty quick if you don't know how...I just have no clue what the Gaf names are for a lot of the NNIDs so it'd be half empty when starting with your list. Edit: maybe I can cross reference with this list if people still use that one, although probably not going by the number of names I guess.

Tab0203

It's been mentioned in the other official thread, but having only 2 camera views when there's something like this on PC really hurts. I'm not even asking for a cockpit or dashcam view with lots of detail and high resolution reflections. Just raise the bumper cam a little to make it playable. It's almost useless as it is now.

Where is the replay function? A replay function with multiple camera angles, heli cam and unlimited save slots to SD-card/ext. HD? The multi-screen switch traffic/cars/time of day at the press of a button-gameplay is great. Reminds me of my PC gaming days.

By the way, is this IGN's review setup? How can anyone play games like this? This generation is hilarious.

IGN:

Same with Gamespot:

andthebeatgoeson

NNID's for GAF users, as posted in this thread.

List updated through post #1468.

Same list, alphabetized:

Let me know if I missed any!
Thank you for this. What's the difference between friends and following for this game? I want to friend you all but I still have to get into Monster Hunter. If I can still get your times to load by following, that would be great.

Thank you for this. What's the difference between friends and following for this game? I want to friend you all but I still have to get into Monster Hunter. If I can still get your times to load by following, that would be great.

Following just puts them on your MiiVerse activity feed. You want to friend people if you want them in your autolog/play games with them.

I finally mapped the acceleration on the right stick, and I think I found the perfect control setup for it:

Right stick: Accelerate/Brake
RS click: Honk
ZL: Handbrake
ZR: Boost
L: Camera
R: Next track
X: Change car
Y: Look Left
A: Look right
B: Look down

pestul

I finally mapped the acceleration on the right stick, and I think I found the perfect control setup for it:

That looks really good. Going to try it later.

This game is awesome.

JCH!

I've been using something similar from day one, the right stick throttle makes all the difference in the world.

hatchx

Banned
It's been mentioned in the other official thread, but having only 2 camera views when there's something like this on PC really hurts. I'm not even asking for a cockpit or dashcam view with lots of detail and high resolution reflections. Just raise the bumper cam a little to make it playable. It's almost useless as it is now.

Where is the replay function? A replay function with multiple camera angles, heli cam and unlimited save slots to SD-card/ext. HD? The multi-screen switch traffic/cars/time of day at the press of a button-gameplay is great. Reminds me of my PC gaming days.

By the way, is this IGN's review setup? How can anyone play games like this? This generation is hilarious.

Did the PS3/360 version have more customizable options for camera and replay?

I'm not understanding your point, you trying to bash Wii U for displaying it on two screens? You hating on the camera/replay options? I'm lost.

I can't believe people are playing with analog stick acceleration. I might just have to try it. The drifting is just about clicking for me and the game is getting really fun. There is nothing quite like the Most Wanted races.

That looks really good. Going to try it later.

This game is awesome.

I've been using something similar from day one, the right stick throttle makes all the difference in the world.

It does indeed make a difference. Played the demo a couple of times on PS3 and there was definitely something off the first time I put my hands on the Wii U version.

It feels really, really good now with the analog setup.

Cronq

Banned
No probs.

Given that I take a full 2 hours to master any race, I think this game will last me for months. I'm getting better but I started at drunk-awful.

It occurs to me I never posted my MiiVerse user in here. It's the same as my GAF username. Hit me up. Make sure you tell me what it's for.

Managed to pull off a few stupid good speed run times last night. Your move, gaffers.

Tab0203

Did the PS3/360 version have more customizable options for camera and replay?

I'm not understanding your point, you trying to bash Wii U for displaying it on two screens? You hating on the camera/replay options? I'm lost.
I'm actually praising Nintendo here. I'm bashing modern TV technology (lag/latency) and IGN's and Gamespot's review setup. There is almost a quarter of a second of lag on their main screen. And I couldn't care less about PS3/360.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-wii-u-gamepad-latency-analysis
Regardless of the technical ins and outs, our tests demonstrate that in an area where Nintendo couldn't afford to fail, the GamePad's video streaming offers excellent, low latency results with rock-solid performance. Bearing in mind that many HDTVs operate with far higher levels of lag, this is a significant achievement. Indeed, for many people, using the GamePad screen will provide a marginally more responsive experience than playing on their regular display.

Can someone add me to the NNID list? I'm not even sure if some of you are already on my list since not everyone is using their gaf name. Loving the shit out of this game.

Thought about just setting up a Google form/spreadsheet? Form would just be like Gaf name and NNID and people can add themselves, it can have time stamps so people see the newest additions too.

I can make one pretty quick if you don't know how...I just have no clue what the Gaf names are for a lot of the NNIDs so it'd be half empty when starting with your list. Edit: maybe I can cross reference with this list if people still use that one, although probably not going by the number of names I guess.

That's fine with me if you want to set it up, I just randomly decided to start keeping track since it had fallen behind from whoever did it last.

By the way, what Tab0203 said above makes me strongly consider playing every game I can via Off-TV Play. I'm gaming on a ~22" 480i tube TV anyway, so it'd be a higher resolution and better pixel density if I used the Gamepad anyway.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Yeah, i'd love to be added to the list NNID list: gummby

I need more friends to play this. T_T

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Dammit bruiser. That gallardo time of 1:43 is straight bs. The closest I can get is 1:46. I even beat all your speed cam times.

Spiderduff

I'm not a big racer fan, but man have I lost a couple of hours today just beating records from my friends list. Sorry to the ones I have dethroned :D I really am having a blast with this game.

jaz013

Banned

Those are features appreciated by old-school or long-time gamers. I think is painfully obvious who are trying to please most of the companies nowadays.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
Once you upgrade the Venom with Pro Track Tires and Powershot NOS, you can do some hillariously game breaking stuff with those loops.

Once you upgrade the Venom with Pro Track Tires and Powershot NOS, you can do some hillariously game breaking stuff with those loops.

I cannot beat the Hennessey Venom GT race for the life of me.

I raced it perfect and made him crash like 3 times, but I will always get blind sided by a cop (once on the mountain road before the hard right, where it was impossible since there was no side road to blind side me from) or the Venom will pass me at what must have been 220mph with how fast he will zoom past me after I just made him crash 10 seconds ago.
I feel like i'm being cheated.

I beat Most Wanted #9-6 on the 1st try for each, but I've tried #10 about 20 times today with no luck what so ever.

toon_link

I raced it perfect and made him crash like 3 times, but I will always get blind sided by a cop (once on the mountain road before the hard right, where it was impossible since there was no side road to blind side me from) or the Venom will pass me at what must have been 220mph with how fast he will zoom past me after I just made him crash 10 seconds ago.

I beat Most Wanted #9-6 on the 1st try for each, but I've tried #10 about 20 times today with no luck what so ever.
Yeah that car is really fast, but it also crashes alot(most of the AI does). You just have to take advantage of that.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Use the Mercedes. You will win.

Really enjoying the game now that I moved acceleration and breaking to the right stick. A big problem though is that the right/left stick clicks aren't assignable when using a Pro Controller. Very frustrating...

NNID: sevenchaos (if anyone is interested)

Top Bottom